Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is playing like a stud ...

mi6

Yes, he was. He can't make plays when the team needs him, can't step up when he feel pressure, and can't be a LEADER on the field. Like it or not, the QB is the leader of the team. If he can't hack it, the team needs to find someone who can. JC isn't a leader, isn't an elite QB, and won't lead the Skins to the playoffs. Period.

What plays are you talking about though? When he didn't step up? In the second half he was moving the ball, converting on 3rd downs, improvising, using his legs. He wasn't perfect but your assesment is way off and doesn't seem to be based on any concrete evidence other than you need someone to blame the game on.

What plays are you talking about though? When he didn't step up? In the second half he was moving the ball, converting on 3rd downs, improvising, using his legs. He wasn't perfect but your assesment is way off and doesn't seem to be based on any concrete evidence other than you need someone to blame the game on.

The only thing I'll give you is that some SOME of the play calling sucked....how many times can you run CP up the middle for a 2 yard gain? There again maybe Zorn lost his confidence in JC....I know I have...

LOL... What game were you watching???

LOL! And with equal due respect, how do you know what we all would have said? If Campbell had the track record of any of the quarterbacks you just named(except for maybe Shaub), he would have earned the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not he "led" any comeback at all. Fact is, he hasn't earned anything. Glad you're not happy with the loss, and you are certainly entitled to direct your anger where you see fit, but the "JC apologist syndrome" you suffer from hardly makes you the Grand High Poobah of exactly where anyone else's anger should be directed.

Remember you read it here...

Jason Campbell will not lead us to the Super Bowl. Neither will Jim Zorn.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the truth hurts.

Campbell is not a play maker...he's a game manager, and not a very good one at that.

I know because in the thread Thursday night a lot of ppl were like oh my goodness look at Big Ben leading his team down field. Tennessee was in a prevent D. And it's not about earning anything in this instance. JC throws a TD late in the game he should get the same judgement as any other QB. And I don't suffer from any corny name you can make up. I know FOOTBALL! Point blank. It's been my life for 21 years and hopefully much longer. And I know how to decipher a game more than just blaming the QB. You're not bursting my bubble because you're not really saying anything that any casual fan of football would say.

Calling play at the 10 yard line that takes 3-4 seconds to develop against the giants defense was complete foolishness by Zorn.

Campbell was smart taking the sack.

Now JC needs to take a laxative before the game because the boy looks like he's holding on to something at the line of scrimmage.

He's holding on to fear.

Put Todd Collins in.

LOL... What game were you watching???

I pointed out specific things that Campbell did in the game and this is what you come up with? Clearly if I'm naming specifics and you're dropping "lol's" YOU may be the one who missed the game. Or maybe you saw the game but didn't understand what you were watching?

Hey Cuz--totally agree. I went to the game today. I was embarrassed for this franchise that Campbell is our starting QB. I'd take any starting QB in the NFL over him at this point. Between him and Zorn's atrocious playcalling, we'll be lucky to win 5 games this season. That would probably be for the best, because once again, we are going to need to start from scratch--new head coach, new QB, new d-coordinator.

Campbell looked god-awful today. He had loads of time--couldn't step up into the pocket; has no presence; has no field vision; has no sense of when to release the ball. Locks onto one receiver; terrible footwork from under center. He looks like he's stuck in molasses. And I could actually watch him out there losing the team. He's a nice guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. And we've made a huge mistake by not getting rid of him. Zorn will have to bench him to save his job.

CUZ!

OMG! I'm sorry dude! Your courage is inspiring! I know going to Texas Stadium to watch the Redskins was like watching a side of ribs go up against a pack of starving angry hyenas so I can relate to what today was like and no the "rage heat" eminating from your face and neck will not subside for 24 hours.

I want this guy to do well but he just doesn't have it. Why didn't Zorn bench him after the fumble? Can it get any worse at that point? I mean the game was over why not give Collins a chance? Why is this considered Campbell's team? What has he done to deserve it other than get drafted? At least Collins led us to the playoffs and played well enough to win that game in Seattle.

BTW, You're invited to Week 2 of this 16 week mind****.

Rams at home should be fun. SHOULD be. Let me know.

The only thing I'll give you is that some SOME of the play calling sucked....how many times can you run CP up the middle for a 2 yard gain? There again maybe Zorn lost his confidence in JC....I know I have...

What made you lose confidence though? If we had recovered that kick you're telling me you wouldn't have believed Campbell could have led us down.

I know because in the thread Thursday night a lot of ppl were like oh my goodness look at Big Ben leading his team down field. Tennessee was in a prevent D. And it's not about earning anything in this instance. JC throws a TD late in the game he should get the same judgement as any other QB. And I don't suffer from any corny name you can make up. I know FOOTBALL! Point blank. It's been my life for 21 years and hopefully much longer. And I know how to decipher a game more than just blaming the QB. You're not bursting my bubble because you're not really saying anything that any casual fan of football would say.

