Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is playing like a stud ...

mi6

You should try watching the same game everyone else did!

I lost count of how many balls he threw "behind" a crossing receiver. thats not play-calling, thats P.P.P. performance by a P.P.P. QB !

FYI Campbell completed like 73% of his passes:doh: what game were you watching?19-of-26 completions for 211 yards, one touchdown :chair::chair:

Just because you can't count pass the number 7...don't blame JC:laugh::laugh::laugh: it was that ***** for a coach Kline fault...too conservative!

Campbell didn't play as bad as you all make it seem
This was not a bad game from campbell.... more like TERRIBLE playcalling
Lack the football knowledge to analyze a loss? Aim all your anger at the QB. :)

#1 yer kidding right?

#2 yer half right.....

#3 at 21 yrs old i have been a skins fan longer than you have been alive.... i dont know what game you were watching but it obviously wasnt the skins vs the giants....

granted there is plenty of blame to go around but this thread is about campbell ...... fact is...... this kid should pack his bags!

Ps. stop making excuses for ****ty quarterback play!!

The two most critical plays of the game:

Jason Campbell has no idea, runs past the line of scrimmage when he could easily run for a first down, and throws a stupid INT, costing us three points.

Campbell drops back, and as the commentators said, "you cannot get better protection than that in the NFL", and gets the ball knocked out of his hand at hip level. Result: NYG TD.

Lack of comprehension by Campbell. Same old stuff.

That is 10 points Campbell gave them. It is the same old BS from Campbell. Same, same, same.

Again, you're taking the easy way out and blaming the loss on the QB. He was not the reason we lost this game.

Um have you ever watched a football game or are you so biased you can not see what everyone else can. Jason Campbell can not play the position. Oh sure in garbage time with soft coverages he can complete some passes but other than that he is compleatly lost. As far as Cambell is concerned, you can't polish a turd!

Bad, bad play calling. By the end of the second quarter, someone (Zorn) should have realized that the run game is being shut down. So swing CP out of the backfield like the Giants started doing. It's not that hard. And run the ball on 3rd and 8 inside your own 5 yard line???? That stinks of no confidence if you ask me.

Bad play calling and dumb mistakes by JC cost us the game. But then again, playing in NY is not the easiest thing to do. Their pass rush was too much.

Wasted 2 second half timeouts because he could not get the play off on time.

Let a shotgun formation snap go right between his legs.

Had a pass rusher take the ball right out of his hands.

Has anyone ever seen a starting QB do that in the same game?

Feel free to add to the rookie mistakes that this starting veteran QB made today.

#1 yer kidding right?

#2 yer half right.....

#3 at 21 yrs old i have been a skins fan longer than you have been alive.... i dont know what game you were watching but it obviously wasnt the skins vs the giants....

granted there is plenty of blame to go around but this thread is about campbell ...... fact is...... this kid should pack his bags!

Ps. stop making excuses for ****ty quarterback play!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:WTF?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Vinny is that you?

We LOST??

I know.

Hint: I'm from NY

:evilg:

I only posted that to show how ridiculous Passer Rating is. :D

In all seriousness, Campbell seems to be only part of the Redskins problems. Cooley is a stud, but Moss is inconsistent and Randel El is more of a specials team player. Your two rookie receivers need to step up.

As an outsider, I would say that your biggest deficit as a team is not Campbell, but your coaches. That's just my 2 cents.

Again, you're taking the easy way out and blaming the loss on the QB. He was not the reason we lost this game.

Yes, he was. He can't make plays when the team needs him, can't step up when he feel pressure, and can't be a LEADER on the field. Like it or not, the QB is the leader of the team. If he can't hack it, the team needs to find someone who can. JC isn't a leader, isn't an elite QB, and won't lead the Skins to the playoffs. Period.

Jason Campbell is NOT a starting NFL quarterback.

Absolutely right. It's so obvious it's sickening.

Everybody wants this guy to succeed but he just isn't getting it done.

He has no pocket presence, no leadership, he's mechanical at best and apathetic at worst.

We really should have mortgaged the franchise for Sanchez. We've NEVER had a franchise quarterback and yet alot of people are content with Campbell, why? I heard Jeff Garcia got cut and my first thought was "Sign Him!" not because of what he can do compared to the other QBs in the league but what he can do compared to our QB. Very telling that we tried to trade Campbell in the offseason and counldn't get ANYONE to bite. The Jets and Broncos would rather try their luck with a rookie and Kyle Orton than with our guy. He's someone's backup next year then an assistant at Auburn in two. Thanks Jason. Good Luck.

Not at all, but as someone else said earlier: when the board goes all "Blame Campbell" people like me don't have the chance to do any real football analysis because all people like you know how to do is "blame Campbell".

