Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Wise - Zorn's Trickery Proved Rather Revealing

TK

The fumble for a Giants TD was all Campbell

not unless he has eyes in the back of his head

the fact is Ui made a great play, JC saw Samuels pushing Umi past him, as he was ****ing back to throw, he had know way of knowing Umi curled back in behind and was able to swat the ball as he threw.

Aiken saying he needed to "sense" Umi's presence is utter nonsense. Aikmen didn't "sense" many times himself......

it's not as if Campbell was buying time or holding the ball to long, he was ready to fire, and 9 times out of 10 the DE wouldn't be able to curl around behind that quickly.

that was all Umi

dude, we lost 16-7 to the giants. we then came out and scored 20+ points for 4 weeks, which in hindsight was extremely flukey. they we finished the rest of the season doing the same thing. eeking out wins against absolutely terrible teams, and losing to teams that were clearly better.

the team was the same all last season. we just didnt know it until the rams game (which was the real turning point in week 6).

I have posted multiple times that last year's opener and this year's opener were pretty identical, but the identical nature was in the lack of preparation. dude Cooley was BLOCKING in last year's opener. We also had Jansen in because Heyer was out due to injury. It took Zorn some time to realize that Jansen is good at run-blocking, not so much at pass-blocking.

Even if the result looks the same - which it does - it doesn't mean we're looking at the same team. But when we're looking at different personnel and same result, usually that indicates coaching issues - not singling out single players or same players and blaming them.

In my opinion, in both cases poor preparation/coaching plagued the Skins, and ultimately we lost both games.

the fact is Ui made a great play, JC saw Samuels pushing Umi past him, as he was ****ing back to throw, he had know way of knowing Umi curled back in behind and was able to swat the ball as he threw.

Aiken saying he needed to "sense" Umi's presence is utter nonsense. Aikmen didn't "sense" many times himself......

it's not as if Campbell was buying time or holding the ball to long, he was ready to fire, and 9 times out of 10 the DE wouldn't be able to curl around behind that quickly.

that was all Umi

Are you kidding me?

He had like 7 yards of pocket to step into and if he had, especially since you claim that he saw what was going on, he'd have made Samuels job as easy as it is supposed to actually be and there would have been no fumble.

It's not that he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, or that Aikman is an idiot. It's that Campbell is supposed to step up into the pocket when the OL is doing its job. The pocket was clean, too bad Campbell was 10 yards behind the LOS when Samuels was blocking his guy, Osi still had a shot on Campbell because Campbell wasn't behind Samuels in the pocket he was over Samuels left shoulder. Watch the play a couple times. It's quite pathetic. 10 yards back. Maybe they should work on his drops.

Pause the play when Campbell gets back and stops. He is 10 yards behind the LOS. Samuels has the guy blocked, and in fact he continues to block him for 3 more yards but Osi has an opening to Campbell because he doesn't step into the pocket and make Samuels job possible. Campbell is supposed to be in the area behind Samuels, not 3 yards back over his left shoulder, he realises this but doesn't move enough.

It's pretty obvious. Kinda stunning that people cannot watch a play and see. Campbell is moving forward 1 yard patting the ball while Samuels loses Osi 10 yards behind the LOS because he was able to go sideways to where Campbell was. Now if Campbell had moved to 6-7 yards behind the LOS Samuels would have been able to hold the block.

Campbell brings his arm back and Osi gets his hand on it. Is that really Samuels fault? Shouldn't a several time Pro Bowl LT know where he needs to be in order to protect the QB? Was Campbell in the right place?

No way.

The OL should have to protect a pocket all the way to 10+ yards behind the LOS?

For real?

that was all Umi

Not sure if you noticed but on that play J Cam had like 4 yards of pocket in front of him but didnt step into it. It was his fault. Other then that I think he played ok. I personally blame the Defense more then the offense. We all knew the only way we would win was if we held the Giants under 20 points and we did not. Tackling was poor, penalties, and a lack of fire. They just looked flat.

Zorn had a look of dread about him on the sidelines the whole game. He tried to get angry but he didn't have that determination anger look. Looked more like a guy furious about his own failure.

He needs to find his backbone in a hurry because his chicken **** play calling is going destroy us this season. For the love of God man if you lose 28-0 let it be so... but let's go down fighting. This play it safe garbage of just trying to keep it close stinks of fear.

