Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do you all hate on JC so much?

Waleo32

Yeah he made some mistakes in key situations, but overall his performance wasn't bad.

In week 1 so far he is 24th(26) in attempts, and 4th in Percentage(73.1), 4th in 1st down%(46.2) and 10th in overall QB rating(93.6) which means he did better than 2/3 of the other guys.

If Zorn would show more confidence and not play so conservative Campbell wouldn't have all that pressure on his back on 3rd and long and he would be even better. Dump a screen pass over the line once in a while to a Rb and maybe it would slow down that insane pass rush.

LMAO, I think you forgot the part where he got shellacked in Seattle, but whatever is convenient for your opinion. Or also the part where he was playing in that same offense he was in for 10 years. And once people had his film it was over.

So, he lost exactly ONE game and those are the 'people that got film on him' you are referring to? Good one...

I'm not delusional to think that TC is the answer...but JC ain't either. The team's FO seems to agree with this opinion.

He made two of the dumbest plays you will ever see a QB make yesterday.

No one denies that he has physical skills.

But he has a) no pocket presence. When Chris Samuels runs his guy upfield' date=' take a step forward. Don't stand there with a thumb up your ass and hold the ball behind your head waiting for someone to grab it.

And he has B) little football IQ. You are making a nice scramble. In fact you are three yards downfield. Why are you suddenly throwing the ball? And why are you throwing it to someone in blue?

And, while we are on the subject of IQ...why are you audibling to a run into a blitz on Third and Long?[/quote']

Those plays are making it hard for me to continue to support JC.

The man threw for a 73% w/ a 93 passer's rating. All of the QB announcers love JC. But you fans are the only ones that hate. Hall of Fame QB's say JC has it. And you all still hate. This is just unbelieveable. I mean some of you wanted to run him out of town for a dude who got drafted in the 7th round and will be a career back up in this league. If JC leaves he will have suitors. Don't think he is going to be a career back up. A lot of teams would kill for him. But for some strange reason some of us Skins fans love to hate.

He sucked yesterday. If you can't see that you didn't watch the game.

Yeah he made some mistakes in key situations, but overall his performance wasn't bad.

In week 1 so far he is 24th(26) in attempts, and 4th in Percentage(73.1), 4th in 1st down%(46.2) and 10th in overall QB rating(93.6) which means he did better than 2/3 of the other guys.

If Zorn would show more confidence and not play so conservative Campbell wouldn't have all that pressure on his back on 3rd and long and he would be even better. Dump a screen pass over the line once in a while to a Rb and maybe it would slow down that insane pass rush.

You guys who throw in these QB rating stats to support the position that Campbell played well really crack me up. Do you watch the games? How is it possible that you parade these stats around to support his play? I just don't get it.

Odd... your summary of Campbell's performance seems incomplete. Something seems to be missing. I wonder what it could it be?

Oh, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2NoOIi_968

He really did have awesome protection on that play IMO. He needed to step up into the pocket and that's it - you've got to expect the defense to come around on the edges. He had an awesome pocket to step up into.

I've been using this word in virtually every thread for about 20 hours now. You're so right. Jason is not a smart human being. It's plain as day. He's DUMB.

Look. I'm no JC supporter but the guy isn't "dumb".

He just doesn't process information quickly and he doesn't handle pressure well in the heat of a game. There's a big difference.

20 on the wonderlic is supposed to be 100 on the IQ scale. 100 is the average human IQ. Jason Campbell got a 14 on his first try.

Wonderlick this.

He makes awful decisions every game and has no idea what to do when rushed and no idea what to do when protected. He's a bama. Nice guy, stupid quarterback.

I defended him for 4 years but I'm done. Enjoy his stay. He'll show flashes of goodness due to his size and athleticism and that will tease you into thinking he's made progress... but we'll never "win" with him.

You people continue to amaze me with your blind support of this guy. As long as were talking stats, he also leads the league in illegal forward passes resulting in interceptions, fumbles resulting in defensive TDs, and pure idiocy.

You know what, I've been a Campbell supporter. The problem is he's inconsistent and has never really shown more than flashes to be a true franchise QB. The guy hasn't shown the ability to put a team on his shoulders and strike fear in a defense. He can make a play here and there, but usually not enough to make a difference in a game.

Bottom-line is he hasn't been a winner for us. It's meaningless to bring up his last season at Auburn where he went undefeated. Fact of the matter is as a Redskins starter he has been 16-21. The excuses are wearing thin and I just want to see him lead us to wins. I don't mind if he does it in a game manager style with a few big plays like in the first half of 2008. The main thing is I want the Redskins to find someone who can help us win.

And his 93.6 rating yesterday is also very misleading as he made a lot of bad decisions and hesitations that get overlooked simply by a QB rating calculation. Hopefully, he can improve, but this is his 5th season in the NFL, it's put up or shut up. So far, he hasn't started off on the right track.

So, he lost exactly ONE game and those are the 'people that got film on him' you are referring to? Good one...

I'm not delusional to think that TC is the answer...but JC ain't either. The team's FO seems to agree with this opinion.

Look I'm not saying Campbell is going to be going to the HOF, but if you hate seeing JC overthrow on deep passes, you will probably hate even more watching TC passes get thrown 10 yards short. If we put him in then all we can do is quick short passes, there will be nothing long, and defenses will stack the box and then it's over. We were moving the ball fine yesterday until we started running on 1st and 2nd down, and then putting ourselves in 3rd and long situations. He did convert on plenty of 3rd downs.

Look I'm not saying Campbell is going to be going to the HOF, but if you hate seeing JC overthrow on deep passes, you will probably hate even more watching TC passes get thrown 10 yards short. If we put him in then all we can do is quick short passes, there will be nothing long, and defenses will stack the box and then it's over. We were moving the ball fine yesterday until we started running on 1st and 2nd down, and then putting ourselves in 3rd and long situations. He did convert on plenty of 3rd downs.

collins has way better touch, anticipation, and a quicker delivery, plus his decision making is better tenfold. i agree, our deep game will be limited, but we have no deep game with campbell at the moment anyways.

might as well see if collins can lead us again, i have a feeling we'd look much more competitive with collins than JC17.

The man threw for a 73% w/ a 93 passer's rating. All of the QB announcers love JC. But you fans are the only ones that hate. Hall of Fame QB's say JC has it. And you all still hate. This is just unbelieveable. I mean some of you wanted to run him out of town for a dude who got drafted in the 7th round and will be a career back up in this league. If JC leaves he will have suitors. Don't think he is going to be a career back up. A lot of teams would kill for him. But for some strange reason some of us Skins fans love to hate.

As much as I'd like him to succeed, I don't see it happening. He throws a good intermediate ball but he also throws an absolutely awful long ball and he has poor pocket presence. See Usi Umenyiora!!

He played reasonably well except for three huge plays.

1) A rookie mistake in passing the LOS by 3 yards. If his back foot was over the line by just 1', OK. It was three yards. To couple that he threw a pick after everyone knew he was running because he was beyond the LOS. The COUP DE GRAS is he could have ran for a first down.

2) The OSI sack/TD was all on JC. He was well-protected. Samuels gave him enough time to pat the ball twice after completing his drop. The interior line gave him a huge pocket and if you look to the right of Randy Thomas, there was a huge hole for him to run. All he had to do was step up in the pocket or run. Instead, he holds the ball at his waist, away from him body and gets stripped. That led to 7 for the other team.

3) When you are down in the 4th quarter and you face a 3rd and 8...you don't audible to a run to a guy that has averaged 3.5 yards/carry over the last two seasons. All three huge plays.

Archived