Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is playing like a stud ...

mi6

I know I've posted some recent **** about Campbell...so here's a serious non-bashing post that is just the way things are.

1) Campbell has an arm PERIOD

2) He lacks the mental "intangibles" (love that word) to know when it is/isn't a good idea to throw the ball

3) He holds onto the ball too much when his first read isn't there; when it is he's on point

4) Despite his upside, it's like watching an old man with a walker try to walk up a descending escalator in attempt to reach his full potential

I do want JC to succeed, but at this point it may still be a few years...we've been waiting for 5 already, how much longer?

Agree or Disagree...my :2cents:

Zorn is a horrible play caller. Campbell is just average. Neither has a feel for the game.

What the **** is going on here?

Either Zorn has the guts to admit he has a lousy QB in Jason, and is allowed to make a change.

Or, next year we bring in Mike Shanahan (Sp?) and a TRUE Franchise QB!

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times(now let's make it a thousand and one times)...Jason Campbell is not the guy. I've noticed that many of the JC apologists/excuse generators/family members are conspicuously absent today. Still, there are a few of you still out there. IrepDC, I know you mean well, but we've been having this conversation for years now. Yes, in fact, JC DID play as bad as we're making it seem. That last score was a throwaway because it was against one of NY's prevent defensive schemes. Campbell isn't an NFL starter, Zorn isn't an NFL coach and Snyder isn't an NFL owner. The thing is, unfortunately, Campbell IS our starter, Zorn IS our head coach and Snyder IS our owner. Are we to be sentenced to another year of sub-mediocre performance? The second most valuable NFL franchise and we can't get our act together? This is effin crazy. The season ticket holders who can't pay for their tickets this year shouldn't be the ones getting sued...Campbell, Zorn and Snyder ought to be sued for underperformance and incompetence.

With all due respect, if that had been Big Ben, or Brady, or Peyton, or Rodgers, or Warner, or Delhomme, or Shaub, or Brees, or Rivers, or Favre, or any other QB throwing a TD late you all would have said they were "leading their team to a comeback." I'm not happy with the loss either but I'm gonna aim my anger where it belongs.

What is the worst thing that could happen if Campbell is benched to start the next game?

Campbell psyche could be damaged beyond repair and the Redskins might not pay him $60 million over the next six years, with $30 million guaranteed.

Bench him to start the next game.

I know I've posted some recent **** about Campbell...so here's a serious non-bashing post that is just the way things are.

1) Campbell has an arm PERIOD

2) He lacks the mental "intangibles" (love that word) to know when it is/isn't a good idea to throw the ball

3) He holds onto the ball too much when his first read isn't there; when it is he's on point

4) Despite his upside, it's like watching an old man with a walker try to walk up a descending escalator in attempt to reach his full potential

I do want JC to succeed, but at this point it may still be a few years...we've been waiting for 5 already, how much longer?

Agree or Disagree...my :2cents:

I would say that 2, 3, and 4 aren't really any type of footbal analysis. For 2 and 3, you have to look at the play and see if he had anyone to throw to. Number 4 I won't even speak on. But like you said that's just your opinion and this is mines.

im as pissed as anybody, but everybody needs to get off campbells ass.

both qb's had a fumble and threw a pick and had a touchdown. plus being fairly even in yards and completions. seeing how giatns have a better o-line....and d-line i don't think campbell did that bad.

other than time management. chill out.....6 points. if our fumble recovery went back for a td we've won it....so chiill.

You should try watching the same game everyone else did!

I lost count of how many balls he threw "behind" a crossing receiver. thats not play-calling, thats P.P.P. performance by a P.P.P. QB !

What is the worst thing that could happen if Campbell is benched to start the next game?

Campbell psyche could be damaged beyond repair and the Redskins might not pay him $60 million over the next six years, with $30 million guaranteed.

19 for 26 and 211 yards is hardly worth benching.. especially if you take the time to look at the defense he was facing

Campbell has to go. He looks like a deer in headlights and he cost us this game. Doggone it (thinking much harsher language) I can't stand to lose like this when we give the darn thing away!

This is pretty accurate. I was at the game today--receivers were open--Campbell just has no clue. He won't throw the ball until someone is wide open--that doesn't happen too late. He's awful. With that said, our offense is a joke, an absolute joke. The playcalling is horrendous. Zorn is not a good head coach. I've seen all I need to see. I also think our D could be really sick if we had a half decent coordinator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett81

Well, if the rest of the season plays out like this then we'll be in perfect position to grab Taylor Mays early in the draft...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972Fan

IF the REST of THE SEASON pans out like this Will have a new COACH, QB and a TOP 10 draft pick.

i hate to say this but JC is making for a long season, I was disappointed in what I saw the offense looked as bad this first game as it did the fisrt game last season. I wish we had pulled the Mike Vick trigger. I think he would have put the pressure on Campell he needs and would have come real cheap. I am hoping that it will get better next week. Dam if not it is going to be a long season

Come on man you are taking the easy way out. If you want to talk about the team improving at least take some time to analyze the game. Aiming all your anger at the QB isn't the answer.

I hope the JC supporters are not more interested in him than the Redskins.

Not at all, but as someone else said earlier: when the board goes all "Blame Campbell" people like me don't have the chance to do any real football analysis because all people like you know how to do is "blame Campbell".

I have a hard time believing that we couldn't get similar performances as Campbell out of any decent backup.

He really brings nothing to this team

Again, you're taking the easy way out and blaming the loss on the QB. He was not the reason we lost this game.

I would say that 2, 3, and 4 aren't really any type of footbal analysis. For 2 and 3, you have to look at the play and see if he had anyone to throw to. Number 4 I won't even speak on. But like you said that's just your opinion and this is mines.

His decision to throw at Moss on the sideline when there was pretty tight coverage speaks on his decision making and Moss' for not trying to bail his QB out of a pick at least.

I do remember seeing more than a few throws that were behind receivers and a few other ill-advised passes that should not have happened.

In JC defense, the play calling was utterly disgusting throughout most of the game including the mindboggling Randle El play, right after Portis had just had a promising run. Decision making was just poor all around. If the D hadn't been on the field so long, because the O wasn't, the Gnats wouldn't have had as many chances to make the plays that they did.

The Giants 3rd down conversion percentage was ridiculous too, considering they were usually in 3rd and long.

Archived