Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason Telecasts - Thank God They're Over

Dan T.

Is it just me or have the telecasts of the Redskins preseason games been especially horrendous this year? On the very first play tonight, they missed a downfield pass by keeping the camera on the QB long after the pass was thrown. They got fooled by the lamest play fakes.

The cameras appear to be set up on the upper rim of the stadium, and the camera operators are afraid to use the zoom feature. As a result, the framing of the play is too wide.

The thing that drives me most crazy are the sideline interviews in the second half while the game is live. They turn my big screen TV into a 13 inch portable by showing the live action on a tiny inset, the interview on an even tinier inset, and some stupid smoky black background filling the rest of the screen. SHOW ME THE ****ING GAME, you idiots.

Thank god the preseason is over, because I came very close to throwing a beer bottle through my screen in frustration.

But were you getting the non HD ComCast feed on NBC HD? Every damn game was unwatchable. I had to catch the NFL Replay to see what was actually going on & not get a headache trying to watch the games.

That's the one I saw, or rather the one I pretty much gave up watching. It was terrible.

All the Ravens games have been fine though. A little homerism from the Panthers game, but they were hosting so that is to be expected... not so for the Falcons, but that's alright with me.

But were you getting the non HD ComCast feed on NBC HD? Every damn game was unwatchable. I had to catch the NFL Replay to see what was actually going on & not get a headache trying to watch the games.

No, I had the HD feed. So I could see VERY clearly the bad camera work, the missed plays, the annoying interviews during live action...

It's not just the Redskins though. If you watched the preseason games for other teams, the announcers, camerawork and production is just as bad. I don't know who handles these things and why they do such a poor job, but I guess the local folks just don't have the experience or training to properly broadcast a NFL game.

Comcast's coverage was awful. Theismann butchering peoples name and bad camera work just made it miserable.

Not only that but Theismann is the master of being able to spin anything the Redskins do positively. He should be a politician. That said, I'm a fan of Joey Sunshine.

Is it just me or have the telecasts of the Redskins preseason games been especially horrendous this year? On the very first play tonight, they missed a downfield pass by keeping the camera on the QB long after the pass was thrown. They got fooled by the lamest play fakes.

The cameras appear to be set up on the upper rim of the stadium, and the camera operators are afraid to use the zoom feature. As a result, the framing of the play is too wide.

The thing that drives me most crazy are the sideline interviews in the second half while the game is live. They turn my big screen TV into a 13 inch portable by showing the live action on a tiny inset, the interview on an even tinier inset, and some stupid smoky black background filling the rest of the screen. SHOW ME THE ****ING GAME, you idiots.

Thank god the preseason is over, because I came very close to throwing a beer bottle through my screen in frustration.

Yeah, i was ready to throw my remote at the TV, it irritated me so bad. I didn't even get to see the Aldridge fumble live.. All I heard were the fans cheering and players running around on 45 yard line. :chair:

Archived