Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Far This Season, Horton > Landry

Hubbs

Mods, I know we have a few threads about one guy or the other, but I wanted to make a thread specifically for comparing them. If I have offended thee, please be gentle with thine smiting from On High.

Anyway, so far this season, I think our seventh-round gem is outperforming our first-round giant ball of hype. Yes, LaRon made a sick play to cause a pick last week. He's also taken some horrible angles on both backs and receivers, and apparently wants to set the team record for personal fouls. Horton, on the other hand, hasn't made any (noticeable) huge screwups, blows up backs in the backfield like nobody I've ever seen, forced a huge fumble this week, and prevented a repeat of last year's Donnie Avery disaster.

Is it possible to swap their paychecks?

We've barely heard Landry's name this year which means he's doing a good job in coverage. Also the LBs and the DL have been doing a great job getting tackles.

I'll tell you when I've heard his name - when he's wanted to give the other team 15 free yards.

Mods, I know we have a few threads about one guy or the other, but I wanted to make a thread specifically for comparing them. If I have offended thee, please be gentle with thine smiting from On High.

Anyway, so far this season, I think our seventh-round gem is outperforming our first-round giant ball of hype. Yes, LaRon made a sick play to cause a pick last week. He's also taken some horrible angles on both backs and receivers, and apparently wants to set the team record for personal fouls. Horton, on the other hand, hasn't made any (noticeable) huge screwups, blows up backs in the backfield like nobody I've ever seen, forced a huge fumble this week, and prevented a repeat of last year's Donnie Avery disaster.

Is it possible to swap their paychecks?

next off season if we get an offer I wouldn't object to trading Landry and having Horton, Doughty and Moore as our primary safeties

next off season if we get an offer I wouldn't object to trading Landry and having Horton, Doughty and Moore as our primary safeties

Enh, I'm not sure there's a real free safety in that group. Reed's looked great at SS, but Horton can't move to FS, that's just not his role. And I think Moore's more of a SS, too.

Landry has not played poorly, just hasn't had a big game yet. Safeties are hit-or-miss that way. Remember, he did have that tip which led to a pick last week. His tendency to go for the big hit is a bit worrisome, but he also makes excellent plays on the ball (not always for interceptions, but important pass breakups).

Horton has looked excellent so far, though. He's definitely deserving of all the praise he gets--and then some.

Landry is reminding me more and more of a young Lavar Arrington(except not even that good). All the physical tools, but no football IQ and horrible instincts.

Horton is just a player, period.

Wow....interesting comparison. I never looked at it that way, and I can't say that I disagree.

Horton > Landry, and it's not just from this season...

granted Landry is better suited to play SS and closer to the line. His transition to FS hasn't been too smooth IMO. He's had a couple of flashes of nice plays here and there, but for the most part I think he's VERY overrated.

Wow....interesting comparison. I never looked at it that way, and I can't say that I disagree.

Horton > Landry, and it's not just from this season...

granted Landry is better suited to play SS and closer to the line. His transition to FS hasn't been too smooth IMO. He's had a couple of flashes of nice plays here and there, but for the most part I think he's VERY overrated.

Hmm I don't know. Landry takes terrible angles at the ball. I think he's better suited playing FS 30 yards off the line. On S Jax's big run Horton blitzed and got to Jackson, but couldn't bring him down. Landry had a clear shot but took an awful angle and whiffed completely.

:D

Horton plays HIS position well............

Landry plays HIS position deep and well.............

No questions? :evilg:

IMO: You don't see quarterbacks throwing the deep threat ball very often' date=' now do ya?

Rest my case :evil:[/quote']

You, uh... you realize there are other facets of the game, right?

Landry had one assisted tackle today and thats it. His attempt at a tackle on the long Jackson run was truly pathetic, he had a clear shot at him about seven yards downfield and didn't even come within four yards of making the tackle. This guy does not play under control and is routinely out of position. He has great athletic skills but that means nothing if you are consistently out of position.

Archived