Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do you all hate on JC so much?

Waleo32

You're right JC sucks lets replace with the future HOF todd "I'm a career backup even though I played in the same offense for 10 years yet the last time I played I went 4-0 at a critical part of the season leading a 5-7 team to the playoffs. I am aware I am not the long-term solution, but I think I could put up 10 points against the Giants, especially when 3 of those are giftwrapped by my defense and 7 come when the other team is in prevent defense" collins.

You misquoted him. I fixed it.

Campbell also was upset with himself that he checked into a running play on a third-and-8 in the second half. He said he lost track of how many yards the Redskins needed and that he should have checked into a pass play.

campbell doesnt even know how many yards he needed to pick up on the play. you cant make up stuff this ridiculous.

Jay Cutler throws almost 7 int's ended up with 4 ints but it was his WR's Fault.......If thats not hate what is .....Imagine this board if JCamp almost trhew 7 ints ended up with 4 int's they will wait......they hate him now

i was shaking my head watching cutler roll right and throw into quadruple coverage time and time again. it was pretty bad

Good luck. I'm done defending him.

I think the problem with JC is he just doesn't have any kind of killer instinct. He lacks the qualities of a good quarterback, mainly field smarts and leadership. He's a nice guy, but that's not going to cut it in this league.

Oh and look up his stats before that last garbage time drive.

Ditto. I stuck up for him for too long. I was wrong. He's not good. TC15 FTW.

campbell doesnt even know how many yards he needed to pick up on the play. you cant make up stuff this ridiculous.

Honestly, he just seems dumb.

Slow, stupid....whatever you want to call it.

You don't want someone like that driving an Indy car around the track.

Nor do you want them driving a high-powered NFL offense.

The man threw for a 73% w/ a 93 passer's rating. All of the QB announcers love JC. But you fans are the only ones that hate. Hall of Fame QB's say JC has it. And you all still hate. This is just unbelieveable. I mean some of you wanted to run him out of town for a dude who got drafted in the 7th round and will be a career back up in this league. If JC leaves he will have suitors. Don't think he is going to be a career back up. A lot of teams would kill for him. But for some strange reason some of us Skins fans love to hate.

JC will have no suitors if he leaves. Zero. None. He is an abysmal QB. There are several reasons why. Let's explore them:

1) His mechanics and footwork are still to this day the worst in the NFL. He literally cannot drop back quickly enough when he is under center, set his feet and throw. Everything he does looks like it's being done in slow motion.

2) He has no pocket pressence at all. The pass protection when the ball was stripped from him was textbook perfect. He had 5 yrds in front of him to step into. A QB in the NFL needs to have a clock in his head and know that after 2 seconds he either has to throw the ball or take off. Campbell just stands there like a brain-dead moron.

3) Speaking of brain-dead moronic plays, down by the goaline on third and goal, with the Giants blitzing all of their LBs up the middle--what does Campbell do? He certainly doesn't move to the shotgun, he doesn't audible into a hot route in the middle where the blitz is coming from--instead he just hikes the ball and then looks stunned as he gets knocked to the ground.

4) But the play above looked intelligent compared to the 3rd and 9 audible on what was probably the most critical play of the game. Hmmm--let's see what has a zero percent chance of success--handing the ball off to Ladell Betts (our new 3rd down back--what an indictment of Zorn's talent evaluation capabilities!). That play alone proved to me that Candle is clueless and will never ever ever figure it out.

5) The guy looked worse out there than every rookie who started yesterday. Much worse. He does not have what it takes to play at this level period. The sooner he is gone, the better.

Honestly, he just seems dumb.

Slow, stupid....whatever you want to call it.

You don't want someone like that driving an Indy car around the track.

Nor do you want them driving a high-powered NFL offense.

my disgust with his play just increased after reading that. how stupid do you have to be to forget the down and distance on a crucial play? the game is on the line, he needs to step up, and the guy is out to lunch.

unreal. completely unreal.

i was shaking my head watching cutler roll right and throw into quadruple coverage time and time again. it was pretty bad

I already explain to some football idiot(old fan) on here during training camp that JCutler would start the season with 3int's i was wrong he had 4:laugh:

No one "hates."

I honestly don't think anyone has the time or energy to hate.

Campbell has shown, however, he's not worth a fraction what the team gave up to draft him. What has he actually done that people defend him with such fervor... ? I don't get it. The guy has difficulty thinking on his feet, which became pretty damn evident yesterday. That's not the kind of QB who can take a team anywhere.

If other teams will kill for him, by all means please let them. I have a feeling his market will be much smaller and for much less than suspected by some.

