Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One big brightside. Next 5 games are VERY winnable.(merged)

Andre3stacks

Well, the Rams and Lions are garbage (although we looked awful against St. Louis last year and it was the same team, so who knows with that game.

But you are kidding yourself if you think the Bucs, Panthers or Chiefs are easy games.

The Bucs looked good and were a 9-7 team last year. And they have a good addition in Ward with Cadillac back this year too. They also added Winslow. They are going to be a tough win.

The Panthers had an off game this week, of course. But this is one of the top teams in the NFC; they won 12 games last year. I would think we would be a serious underdog playing them. I can't imagine you think that is an easy game. You must not know much about football. To think that a top 10 football team that won 12 games last year is going to suck just because of one bad game is just ridiculous.

And the Chiefs looked good too. They played a competitive game with arguably the best team in football and were playing their BACKUP qb. If Matt Cassell comes in and is the real deal, that could be a HARD game. They looked very competitive and certainly not a lay down.

I'd be thrilled with 3-3 after week 6.

You lost all credibility when you mentioned the panthers as a top team in the east. Their QB is worse than ours. Delhomme has thrown 10 ints in the last two meaningful games. They are going nowhere.

Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Chiefs.

It doesn't get much easier than that. Seriously, the Skins should be 5-1 after 6 weeks before hosting the Eagles on a Sunday night nationally televised game. I'm already over yesterdays loss and believe the team is going to take a lot out of the way they lost. That being said, there are gonna be some guys sliding in their seats during today's film session.

Rams didn't score so we may have a chance to win this one. the Bucs played good and they score 21 points against Dallas. The Panthers we have a chance if Delhomme plays and the Chiefs can score because they lost in a shoot out with Baltimore and scored 24. So the road looks easy for a team that is considered an elite team but to a mediocre team like this one we have to view it like a playoff game.

Ok so we go to 5-1. We were 6-2 last year as I recall.

Everything I saw yesterday says we'll be 8-8 again regardless of an easy schedule letting us look better than we probably are early on.

The offense has a lot of work to do. Hopefully they can get it done and truly work it out before we have the Eagles. 5-1 won't mean a thing unless we go to 6-1 by beating the Eagles.

We've proven we have the ability to beat the good teams...its the dumpy ones that sneak up on us. St.Louis, Cincy and SF "surprised" us in '08.

We swept the almighty, gods gift to football and organized sports...Philadelphia's Eagles. We beat the Super Bowl runner up AZ Cards...and we split with america's greatest franchise and media fav...the D.Cowboys. (we did lay 2 eggs vs the Giants though, and fortunatly no AFC north this year).

The Giants are our kryptonite and losses to them seem to shake up the fanbase more than losing to any other team....and the fact it occurs week one doesnt help.

The Redskins will be OK if they can friggin BEAT THE TEAMS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO and split against the division again.

Yes..... the first 8 games last year. Not that last 8

And this is this year. And we are 0-1. Until we beat anybody we will be winless. I am sure the Lions fans didn't expect to go 0-16.

5-11. That is what we will do. Did any of you see the other teams in the East yesterday lol. And you think we can compete with that? :doh:

So, as long as the Skins are playing the absolute worst teams in the league, it's all good?

Wonderful.

Besides, even if they are 5-1 after the first six, they'll likely lose more often when the schedule gets tougher. And that'll leave them what, around .500 again? Well, I guess that's about par for this team.

You lost all credibility when you mentioned the panthers as a top team in the east. They are going nowhere.

Uh, you realize they were 12-4 last year?

If you think a 12-4 team is garbage, you must really think we suck.

They still have a top defense and top running game. Delhomme had a bad game yesterday, but the guy has been to a Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games. He is light years better than the scrub we run out there who has not done anything but lose as a quarterback. If Delhomme keeps putting up stinkers, then he may be done. I doubt he will. He has proven to be a legit starter and should pull it together unless he has just completely lost his nerve. Either way, it does not really matter on Carolina because their defense is still awesome and their runningbacks are great.

If you think a largely intact 12-4 team is an easy win based on 1 loss, then you are insane.

We pretty much must win the next 5 games to really have a legitimate shot, because it gets a lot more difficult after that. The next 5 teams all played poorly in their openers, so of course its possible. But then again we matched up really well against the Giants. If the team could rack of wins against teams they SHOULD beat, it would at least allow the offense to get in rhythm(provided Zorn allows that...), and build confidence for the important games. The Giants a couple of years ago made a season off of beating bad teams and gaining confidence before going up against the tougher teams.

But, this is the Redskins after all. This season is set up well for the team to succeed. If they don't there really arent any excuses.

We DAMN well better do 3-2 AT LEAST.

4-1 would be really good.

5-0 is possible but unlikely.

hmmm...well, seeing as how we're 0-1 now, i'd say 5-0 is definitely unlikely, unless we have a rematch against the giants and win. lol but yeah i know what you meant, 5-1 could possibly happen, unless it was a fluke last year.

Archived