ATTACK DAMNIT and let the outcome be whatever it will.

agree it pisses me off that i really at one point thought jason campbell found a ****ing rhythm but we wanted so desparatrely to establish a running game that we forced it when we shoulda just attacked aerially.

Jim Zorn has been on the hot seat since he signed the dotted line to become the coach of the Washington Redskins. Unless he does something truly impressive their will be a new coach in DC next season with at least one shiny ring wrapped around one of his digits.

HTTR

Jim Zorn has been on the hot seat since he signed the dotted line to become the coach of the Washington Redskins. Unless he does something truly impressive their will be a new coach in DC next season with at least one shiny ring wrapped around one of his digits.

HTTR

I agree with you on this one. Unless we have a great season and a playoff win I think he is out. He is losing this team if he hasn't already lost them. And probably JC with him unless they both do something decisively good. I think Zorn brings some good things but he's definitely gonna wind up in the hotseat.

Aikman said he had a clean pocket to step up into...something supposedly Zorn's worked on with Campbell for two years now.

But it's not JC's fault. It's Heyer's fault for being too slow to tackle Osi and prevent the td.

Because as we all know, nothing is Campbell's fault.

Consider this quote from Hunter last night:

"We just saw something this week that we could kind of go after," said Smith, who also scored on a fake during the 2003 season with the Indianapolis Colts. "Just for the past week we've been looking at it and practicing it, and it worked just like we practiced it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/13/AR2009091302410_2.html

If this is true - if the team truly saw something on the Giants special teams that made them vulnerable, then the fake FG is exactly what the Redskins should have done.

HTTR

Its amazing that the CEO of a billion dollar company must wait for 15 more weeks of incompetence in order to fire one of his managers. That is what you are saying and actually its true.

If this were the real world, Zorn would have a pink slip on Monday Morning and interviews would begin at 10am Monday for his replacement. But Zorn gets to embarrass us all as well as himself for another 3-4 months.

The NFL is a strange place.

I have no problem at all with the fake FG call. Every game is important, especially games within the division, so no problem pulling out the stops to get the team going. That play was about the only good thing we did the entire 1st half.

My problem is with Zorn's very conservative play calling. It's like he has no faith in JC being able to make a 3rd and long conversions, so we run on 1st and 2nd to set up 3rd and not too long so JC's dump off passing game has a chance to move the sticks.

Zorn needs to spread it out, and let the passing game give it a try. If JC still stinks it up than get him out of there and let TC have a chance.

If Zorn will not open it up more he will be gone after this season.

It's like he has no faith in JC being able to make a 3rd and long conversions, so we run on 1st and 2nd to set up 3rd and not too long so JC's dump off passing game has a chance to move the sticks. .

When we were backed up at the goalline in the first half, the fact that Zorn never called for one pass, tells you all you need to know about what he thinks of Jason and his offense in general.

We looked like a team that hired a qb coach to be our head coach. Confused, scared and undisciplined.

Say what you want about certian players, our team looked un coached and our play calling was downright pathetic. We should have abused the middle of he field passing all day long.

Coaches need to put players in a position to shine. I think we are all experts in the run run pass. And what happens when our first pass every drive is on 3rd and long after 2 runs left.

I would love to lose going down in flames. Instead of never being in the fight.

I think Zorn has some neat-o plays but there is a timing for everything. Seems like we pick a play out of a hat sometimes and go with it regardless.

Of course, your players have to perform as well.

Zorn looks out of his league. This man should never have been OC let alone HC.

it's the Spurrier years all over again. We've got a Hc who's out of his league, looks lost during games and produces gimmicky. ill disciplined, poorly coached sides.

Thank you !!!!

I started laughing mid game yesterday and that is exactly what I was thinking.

We looked pathetic. We broke out a 30+ yard run play 1 of game 1. Play 2 of our season is a reverse pass with randle el :doh:

Not even a screen to moss or cooley, or a play action pass off of the big run.

We have no scheme, no vision, no coaching. Nothing.

Ritchie Pettibone is another name that comes to mind :doh:

that was all Umi

I am not one of the Campbell haters on the board, actually I thought he was OK yesterday, some bad things but good things too. But on that play specifically seemed that Zorn was putting it on Campbell his quote was the protection was "excellent" on that play. Samuels can't keep Osi at bay forever.

Archived