Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help: Sean taylor's mother is in risk of being put out of her home!

aesigma19143

The point is, unfortunately, you can't trust anything (no, its not you can't trust everythign, these days its you can't trust anything) you read on the internet anymore...

I'm just being skeptical is all.

I understand and agree with you, just saying that with a premature death most of the time the right people dont end up with the money.

Yes his daughter will be set to pursue any dream she wants. but if it is true that he was taking care of his mom. (which i expect is true) his mom should speak to some of the several ST21 Charities that are out there:logo:

The point is, unfortunately, you can't trust anything (no, its not you can't trust everythign, these days its you can't trust anything) you read on the internet anymore...

I understand and agree with you, just saying that with a premature death most of the time the right people dont end up with the money.

Yes his daughter will be set to pursue any dream she wants. but if it is true that he was taking care of his mom. (which i expect is true) his mom should speak to some of the several ST21 Charities that are out there:logo:

Agreed. Which is why it's very fishy that he comes to us asking for $1. Again, he needs to really reveal some detailed information to whoever he gets set up with and if it's a scam it's a real damn shame.

ST's mom should know where to look for funds, and I'm just curious as to why she isn't doing it herself? At least more aggressively.

Ok, here's a list of places for you to try. They are the major media outlets for the redskins, and i've got to think at least one (if not all) would want to jump on board and try to help set it up - if for no other reason than good publicity.

--------

ESPN 980, the local redskins radio station - www.espn980.com

160.7 FM The Fan, another local redskins radio station - http://www.cbssports.com/local/dc

The Washington Post, major national newspaper - www.washingtonpost.com

The Washington Times, major local newspaper (somewhat national) - www.washingtontimes.com

The Washington Examiner, local newspaper - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/

The cooley brothers - www.thecooleyzone.com

hopefully that will get you started

Ok, here's a list of places for you to try. They are the major media outlets for the redskins, and i've got to think at least one (if not all) would want to jump on board and try to help set it up - if for no other reason than good publicity.

--------

160.7 FM The Fan - http://www.cbssports.com/local/dc

The Washing Times, major local newspaper (somewhat national) - www.washingtontimes.com

thanks

Not to sound mean but get in line. There are lots of people who are losing there homes right now. It's a shame that it happens to anyone. But the fact that it's some players mom doesn't really make me want to contribute to her cause anymore then anybody else that is losing there home. I think it's a shame that sports celebrity card is being played here.

--------

160.7 FM The Fan, another local redskins radio station - http://www.cbssports.com/local/dc

The Washington Times, major local newspaper (somewhat national) - www.washingtontimes.com

Perfect.

Now all he has to do is stop posting on here and get to work if he's really concerned about his family.

Agreed. Which is why it's very fishy that he comes to us asking for $1. Again, he needs to really reveal some detailed information to whoever he gets set up with and if it's a scam it's a real damn shame.

ST's mom should know where to look for funds, and I'm just curious as to why she isn't doing it herself? At least more aggressively.

Just a figure of speech, not literally saying only a $1, simply saying that its better than nothing!

Not to sound mean but get in line. There are lots of people who are losing there homes right now. It's a shame that it happens to anyone. But the fact that it's some players mom doesn't really make me want to contribute to her cause anymore then anybody else that is losing there home. I think it's a shame that sports celebrity card is being played here.

i think thats a lot of peoples feelings.

but simply put... if you feel that way don't contribute. there are plenty of people who will contribute to ST's mom if she's having financial difficulties - as long as they know everything is legit.

Just a figure of speech, not literally saying only a $1, simply saying that its better than nothing!

Alright, will you get to work then now? Our job is done here, we've given you the tools man.

You have to contact the media, I can't stress it enough. You won't make much more progress here. You'll get this done the fastest by contacting them NOW.

thanks

No problem.

Any one of them will be willing to pick up the story, and help set things up for fans to contribute.

Balls in your court now - if its legit I would expect a story.

