Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins' will not bring on a 3rd QB

Toe Jam

Ahhh...a starter who is in his contract year, hasn't been given a ringing endorsement and a 39 year old career backup? It would be nice to have someone in development who could take the #2 and eventually the #1 spot.

Now that we have the "what" out of the way. WHO exactly are we supposed to be developing?

Ahhh...a starter who is in his contract year, hasn't been given a ringing endorsement and a 39 year old career backup? It would be nice to have someone in development who could take the #2 and eventually the #1 spot.

I don't think anyone we have is being bred for the #1 unless it's by accident. If JC doesn't work out we're drafting a QB. If Daniel is signed to the PS, he's going to be playing the 3rd string QB spot, they just run the scout defense.

Also, most of the "development" for QBs happens in the off-season. The only guys that get developed much during the season are the guys who might actually see the field, ie. Mitchell, Thomas, Kelly, Davis, whoever we keep at RB, the young LBs.

The 3rd string QB just doesn't do much more than the PS does, so I think we're covered. Like I said, Colt will be ready in a few months and he'll have plenty of time to develop into a #2, or Daniel or whoever takes it.

Archived