The man threw for a 73% w/ a 93 passer's rating. All of the QB announcers love JC. But you fans are the only ones that hate. Hall of Fame QB's say JC has it. And you all still hate. This is just unbelieveable. I mean some of you wanted to run him out of town for a dude who got drafted in the 7th round and will be a career back up in this league. If JC leaves he will have suitors. Don't think he is going to be a career back up. A lot of teams would kill for him. But for some strange reason some of us Skins fans love to hate.

We tried to trade him. No takers. Why is that?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...e-time-to-grow

Campbell was particularly upset about his fumble late in the first half: I spoke to Campbell for a few minutes after the game and there were two plays he definitely wanted back. On the fumble that Umenyiora returned for a touchdown, Campbell said he was in the process of checking down to one of his running backs when he felt the ball poked away. He said he was upset because he didn't sense that anyone was around him.

"It was a play where we were trying to get a down-the-field shot and the defense took it away, so by the time I'm trying to wait for my pass and get out so I can hit my check-down, they made a great play on the ball," Campbell said. "I guess as the quarterback, you just have to feel it a little bit more and slide up in the pocket and prevent that."

Duh.

Campbell also was upset with himself that he checked into a running play on a third-and-8 in the second half. He said he lost track of how many yards the Redskins needed and that he should have checked into a pass play.

FIVE YEARS IN. Think about it.

I don't hate JC. As a person I like him a lot. But as a QB? If you are making these kind of mistakes after five years in the NFL, it may be time to move on to a new career.

Funny the JC coolaid drinkers want to bring Cutler into this and say "see looky there you JC haters wanted him and he sucks, blah, blah, blah"...well how about we give Cutler the same amount of rope to hang himself....you know the well his OL let him down, the play calling was bad, hes with different receivers now, different OC....you cant have it both ways....in the end I'll take a guy willing to sling it (at least when he is behind the LOS)over someone that plays timid...

my disgust with his play just increased after reading that. how stupid do you have to be to forget the down and distance on a crucial play? the game is on the line, he needs to step up, and the guy is out to lunch.

unreal. completely unreal.

Wow. That is the excuse he used. Didn't that play take place after a timeout? How much of an idiot do you have to be. I don't think he was confused about the yardage. He was a coward and wanted to get off of the field.

Wow. That is the excuse he used. Didn't that play take place after a timeout? How much of an idiot do you have to be. I don't think he was confused about the yardage. He was a coward and wanted to get off of the field.

The fact is, as BLC pointed out, that play alone told you everything you need to know about Campbell as a QB.

Funny the JC coolaid drinkers want to bring Cutler into this and say "see looky there you JC haters wanted him and he sucks, blah, blah, blah"...well how about we give Cutler the same amount of rope to hang himself....you know the well his OL let him down, the play calling was bad, hes with different receivers now, different OC....you cant have it both ways....in the end I'll take a guy willing to sling it (at least when he is behind the LOS)over someone that plays timid...

7 ints wtf:chair: how many more excuses can you come up with for Buttler?

Most obvious of all the things wrong with the OP's comments is that anything that made JC's stats look good happened during garbage time. Furthermore, the guy can't get us on the damn scoreboard. Down 17-0 and he can't get us in, it takes of fake FG. Down 20-10 starting inside the Giants 40 and he can't get us in. But wait, now that the games officially over, Campbell drives 70 yards for a TD. Great job.

Oh and you can't forget that he had THREE of the absolute dumbest plays I've ever seen by an NFL quarterback in ONE game.

I've been using this word in virtually every thread for about 20 hours now. You're so right. Jason is not a smart human being. It's plain as day. He's DUMB.

Agreed. And everyone is afraid to just say it.

He is stupid....dumb....slow....behind the game he is trying to play.

Enough already. Hopefully TC can get us going.

most obvious of all the things wrong with the op's comments is that anything that made jc's stats look good happened during garbage time. Furthermore, the guy can't get us on the damn scoreboard. Down 17-0 and he can't get us in, it takes of fake fg. Down 20-10 starting inside the giants 40 and he can't get us in. But wait, now that the games officially over, campbell drives 70 yards for a td. Great job.

Oh and you can't forget that he had three of the absolute dumbest plays i've ever seen by an nfl quarterback in one game.

qft

I've been using this word in virtually every thread for about 20 hours now. You're so right. Jason is not a smart human being. It's plain as day. He's DUMB.

20 on the wonderlic is supposed to be 100 on the IQ scale. 100 is the average human IQ. Jason Campbell got a 14 on his first try.

Archived