Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Far This Season, Horton > Landry

Hubbs

:D

Horton plays HIS position well............

Landry plays HIS position deep and well.............

No questions? :evilg:

IMO: You don't see quarterbacks throwing the deep threat ball very often' date=' now do ya?

Rest my case :evil:[/quote']

Who needs to throw it deep when you can run a post route right in front of Landry and he'll just take a bad angle that will net you with even more yards than the deep ball...

I would have no problem playing Horton and Doughty and benching Landry. Landry has looked awful thus far.

I might be mistaken, I was watching on TV, but it looked like Landry was on the bench for the last play the Rams had where Horton broke up the deep pass. I would have thought in that situation Landry had to be on the field but I only saw Horton and Doughty who ran over from the middle of the field to congratulate Horton on the good coverage. Maybe we had a package in with three safeties? If not Landry was not in the game for that important play and that says a lot.

The truth is, we have two SS out there. I think Landry would continue to be impressive if he'd remained at the SS position, and is somewhat out of place as a FS. Think of the difference in Matt Bowen between '03 when he had to play FS, and '04 (before he got hurt), when he looked like a pro-bowler at SS.

Landry had one assisted tackle today and thats it. His attempt at a tackle on the long Jackson run was truly pathetic, he had a clear shot at him about seven yards downfield and didn't even come within four yards of making the tackle. This guy does not play under control and is routinely out of position. He has great athletic skills but that means nothing if you are consistently out of position.

True, but Horton was even more horrendous on that play and should have stuffed Jackson at the line of scrimmage.

The truth is, we have two SS out there. I think Landry would continue to be impressive if he'd remained at the SS position, and is somewhat out of place as a FS. Think of the difference in Matt Bowen between '03 when he had to play FS, and '04 (before he got hurt), when he looked like a pro-bowler at SS.

I agree but that does not explain why he can't come up and make a tackle without whiffing.

I've been saying this since last week.

Horton is the best safety on this team... Brace yourself, h_h... Doughty is quite possibly the second best safety on the team.

Landry is not a great player by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn't do enough positive to warrant his negatives. He has tons of potential, but he's not what alot of us seem to think he is.

I dont understand u guys. Do you realize landry has been an elite cover safety?

He was #1 last year

this year he has only allowed one pass.

Landry is doing his job and doing hella of job,

As for the sean taylor comment. Do you realize landry has yet to allow a td since highschool? Thats right no tds allowed in college, and his first two years in nfl he has allowed "0" tds.

Laron doesnt make big hits or plays like sean taylor but quietly he is playing much better then he is (covering aspect of the game).

He was #1 last year

As for the sean taylor comment. Do you realize landry has yet to allow a td since highschool? Thats right no tds allowed in college, and his first two years in nfl he has allowed "0" tds.

Laron doesnt make big hits or plays like sean taylor but quietly he is playing much better then he is (covering aspect of the game).

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: and a :doh: for good measure.

He was #1 last year

:doh:

Wow.

Just because he hasn't directly "allowed" a touchdown (which I'd like to see the source on this, because I bet its incorrect) doesn't mean his boneheaded plays/penalties haven't allowed teams to carry on drives that cost us points. There's more to football than what meets the eye. Some here seem to forget that sometimes drives are kept alive by bonehead mistakes that otherwise would have ended in a punt.

funny thing is i think Doughty has been playing better than Horton

LOL exactly, Horton and Doughty are splitting time playing the same position even last week Doughty it felt played more then horton did. I cant beleive this thread tho with people saying "Horton > Landry" thats all crap there is no way Horton has the speed to play in coverage like Landry can and I hate to break it to everyone but on the last Rams offensive play from scrimmage if Bulger throws the ball with less air and more length on it Horton gets beat bad it was just lucky there was too much air under the ball and the receiver had to slow down.

LOL exactly, Horton and Doughty are splitting time playing the same position even last week Doughty it felt played more then horton did. I cant beleive this thread tho with people saying "Horton > Landry" thats all crap there is no way Horton has the speed to play in coverage like Landry can and I hate to break it to everyone but on the last Rams offensive play from scrimmage if Bulger throws the ball with less air and more length on it Horton gets beat bad it was just lucky there was too much air under the ball and the receiver had to slow down.

You have absolutely no grasp of the difference between a free safety and a strong safety, do you?

I'm really glad some of you guys aren't running this team.

Getting rid of Landry and rotating Moore/Horton/Doughty? I think it would be interesting if that were to happen, just for one game. I'd love to see the looks on your faces when you saw the results.

Landry has missed tackles, yes. He's that kind of player, everyone knows that. He launches himself like a missile. The bad angles are somewhat correctable.

Landry's main job is to stop the deep ball. However, since our CBs play with so big a cushion, opposing teams can just throw a 5-15 yard pass and watch the guys turn up field.

Horton has outplayed Landry at their respective positions thus far, I do not disagree. But all this talk about how he sucks and get rid of him and such is absurd.

Landry is reminding me more and more of a young Lavar Arrington(except not even that good). All the physical tools, but no football IQ and horrible instincts.

Horton is just a player, period.

To steal from another thread...."This is Landry in a nutshell"

Landry has officially taken the title of "Can't get right" from Lavar...This dude has actually gotten worse every season that he has been in the league, to the point that he can't or doesn't even want to tackle anymore...

To me Horton is the 3rd best player on our defense right now behind only Fletcher, and Haynesworth in that order...

Archived