Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Started! Mike and Mike this morning predict Lions win

benskins26

On Mike and mike this morning with Herm Edwards, all 3 predicted this would be the week the Lions win. They are about to come back after the break and get into more details about the Redskins struggles, and how badly they don't want to lose this game.

I think this could be the first of many predictions with the Lions winning.

Well, we are the first team the lions have played that has lost a game. I am not saying we are going to lose, but we are going to have to play a hell of a lot better if we want to beat this team. Right now, they have all the emotion going into this game. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Personally, I think the Lions are a lot better team than the Rams. They will win a couple games this season, it is just a question on who they beat. Let's hope not us.

Lavar said on his show yesterday that other teams (players and front office) see the Redskins as a joke and a circus act. He witnessed these opinions first hand when he went to the Giants.

I think Lions fans are probably for optomistic for this game. It is a shame what has happend to us.

I don't even dislike Zorn, I feel sorry for him. If you remember, he was brought here to be "Offensive Coordinator". The genius owner picked all those coaches minds in the interviews and came up with the idea of hiring Zorn and picking his coach later. Well........here we are with a overwhelmed coach, under developmented offense and a QB whose mind is mush.

Let us not forget, it was reported that one of the most important criteria for hiring a coach was that this coach would "allow" Jason Campbell to start. How's that working out for you Danny Boy. Do you ever get tired of being wrong.

Actually, I think Zorn wants to get fired. He will get his wish Sunday.

Who does he get canned for? Zorn may suck...but he's the best option we have on the staff right now.

Is he really? What makes you think that? Why not Greg Blache? Sherman Smith? Blache has been around longer as a coordinator, not just here but in Chicago, and expects more from the players it would seem. He has had plenty of experience. Smith was an assistant coach besides being a position, RB, coach like Zorn.

So what makes Zorn our best option? After all, he was selected by default.

It was in The Detroit Post yesterday that the Lions have a great chance to beat us. I know we don't look the best right now....but damn!! I truely believe that if we do lose to the lions that zorn will not be fired. If we can make it to week 8(out bye week) with no more injuries I think all this talk will be for nothing. We have a very easy schedule...Detroit Lions(0-2)Tampa bay(0-2), Kansas City(0-2) and Philadelphia(1-1) ALL at home with Carolina(0-2) on the road. I think we go into our bye week at 5-2.....maybe 6-1.

LETS NOT THROW IN THE TOWEL YET

Gil Brandt on Sirius radio this morning also picked Detroit, although it was because of Detroit's vast improvement rather than anything about the Redskins. (In fact, he didn't talk about the Redskins at all.)

Then again, Brandt also said that Brett Favre's rating was 55, had never been lower, and that he was too old to play. His radio partner had to remind him that Brett's having a great year and his rating was 110. So perhaps Brandt is confusing Detroit with New England or something.

Looking at the games the Lions have played, they really have only scored because either they made a great special teams play or because they took advantage of turnovers. I don't see either being a real weakness for us right now.

I think people are just looking for their upset pick, but I think they are looking in the wrong place.

We usually do exactly what the media never predicts, so this could be in our favor. They predicted us to win against the Rams, and because we struggled, of course they think we will again. I certainly hope we do what we always do and thats baffle the media, with a big time win this week.

Archived