Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tra Thomas-available rumor & speculation

aREDSKIN

Who would you fire? Snyder or Cerrato?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you fire? Snyder or Cerrato?

• Dan Snyder
    • Vinny Cerrato
    • Neither

Normally i'm on that tip, but the way Mike Williams is playing, I'm not opposed to picking him up.

Yep, the Redskins will probably have to go this route. Williams is insufficient. If you keep him and he has to play, we're going to be seeing a lot Yoder, too, in order to help him block. It's like they'll be this one very wide person.

In the interim, ANY proven vet. help would be more than welcome.

Outside of the front 5, O-line depth, or lack of, is a MAJOR concern going forward, particularly given the recent injury history of the starting group.

Hail.

I think the Skins are OK with depth at G/C. T, not so much.

I have read similar reports that Tony Pashos is on the block in Jacksonville as well. Either one would be a big upgrade on any backup we currently have.

In any case I think we have to be looking at the waiver wire to upgrade or depth at OT - if one of Samuels or Heyer go down it looks a bit bleak right now.

I think the Skins are OK with depth at G/C. T, not so much.

I'd agree with that. Between Montgomery, Bridges and Rhinehardt we should be alright in the middle. But there really is no one on the outside. Bridges' versatility with the tackle position is mitigated by the fact that he isn't that good on the outside. If either Heyer or Samuels goes down at this point we're in serious trouble. That's probably the biggest concern I have going into the season right now, because in all likelyhood one of them is going to get hurt this year.

Why?

Because you had trouble getting around one of them while trying to get your hands on a jar of Mayo in Be-Lo?

sierragulf nailed it. I think between Bridges, Rinehart, and Montgomery, you have guys that can come in and perform competently enough that the team won't suffer tremendously for it. It's a far different situation at T, where play in space is much more critical.

The three interior backups are pretty typical of NFL OL depth. The Redskins are, at worst, no worse off there than your typical team, and perhaps better off. Are there teams that you consider to be much better off with interior OL depth than the Redskins? If so, why?

Archived