Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do you all hate on JC so much?

Waleo32

If we put him in then all we can do is quick short passes, there will be nothing long, and defenses will stack the box and then it's over. We were moving the ball fine yesterday until we started running on 1st and 2nd down, and then putting ourselves in 3rd and long situations. He did convert on plenty of 3rd downs.

Whether it's JC throwing long or TC throwing short, the result is the same.

Defenses have been stacking the box against JC for a while now, just daring for him to beat them. So far he has yet to make them back off. Personally, I'm tired of waiting.

Perhaps a different starting QB can give this team a spark, some leadership, or some urgency. These three things appear to be sorely lacking on this team.

It's simple, Campbell isn't the answer here.

Put Collins in. If he doesn't catch fire, roll the dice with a young guy. Worst thing to happen will result in higher draft picks.

It's better than wallowing in mediocrity with Campbell.

exactly. we are wasting time with campbell. and he wont get pulled until its too late, just like 2006.

Put Collins in. If he doesn't catch fire, roll the dice with a young guy.

What young guy?

Does anyone else find it weird that the team tried to replace JC two different times this offseason, and after failing at that decided to have no young backup in case he faltered?

It's simple, Campbell isn't the answer here.

Put Collins in. If he doesn't catch fire, roll the dice with a young guy. Worst thing to happen will result in higher draft picks.

It's better than wallowing in mediocrity with Campbell.

What young guy? :)

The only other QBs on the roster are Collins, who isn't young (in QB terms), and Brennan, who is on IR.

Woodson is technically not on the team. He is on the practice squad.

JC will have no suitors if he leaves. Zero. None. He is an abysmal QB. There are several reasons why. Let's explore them:

1) His mechanics and footwork are still to this day the worst in the NFL. He literally cannot drop back quickly enough when he is under center, set his feet and throw. Everything he does looks like it's being done in slow motion.

2) He has no pocket pressence at all. The pass protection when the ball was stripped from him was textbook perfect. He had 5 yrds in front of him to step into. A QB in the NFL needs to have a clock in his head and know that after 2 seconds he either has to throw the ball or take off. Campbell just stands there like a brain-dead moron.

3) Speaking of brain-dead moronic plays, down by the goaline on third and goal, with the Giants blitzing all of their LBs up the middle--what does Campbell do? He certainly doesn't move to the shotgun, he doesn't audible into a hot route in the middle where the blitz is coming from--instead he just hikes the ball and then looks stunned as he gets knocked to the ground.

4) But the play above looked intelligent compared to the 3rd and 9 audible on what was probably the most critical play of the game. Hmmm--let's see what has a zero percent chance of success--handing the ball off to Ladell Betts (our new 3rd down back--what an indictment of Zorn's talent evaluation capabilities!). That play alone proved to me that Candle is clueless and will never ever ever figure it out.

5) The guy looked worse out there than every rookie who started yesterday. Much worse. He does not have what it takes to play at this level period. The sooner he is gone, the better.

Bingo, plus he looked worse than every rookie last year.

I don't hate him. I just think he's garbage if we want a big time qb. He's like a less accurate, watered down Brad Johnson. Maybe a slightly mobile Byron Leftwich.

shoot, I'd take Brad Johnson...he used to sling it for Minnesota and even the skins before Snyder ran him out of here.

Leftwich takes 4 years to release the ball once he winds up.

I have supported JC in the past, but if he's average vs the Rams...pull the plug, get Collins out there. The worse thing would be for Zorn to hang in there with JC for 5 weeks, waiting for everything to "finally come around"

I have been a long time Jason Campbell supporter but he lost me yesterday. He just looks scared and confused out there. The audible was just the summation of all that. I think the first three possessions they threw the ball twice so Zorn has no confidence in him but now it looks like JC has no confidence in himself either. JC always seemed calm and collected to me but not yesterday, his pocket presence was awful and he just looks scared to throw the ball (don't even get me started on why he didn't just run that ball when he threw a pick in front of the LOS). Really unprofessional performance yesterday from JC.

How about 2 stupid turnovers that was "HIS" fault and lost this game because of them! Rookies in this league are making better decisions then Campbell is. This is a 5 year QB who hasn't taken 1 step up since he started, that should show even the most die hard JC fan that somethings wrong.

But it's obvious that he can do no wrong in his fans eyes, it's always someone else's fault. Sure others on both sides of the ball made mistakes, but those 2 turnovers were brainless, stupid mistakes that a 5 year QB has NO business making.

If JC doesn't step up his play before game 6, I am all for benching him permanently. To put it plain and simple, the rest of us are out of patients with this man.

Archived