Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins' will not bring on a 3rd QB

Toe Jam

The purpose of the 3rd string QB is to run the scout team. Whether that player is on the practice squad or the 53 man roster is completely irrelevant. If Chase clears waivers, and gets put on the practice squad the job is his. If he doesn't clear waivers, he's on somebody else's 53 man roster, and the 'Skins probably bring somebody in on the PS to run the scout team offense.

But whoever they bring in, they won't be on the 53 man roster.

Personally, I'm fine with this. I hope they bring Chase back on the PS, but really don't care that much.

I just hope it's not something stupid like 5 running backs. Heck, 4 backs seems ridiculous, too.

When's the last time the Skins' 3rd qb even saw the field?

thats five running back including Rock but he isn't really a running back since his ONLY value is special teams and running back kickoffs. He'll never see a carry this year. so its really FOUR running backs.

I guess that Randle-El isn't planning on being on the field too often so that he can be rested up if we need an emergency quarterback.

Remember when Daniels and Buzbee went down in the same practice and we had to scramble for :doh: Taylor? Yeah, that was bunches of fun.

We gave up a second-rounder for a **** starter; what would we give up for a starting quarterback? I don't like this lack of a third string.

I guess that Randle-El isn't planning on being on the field too often so that he can be rested up if we need an emergency quarterback.

Remember when Daniels and Buzbee went down in the same practice and we had to scramble for :doh: Taylor? Yeah, that was bunches of fun.

We gave up a second-rounder for a **** starter; what would we give up for a starting quarterback? I don't like this lack of a third string.

Don't remind me of this. I'm just SOOOOOO glad that Brett Favre is off the table cause I know we'd have attempted to trade our entire draft (to nobody) to pick up Favre.

This is such a smart idea. This is the best move I've seen the Skins make in a long time. 3rd QB is a waste of a roster spot, regardless of whether or not they're activated on gameday. We now can have more versatility with possibly an extra RB (I hope) and/or more depth in other positions. For as often as a 3rd QB is used (uh, never?) ARE is good enough to hand the ball off and make a pass a couple times.

I agree I like Dorsey I also like Alridge too.

Hopefully we can keep both Betts and Rock aren't getting any younger.

It would be nice to have these two in place for the future.

Dorsey didn't really impress me. His returns weren't anything special, his runs were decent, but not much more. Alridge actually showed me some potential.

The Giants are doing the same thing. Maybe it's an NFCE trend!

Giants rolling with two QBs

The New York Giants have released backup QBs Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar, meaning they'll likely carry just two quarterbacks on their Week 1 roster; $100+ million man Eli Manning and glove-wearing backup David Carr.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/05/giants-rolling-with-two-qbs/

Archived