Your conceit regarding your supposed superior knowledge of football is indicative of your age. As you get older, you'll realize how much you don't know...which, I hate to inform you, is quite a bit in this instance. You're right, though, about one thing...I'm not saying anything that any casual football fan would say, because I'm not a casual football fan. JC ain't the guy, brother. Deal with it and let's move on. We've got 15 more games left in the season and we need a quarterback...and maybe a head coach...what we don't need is another apologist for the status quo, Mr. Football Is My Life.

Bad, bad play calling. By the end of the second quarter, someone (Zorn) should have realized that the run game is being shut down. So swing CP out of the backfield like the Giants started doing. It's not that hard. And run the ball on 3rd and 8 inside your own 5 yard line???? That stinks of no confidence if you ask me.

Bad play calling and dumb mistakes by JC cost us the game. But then again, playing in NY is not the easiest thing to do. Their pass rush was too much.

:applause::applause::applause: breath of fresh air

What made you lose confidence though? If we had recovered that kick you're telling me you wouldn't have believed Campbell could have led us down.

Honestly, no. The Giants already gave up one TD in junk time. You think they were gonna' give up a second? Just like the Rams game last year. Jason is out-to-lunch for 85% of the game, leads one good drive and suddenly that drive is expected to be enough.

Two giveaways by Campbell kind of trump one TD. He didn't really do anything to inspire confidence. The Giants were giving away the middle of the field all game the we did nothing with it.

Bad, bad play calling. By the end of the second quarter, someone (Zorn) should have realized that the run game is being shut down. So swing CP out of the backfield like the Giants started doing. It's not that hard. And run the ball on 3rd and 8 inside your own 5 yard line???? That stinks of no confidence if you ask me.

Bad play calling and dumb mistakes by JC cost us the game. But then again, playing in NY is not the easiest thing to do. Their pass rush was too much.

Their pass rush was good but the offensive line played considerably well considering the talent they had. On the JC fumble Samuels did a nice job on Osi, it's Campbell's job to step up and get that ball out of his hands. He's doing what he did in 2007 and that's holding the ball back there with no care in the world waiting for defenders to slap it out. He has to protect the ball better in the pocket and release it sooner. Two things that have plagued him since he came into Washington and this is his fifth year.

He is the most talented QB on the roster but if he continues to turn the ball over and make bad decisions then he should not be the QB of this team. If we see a similar performance next week against the Rams then he's out. I don't think that's going to happen but if it does he's out as our QB and Collins is in.

Honestly, no. The Giants already gave up one TD in junk time. You think they were gonna' give up a second? Just like the Rams game last year. Jason is out-to-lunch for 85% of the game, leads one good drive and suddenly that drive is expected to be enough.

And how many times do we have to hear some pinpointed reasons why the Redskins lost that are not representative of the whole game.

We lost to the Rams because of Kendall!

We lost to the Rams because of Torrence!

Don't blame Campbell for failing to throw any touchdowns or put points on the board.

If we want to play that game, we lost to the Giants because Campbell held the ball too long and was stripped for a touchdown. If that didn't happen, we win the game 17-16. Ooh.

Your conceit regarding your supposed superior knowledge of football is indicative of your age. As you get older, you'll realize how much you don't know...which, I hate to inform you, is quite a bit in this instance. You're right, though, about one thing...I'm not saying anything that any casual football fan would say, because I'm not a casual football fan. JC ain't the guy, brother. Deal with it and let's move on. We've got 15 more games left in the season and we need a quarterback...and maybe a head coach...what we don't need is another apologist for the status quo, Mr. Football Is My Life.

I hate to burst your bubble but the game that you've been watching for longer than I've been living.. you don't know it as well as you think you do. You're not even throwing out any real analysis to defend what you're saying. "JC aint the guy"? If football is your life you would be able to explain all the words that are coming out of your mouth. I'm not even that big of a Campbell fan, but I can't even talk about the REAL reason why my team just lost because a bunch of you "know it alls" want to blame everything on the QB, because that's all they know how to do.

Two giveaways by Campbell kind of trump one TD. He didn't really do anything to inspire confidence. The Giants were giving away the middle of the field all game the we did nothing with it.

I'm not saying a TD there was a sure thing but everytime Campbell had time in the second half he was hitting his guys. And our OL was giving him decent time.

FYI Campbell completed like 73% of his passes:doh: what game were you watching?19-of-26 completions for 211 yards, one touchdown :chair::chair:

Just because you can't count pass the number 7...don't blame JC:laugh::laugh::laugh: it was that ***** for a coach Kline fault...too conservative!

F U N N Y !!!

Yea, the playcalling sucked as well, i'll give you that; it is as pathetic as JC,'s playing ability!

JC needs glasses or a new team, preferably the latter. he STILL is throwing behind receivers, over-throwing receivers,and hasn't shown a hair of improvement from last year.

Your stats mean squat; take away that "gimme" td at the end of the game, and he throws for what, 175???

Dude, just take your JC "manlove" poster off your bathroom mirror already!

The guy sucks, period!

I am gong to admit. The Giant dominated the Skins. Simple as that.

But, the Giants defensive line did not dominate the Skins offensive line. Campbell panicked a lot, but not for any reason outside his own skull.

When it was 3rd and 8... And the Giants stacked the line...

And Campbell checked down to a run play...

..that pretty much showed me that the game was over.

Archived