Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is playing like a stud ...

mi6

For the uneducated fan, they will see JC's stat line and say he didn't play that bad. Unfortunately, he got 60 yards of passing and a td on that last drive when the Giants basically gave up (didn't play prevent, but certainly didn't blitz at all). Take away those stats and he's numbers are pathetic.

Look into his eyes. He plays scared and with zero confidence. Why is a guy like Sanchez look and act like a 10 year vet while Jason is in his 5th year?

Also, Zorn is helping with his lousy play calling. It's time to play like you want to win the ballgame, not just stay close.

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times(now let's make it a thousand and one times)...Jason Campbell is not the guy. I've noticed that many of the JC apologists/excuse generators/family members are conspicuously absent today. Still, there are a few of you still out there. IrepDC, I know you mean well, but we've been having this conversation for years now. Yes, in fact, JC DID play as bad as we're making it seem. That last score was a throwaway because it was against one of NY's prevent defensive schemes. Campbell isn't an NFL starter, Zorn isn't an NFL coach and Snyder isn't an NFL owner. The thing is, unfortunately, Campbell IS our starter, Zorn IS our head coach and Snyder IS our owner. Are we to be sentenced to another year of sub-mediocre performance? The second most valuable NFL franchise and we can't get our act together? This is effin crazy. The season ticket holders who can't pay for their tickets this year shouldn't be the ones getting sued...Campbell, Zorn and Snyder ought to be sued for underperformance and incompetence.

I have never been the biggest fan of JC.

I have cursed his name and wished many times that we had someone, anyone, else.

That being said,

Zorn was the problem today.

He did not give his offense an opportunity to win.

And just like last year in a similar position,

We showed no urgency and took now chances.

At some point, he is going to have to show faith in his full playbook and the players paid to run it.

That, or he looks for a new job.

im as pissed as anybody, but everybody needs to get off campbells ass.

both qb's had a fumble and threw a pick and had a touchdown. plus being fairly even in yards and completions. seeing how giatns have a better o-line....and d-line i don't think campbell did that bad.

other than time management. chill out.....6 points. if our fumble recovery went back for a td we've won it....so chiill.

:helmet:

So, Campbell gets a TD later which means nothing. You stat and con guys are off the charts.

The last score was a gimme by the Giants.

Jason was soley responsible for giving NY Giants 14 points. His interception, and fumble in addition to his lack of play making cost us the game. This one is on Jason, and noone else.

Even if you omit the TD drive, JC did a pretty good job of moving the ball, and they were not playing prevent on the TD drive. Factor in the Webster played a fantastic game against Moss, that our D couldn't get off the field (thus limiting his opportunites) and that the Giants have the best front 4 in the league, and you realize that the sky ISN'T falling.

both qb's had a fumble and threw a pick and had a touchdown. plus being fairly even in yards and completions. seeing how giatns have a better o-line....and d-line i don't think campbell did that bad.

other than time management. chill out.....6 points. if our fumble recovery went back for a td we've won it....so chiill.

What are you smoking? As much as I don't think Eli is a great qb, he made throws when he needed. How many 3rd downs did he convert as opposed to our scared JC?

Jim Zorn is either gutless, or he has no faith in his QB. His butt was puckered more tightly than an over-torqued screw on his playcalling inside the 20s - on both ends of the field.

I think I'm leaning toward answer #2. Although the play calling was awful as well. Way to many runs on 1st down

I'm like one of the Great Gods of QB Bashing and I really don't think Campbell was a team-killer today. That refusal to step up and feel pressure that got the fumble and his soft-ass attempt to get the ball back STUNK-----BUT--BUT---I think he was Ok passing the ball. Not Brees-esque but good enough to win.

The problem with Jason isn't his use of the middle of the field and his ability to pass there but that Moss is damn near worthless and I don't see Kelly getting more than 25 catches this year.

Seriously, we played a team down TWO DBs and the only guys catching passes are our TE and our slot receiver??!

COME ON.

But Zorn's playcalling was worse to me, even if it was because JC wasn't seeing smoe things, he was at least seeing the middle of the field decently. We played the third quarter like it was a tie game or down 3 points. STUPID.

But I'm willing to give Jason a bit more time, provided Zorn decides running into a wall a bunch of times isn't what we should do next week or thereafter.

i hate to say this but JC is making for a long season, I was disappointed in what I saw the offense looked as bad this first game as it did the fisrt game last season. I wish we had pulled the Mike Vick trigger. I think he would have put the pressure on Campell he needs and would have come real cheap. I am hoping that it will get better next week. Dam if not it is going to be a long season

Get real! It's this exact attitude that kills the team!

We need to expect nothing but perfection and wins from our team. Losers makes excuses, winner ... well, find ways to win.

And, you full off b/s if you think our O-Line did a poor job! For a chance, why don't you get over your man crush for Jason "the loser" Campbell! :mad:

I thought he played pretty well, actually. Webster pushed Moss out of bounds on the INT, so that's not JC's fault. His only truly bad play was the fumble, which happened due to him foolishly not stepping up in the pocket. That, and the would-be delay of game penalties, which cost us 2 timeouts.

Because Moss didn't come back for the ball while the DB played aggresive and went after the ball. The DB wanted it more IMO.

Archived