Posting on forums is just too sketchy looking - most people want a legit way to contribute.

Even if everything you say is true - there's no garuntee sending you money means it goes to his mother.

So keep that in mind - puting a media outlet behind it makes it look legit, and gives people the confidence of where the money is going.

Good luck.

edit:

Also try to use the best spelling, grammar, and formatting you can. No offense, but if you sent an email like the post you made, i would expect it to get deleted. Something to consider

did you see the video of her when ST's HS named the field after him?

just my opinion of a 20 sec video interview she kinda seemed out of it, like she didnt really care about much anymore, just my opinion and in no way fact.

i suggest you read the last couple of sentences in the original post, I stated that I understand that its a lot more families that are in way more need than Sean's mom! She asked me to help and Im doing everything possible to do so, not playing the celebrity card, more like a person that cares about his family card!

Good luck.

edit:

Also try to use the best spelling, grammar, and formatting you can. No offense, but if you sent an email like the post you made, i would expect it to get deleted. Something to consider

This is 100% true im at a 4 year univ. trying to major in Journalism and Broadcast communications. And i speak to Micheal Lee who does basketball for the post alot, he told me he never reads emails that arent presented well and that neither should i when it comes to a possible story.

did you see the video of her when ST's HS named the field after him?

just my opinion of a 20 sec video interview she kinda seemed out of it, like she didnt really care about much anymore, just my opinion and in no way fact.

I was there with her and once again, if you read my post, it was a lot of things going on before the media came up to her! She was just tired of everyone who was there that were always leaching off of Sean and now since he's gone they want to be in the spotlight with hidden agendas! The same people that were always in Sean's face just to fit in and always told him that if there was anything she needed are now GONE!

No problem.

Any one of them will be willing to pick up the story, and help set things up for fans to contribute.

Balls in your court now - if its legit I would expect a story.

Posting on forums is just too sketchy looking - most people want a legit way to contribute.

Even if everything you say is true - there's no garuntee sending you money means it goes to his mother.

So keep that in mind - puting a media outlet behind it makes it look legit, and gives people the confidence of where the money is going.

Good luck.

edit:

Appreciate it, really didnt have time to go back and proof read. I just wrote from the feelings and posted it!

I was there with her and once again, if you read my post, it was a lot of things going on before the media came up to her! She was just tired of everyone who was there that were always leaching off of Sean and now since he's gone they want to be in the spotlight with hidden agendas! The same people that were always in Sean's face just to fit in and always told him that if there was anything she needed are now GONE!

check your pms ill help you write a formal letter.

You really think Dan Synder cares about Seans family? Im not saying that to be rude, but I doubt Snyder cares about his own extended family, let alone someone elses family... the man is sueing the portion of his business's fanbase that can no longer afford the tickets he just raised the prices of. Blood from a stone, and that's the way he LOVES it.

I think Seans mom has a better chance of getting these bills paid by us the fans, then she ever does of even getting a contribution from D. Snyder.

Dude, get over your dislike for Snyder.

You ask any Redskin on the team right now what their opinion of Snyder is, and they'll tell you to shove it.

If you would've asked the late Sean Taylor for his opinion on Snyder, you would've heard good things.

He's done plenty for a lot of people that hasn't been a publicity stunt. Stop being jaded.

A sad story and I really don't think the negative responses were necessary. If you don't think it's legit and don't want to take part just leave it at that. Some of you are giving this guy a hard time and it's not called for IMO. The mods will figure out pretty quick whether it's a scam or not and do something about it. No need to harsh on this guy specially if the story turns out to be true.

Dude, get over your dislike for Snyder.

You ask any Redskin on the team right now what their opinion of Snyder is, and they'll tell you to shove it.

If you would've asked the late Sean Taylor for his opinion on Snyder, you would've heard good things.

He's done plenty for a lot of people that hasn't been a publicity stunt. Stop being jaded.

Yeah your right he did drop that lawsuit on that 72 year old lady. Nice guy.:logo:

Archived