Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins' will not bring on a 3rd QB

Toe Jam

The Giants are doing the same thing. Maybe it's an NFCE trend!

Giants rolling with two QBs

The New York Giants have released backup QBs Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar, meaning they'll likely carry just two quarterbacks on their Week 1 roster; $100+ million man Eli Manning and glove-wearing backup David Carr.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/05/giants-rolling-with-two-qbs/

I bet Rhett doesn't give a damn.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Undrafted rookie quarterback Brian Hoyer is Tom Brady's only backup, at least for now.

The New England Patriots trimmed their quarterbacks to two on the depth chart by releasing Andrew Walter on Friday.

They'll probably pickup Joey Harrington (couldn't beat out Mark Brunell in NO) and make him a star! (laugh)

the WP says our 3rd is ARE

Sounds good to me. A 3rd string QB sees the field once in 20 years, and if something happens to Jason, we can sign a QB the week before Collins starts in his place.

ARE at least makes sense because he played the position in college. He also makes sense for wildcat purposes even though Zorn doesn't like to do that.

How many teams have won a Super Bowl when the 3rd QB has become more than the clipboard holder???

Here's the deal if we are DOWN to our 3rd QB, season's pretty much over anyways.

It makes inherently MORE sense to use that roster spot on a person who by contributing, does not indicate we are down to starting a man (at our MOST important position) that was a favorable decision away from stocking grocery shelves

Despite the positive spin y'all are putting on this, I can't help but think that we're taking a pretty big chance with a move like this.

How is this a big chance? Very rarely does the third QB enter the game for a playoff caliber team. But a guy like Mason or Aldridge can actually make an impact one way or the other for this team, be it special teams or spelling one of the running backs.

How many teams have won a Super Bowl when the 3rd QB has become more than the clipboard holder???

Here's the deal if we are DOWN to our 3rd QB, season's pretty much over anyways.

It makes inherently MORE sense to use that roster spot on a person who by contributing, does not indicate we are down to starting a man that was a favorable decision away from stocking grocery shelves

apparently stocking grocery shelves is good for your football career

kurt-warner1.jpg

Despite the positive spin y'all are putting on this, I can't help but think that we're taking a pretty big chance with a move like this.
I understand, yes. But other teams seem to be doing the same.

To make yourself feel better about it, just repeatedly ask yourself: When was the last time we saw the Redskins 3rd QB on the field?

Also remember that we kept Brennan as inactive for almost every game last year.

apparently stocking grocery shelves is good for your football career

kurt-warner1.jpg

Touche and a GOOD ONE!

The EXCEPTION proves the rule doesn't it

But I dont see anything CLOSE to Kurt Warner coming through Ashburn

sidenote: Warner was a 27 year old and Veteran of 2 professional leagues

But your point indeed does remain

How is this a big chance? Very rarely does the third QB enter the game for a playoff caliber team. But a guy like Mason or Aldridge can actually make an impact one way or the other for this team, be it special teams or spelling one of the running backs.

Not to mention that if we are stuck with a 3rd stringer looking to start the next week, we aren't going to sit pat anyway. NewCliche said we're going to trade for a worthy QB if our two go down, if we were left with Colt or Chase as the only healthy QBs on our roster I guarantee the FO would be trading draft picks to get another QB anyway, this decision has absolutely no weight on whether or not we'd trade for another QB if Collins and Campbell went down. None at all.

development for what might I ask?

That's what I'm wondering too. Colt will have surgery, be fine in 3 months, and be prepared to take over the #2 next year, or if JC doesn't work out, we're going to be drafting a QB next year anyway. If Chase makes the PS, he'll be the #3 in waiting, unless we find a better option.

What are we trying to develop?

Archived