Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One big brightside. Next 5 games are VERY winnable.(merged)

Andre3stacks

Yeah, just like last year, right?

Nothing can screw with your mind more than trying to predict an NFL schedule. 5-1 would be a dream come true, but based on yesterday there's no reason to think ahead any further than the next game. And if we lose that one? Look out.

We should be 5-1 after our first 6 games but the key is "SHOULD". Funny thing is that everyone chalked up the Panthers game as a loss before the season started...and who knows maybe Matt Moore lights up the league.

Lets be honest though...we all know something will go wrong, some fluke will occur that will cost us atleast one of those games and then toss in some nail biters here and there for 2 others and it doesnt look like such a cake walk.

Realistically I think we will be 4-2.

I do feel better today then what i did last year after our opening day loss to the Giants.

Uhhh in no way is a schedule that even appears to be that easy any walk in the park for THIS TEAM. Remember the Rams coming in hear and beating us when they hadn't won any games. I don't trust this team a bit and I'm very upset... against the Patriots (even though I know it was preseason) the team seemed to play with a purpose. But that's the thing, this team only plays like superstars if everything is going their way, the second something goes wrong they start whining and give up on the game completely. They're just spoiled is all I can see, and pampered. For professional football players the whine like little boys when something doesn't go their way. Hopefully later in the season they start playing as if they love the game of football and actually want a shot at glory.

Looks good on paper.

Unfortunately, the Redskins recently have played down to teams that are considered to be 'weaker' teams.

They lost to the Rams and Bengals last year, and nearly lost to the winless Lions.

We'll see how it shakes out this season.

Exactly. I expect to not finish better than 5-11 this year. Zorn is not a real HC.

I also find it funny any one would be setting expectations for wins after our 2-6 collapse last year.

What if we are 0-3 and lose to the lions? I actually would not be surprised.

It's not how you start it's how you finish. The Eagles and Cardinals played in the NFC Championship game last year and the Eagles needed help on the last day of the season just to get into the playoffs. If the Skins can put this Giants loss behind them and improve each week like they should, 5-1 is very possible. The Panthers are in big trouble with Delhomme so I'm counting that as a very winnable game. The Rams are pathetic. The Chiefs, Lions and Bucs all have major issues on offense. We gotta move on from yesterday as quickly as possible.

It really doesn't matter because you gotta roll with the big boys and beat them.

We have proven we can't do that

Exactly.

Even if they go 4-1 against these teams, big deal!

Likely there will be no offensive production and they squeak by with wins of 3 points or less (maybe). They still cant beat good teams and when November rolls around and they have to play real contenders, they break all of our hearts again and they remain with the bottom feeders of the league.

I never really had any expectations for this season, so I dont know why I get all worked up over this.. there is a small, stupid part of me that always holds out hope - only to have them dashed again and again.

It's not how you start it's how you finish. The Eagles and Cardinals played in the NFC Championship game last year and the Eagles needed help on the last day of the season just to get into the playoffs. If the Skins can put this Giants loss behind them and improve each week like they should, 5-1 is very possible. The Panthers are in big trouble with Delhomme so I'm counting that as a very winnable game. The Rams are pathetic. The Chiefs, Lions and Bucs all have major issues on offense. We gotta move on from yesterday as quickly as possible.

:doh: We started 6-2 last year And finished 2-6. We lost to the rams. Bengals and almost the lions. We won no games by more than 6 points and scored less than the 0-16 lions.

Yeah our team is a major issue right now. No game should be counted as winnable. They are all winnable. But you have to win them.

Rams pathetic? Chiefs, Lions and Bucs have major issues on offense?

Sounds like the Redskins. A pathetic team that has major offense issues. We scored less than the Lions last year. Finished 2-6 and looked just as pathetic yesterday.

What makes you think we better than any of these teams?

if were 4-3 collins better be starting. i trust campbell to eek out some close garbage wins against these rebuilding bottom dwelling teams, but once we start playing some real teams its gonna be just as ugly as yesterday.

and the rams have spags now and picked of hasselbeck twice yesterday. i expect him to remember how to beat campbell, which is blitz the bejesus out of him.

Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Chiefs.

It doesn't get much easier than that..

Well, the Rams and Lions are garbage (although we looked awful against St. Louis last year and it was the same team, so who knows with that game.

But you are kidding yourself if you think the Bucs, Panthers or Chiefs are easy games.

The Bucs looked good and were a 9-7 team last year. And they have a good addition in Ward with Cadillac back this year too. They also added Winslow. They are going to be a tough win.

The Panthers had an off game this week, of course. But this is one of the top teams in the NFC; they won 12 games last year. I would think we would be a serious underdog playing them. I can't imagine you think that is an easy game. You must not know much about football. To think that a top 10 football team that won 12 games last year is going to suck just because of one bad game is just ridiculous.

And the Chiefs looked good too. They played a competitive game with arguably the best team in football and were playing their BACKUP qb. If Matt Cassell comes in and is the real deal, that could be a HARD game. They looked very competitive and certainly not a lay down.

I'd be thrilled with 3-3 after week 6.

We've proven we have the ability to beat the good teams...its the dumpy ones that sneak up on us. St.Louis, Cincy and SF "surprised" us in '08.

We swept the almighty, gods gift to football and organized sports...Philadelphia's Eagles. We beat the Super Bowl runner up AZ Cards...and we split with america's greatest franchise and media fav...the D.Cowboys. (we did lay 2 eggs vs the Giants though, and fortunatly no AFC north this year).

The Giants are our kryptonite and losses to them seem to shake up the fanbase more than losing to any other team....and the fact it occurs week one doesnt help.

The Redskins will be OK if they can friggin BEAT THE TEAMS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO and split against the division again.

Archived