Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help: Sean taylor's mother is in risk of being put out of her home!

aesigma19143

My name is Chad, and if you guys are serious about helping I can give you my number and put his mother on 3-way so that you can verify the information with her. Trust me, this is the last place I would go for a scam and this is not to benefit me in no way!

I think we all believe you. But why try to get a couple of dollars here and there from random members on ES when you could possibly have access to guys like CP, Santana, Rocky, etc. and other guys from Miami? Guys that have the money and may have known Sean's mother on a more personal level?

She has already called our local news station down here in Miami, but she said they havent returned her call. This is just one of the many ideas I came up with so I dont want you guys to feel as if Im on here just throwing touchy subjects in the air to get a quick buck. and as for "Rocky" your saying its a touchy situation and that you get emotional when someone speaks about Sean, how do you think we as a family feel when we have to expose what goes on behind closed doors!

very good point.

You really think Dan Synder cares about Seans family? Im not saying that to be rude, but I doubt Snyder cares about his own extended family, let alone someone elses family... the man is sueing the portion of his business's fanbase that can no longer afford the tickets he just reaised the prices of. Blood from a stone, and that's the way he LOVES it.

I think Seans mom has a better chance of getting these bills paid by us the fans, then she ever does of even getting a contribution from D. Snyder.

you took the words right out of my mouth

She has already called our local news station down here in Miami, but she said they havent returned her call. This is just one of the many ideas I came up with so I dont want you guys to feel as if Im on here just throwing touchy subjects in the air to get a quick buck. and as for "Rocky" your saying its a touchy situation and that you get emotional when someone speaks about Sean, how do you think we as a family feel when we have to expose what goes on behind closed doors!

I didn't mean to come off as offensive (I know I sometimes do that). I'm simply trying to help you which is why I'm devoting my time to comment on this situation. I'll just say it one more time for you:

You need to take this higher.

I can't even comprehend on what has happened to your family or how you feel on a personal level, but I can relate to you based on the loss of family members.

But at the same time man, this is today's world. There ARE very sick and twisted people who would abuse the love we had for your cousin to manipulate our pockets. That being said, you must take the time to make this more official and it should start now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/contactus/index.html?nav=globebot

Phone

Main Number: 703.469.2500

Main Fax: 703.469.2995

Phone

202.334.6000 | 800.627.1150

I suggest you hit that up.

here's an idea - contact tanner cooley at www.thecooleyzone.com.

if you can't get someone from the redskins office to help you out, tanner probably will. He may be willing to help, provide some confidence to the people that want to contribute that it is legit, and could post something on chris' blog - which is nationally discussed on a regular basis.

This is a good idea. If some of the players find out about this I'm sure they would help, especially Portis and Moss.

I've already tried contacting the Redskins management, we've called and e-mailed Dennis Greene which I believe is the President of Business Operations.

You have to write a formal letter or just call the Post or whoever you want to call. Make a story of it, THEN you can try and get Snyder, if it attracts enough attention. I suggest you call them, give them ALL your information.

here's an idea - contact tanner cooley at www.thecooleyzone.com.

if you can't get someone from the redskins office to help you out, tanner probably will. He may be willing to help, provide some confidence to the people that want to contribute that it is legit, and could post something on chris' blog - which is nationally discussed on a regular basis.

I think this is a great idea

Put it like this, not to say anything bad about Sean's father but he took this whole situation as far as Sean's passing and ran with it. They look at my aunt as the black sheep, tell me when was the last time you've heard or seen anything about Sean's mom since his passing. They keep her out of a lot of stuff and that mainly has ato do with too many egoes! So its sort of hard for us to find the right chain of command. That's why I result to sites like these because we're here in Miami and you guys are there in DC and VA, you have a better chance of running into then we do. We had Clintons # and I even stayed at his house for the Ring of Honor game but he's forever losing his phone or changing his number and when I did see Santana, I wasnt aware of the issue so we just spoke briefly and that was it! So dont think Im not trying my hardest, Im a 22yr old college student that''s trying to establish myself and at the same time help out my aunt because no one else is stepping up!

the only problem i really have with this... ist hat it directly conflicts with an ESPN article writen at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3130491

you say all the money was put into a fund for his daughter, since she was the beneficerary, but here:

The family of slain Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor will receive a number of benefits, including a $600,000 life insurance policy, under terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement with its players.

Aiello said that Taylor's sister was named as the beneficiary of his life insurance policy.

there are other mentions in the article of thousands and thousands of dollars that were given to someone... can i can't imagine it all went into a fund for his daughter.

Some thing's I might do...

Contact the Alumni Association at the University of Miami. See, if they'd be willing to help you directly or work with you to develop some kind of fundraiser. Several of the alumni over there I'm sure are well connected. Have his Mom call Sean's agent. I'm certain he has strong media contacts and should be able to pitch this for you guys to get attention. Ask to speak with the assignment editor of the Miami Herald in their Metro or Style section... this may actually be a better non sports story with a sports tie-in.

the only problem i really have with this... ist hat it directly conflicts with an ESPN article writen at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3130491

you say all the money was put into a fund for his daughter, since she was the beneficerary, but here:

there are other mentions in the article of thousands and thousands of dollars that were given to someone... can i can't imagine it all went into a fund for his daughter.

Before you posted this the man kinda said his aunt was black sheeped in the family. Just saying and im probably only goes to his immediate family Girlfriend and offspring since there lively hood would be affected the greatest amount

I just e-mailed Jason Reid and asked that he look into the matter. He might not even bother to read my e-mail, but it's worth a shot. If this turns out to be the real deal, I'm donating a nice wad of cash and I am sure others will too.

How about if we ALL emailed Jason Reid and asked him to view this thread? Along with Tanner.

That would be our way of "donating" for now. Because essentially we're getting one step closer.

As for many other sites that states that Sean was a very generous person! He set up different funds and beneficeraries to take care of everyone. I dont want want to go into to much detail about it on this public board, but he had a will that was never signed that entitled his mom to more but unfortunately things happened and those who did receive money sort of turned the other cheek!

Before you posted this the man kinda said his aunt was black sheeped in the family. Just saying and im probably only goes to his immediate family Girlfriend and offspring since there lively hood would be affected the greatest amount

I understand.

The prince of nigeria keeps asking me to send him 500$ so he can get out of the country and fly to the US, when he will then pay me thousands of dollars.

The point is, unfortunately, you can't trust anything (no, its not you can't trust everythign, these days its you can't trust anything) you read on the internet anymore...

I'm just being skeptical is all.

How about if we ALL emailed Jason Reid and asked him to view this thread? Along with Tanner.

That would be our way of "donating" for now. Because essentially we're getting one step closer.

I just shot one off to tanner@chriscooley47.com with a link to the thread - we'll see if thats the right email (i guessed), and if anything comes of it.

Archived