You can take a shot at me buddy, but I have been a season ticket holder for 32 years. I've put my money where my mouth is. The mods can throw me out, but you ought to take a hike. People like you who just simply attack other people are not people. You are certainly not a HOG.

The two most critical plays of the game:

Jason Campbell has no idea, runs past the line of scrimmage when he could easily run for a first down, and throws a stupid INT, costing us three points.

Campbell drops back, and as the commentators said, "you cannot get better protection than that in the NFL", and gets the ball knocked out of his hand at hip level. Result: NYG TD.

Lack of comprehension by Campbell. Same old stuff.

That is 10 points Campbell gave them. It is the same old BS from Campbell. Same, same, same.

Compare this to Shawn Hill who won against Arizona Cardinals ... and, the SF 49ers are not as talented as the Skins are, atleast on PAPER!!:laugh:

Absolutely right. It's so obvious it's sickening.

Everybody wants this guy to succeed but he just isn't getting it done.

He has no pocket presence, no leadership, he's mechanical at best and apathetic at worst.

We really should have mortgaged the franchise for Sanchez. We've NEVER had a franchise quarterback and yet alot of people are content with Campbell, why? I heard Jeff Garcia got cut and my first thought was "Sign Him!" not because of what he can do compared to the other QBs in the league but what he can do compared to our QB. Very telling that we tried to trade Campbell in the offseason and counldn't get ANYONE to bite. The Jets and Broncos would rather try their luck with a rookie and Kyle Orton than with our guy. He's someone's backup next year then an assistant at Auburn in two. Thanks Jason. Good Luck.

Hey Cuz--totally agree. I went to the game today. I was embarrassed for this franchise that Campbell is our starting QB. I'd take any starting QB in the NFL over him at this point. Between him and Zorn's atrocious playcalling, we'll be lucky to win 5 games this season. That would probably be for the best, because once again, we are going to need to start from scratch--new head coach, new QB, new d-coordinator.

Campbell looked god-awful today. He had loads of time--couldn't step up into the pocket; has no presence; has no field vision; has no sense of when to release the ball. Locks onto one receiver; terrible footwork from under center. He looks like he's stuck in molasses. And I could actually watch him out there losing the team. He's a nice guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. And we've made a huge mistake by not getting rid of him. Zorn will have to bench him to save his job.

The problem with Jason is an average quarterback and we are expecting greatness. Jason is solid, but not spectacular. He just, to me, does not have a great feel for the position. He's a bit robotic.

For instance, when Eli changed the cadence and got Albert offside, I've never seen Jason do something like that. Like I said, he's not a turd. I will give him more credit then that.

At times he looked decent today. However, we need to get touchdowns and Zorn needs to show more confidence in him as well.

The Rams are probably the best thing to happen to this organization. Unlike last year, I do believe we will beat them. We will be all right.

Well it wasn't hard to know when we were going to run or throw in this game. Portis only came in on running plays and we passed almost every play without him in. The giants knew exactly when we were going to run by watching portis.

Campbell, showed some good throws but basically lost the game for us with his fumble. Really changed the momentum on that one. Still think he has future potential but before collins retires, I think we should give him the nod so we stop losing division games with stupid mistakes from our QB. Plus, I think the team is 10x more confident with collins in.

Hall played horrible and landry, I have no clue what he was doing on some tackles. Anyone wish we still had Springs!!!! I knew that was a mistake, New England is laughing all the way to the bank with that pickup.

Oh... Play calling is definitely questionable from Zorn. I'm not too sure if he should hire someone to come in to take that over.

O-line played great, even with giants stacking the line. No excuse for Campbell in this one. He had a lot of time to throw.

Running game... go back to paragraph one.

With all due respect, if that had been Big Ben, or Brady, or Peyton, or Rodgers, or Warner, or Delhomme, or Shaub, or Brees, or Rivers, or Favre, or any other QB throwing a TD late you all would have said they were "leading their team to a comeback." I'm not happy with the loss either but I'm gonna aim my anger where it belongs.

LOL! And with equal due respect, how do you know what we all would have said? If Campbell had the track record of any of the quarterbacks you just named(except for maybe Shaub), he would have earned the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not he "led" any comeback at all. Fact is, he hasn't earned anything. Glad you're not happy with the loss, and you are certainly entitled to direct your anger where you see fit, but the "JC apologist syndrome" you suffer from hardly makes you the Grand High Poobah of exactly where anyone else's anger should be directed.

Remember you read it here...

Jason Campbell will not lead us to the Super Bowl. Neither will Jim Zorn.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the truth hurts.

Campbell is not a play maker...he's a game manager, and not a very good one at that.

Archived