Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Far This Season, Horton > Landry

Hubbs

We've barely heard Landry's name this year which means he's doing a good job in coverage. Also the LBs and the DL have been doing a great job getting tackles.

Yeah, I didn't hear the 15 yard personal foul for late-hit out of bound against Jacobs, or the whiff on Manningham to give them the go-ahead TD last week. He really has been solid :doh:

And to think we could have had Lance Briggs.

I think the coaching staff should bench Landry. How many missed tackles and poor angles do we need to see from the guy? The coaching staff needs to send the message that they are not starting the guys who were drafted highest or getting paid the most... they're starting the guys who work the hardest (Horton/Doughty) and deserve to be out there.

Landry is at best a middle to bottom-tier starter in the NFL. At worst, he's a first round BUST.

He got his signing bonus and his Lamborghinis... football is secondary to him.

I almost think it's deserving a new thread, but I'll just tack it on this one.

Landry is completely uninvolved in the game right now.

He starts about 25 yards off the line of scrimmage, and takes steps backward seconds before the play begins. It doesn't matter if it's a passing play, or an obvious running play. His 4-5 yards of backward stepping as the play starts is a constant. So he's on average about 30 yards away from the LOS when the ball is snapped. ON AVERAGE! He ends up being completely uninvolved. We're not looking at a ball hawk that's involved on every medium and long pass play. He arrives late to those plays as well, because he can't see the play until it's over, and he takes bad angles to get to them.

Almost like they are playing with 10 instead of 11, because he's in another zip code.

i just wanna throw it out there that landry might be a better strong safety than horton. he played pretty well there at first.
I think Landry may be in the wrong position and he feels out of place. He has always be a tackler and hitter and blitzer so why isn't he playing strong safety.

These are extremely valid points that shouldn't be discounted. However, he IS the FS currently and he IS playing like crap.

Dude i cant believe he called you ROFL, man id be pissed.

I know, right!?

But I mean, how can you seriously compare Horton to Landry when their jobs are completely different. Is Landry making us lose ball games? I don't think so.

Landry's job is to protect this house. Horton's job is to bring the house down.

Not necessarily true. Different packages, different roles. That said, Landry isn't protecting the house when he throws his body at someone and completely whiffs. He's leaving the house with the door wide open and alot of expensive merchandise inside.

I give some credence to the fact that he may be playing out of position. Like I've said, Landry has a ton of potential, but he's not getting the job done for us where he is. At all. And I don't think you can bench Horton at this point.

Archived