Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason Telecasts - Thank God They're Over

Dan T.

Joey T. was the worse part, never got use to him at all.

I don't think he'd be that bad if he didn't complement the Redskins on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Marcus Mason gains 1 yard, "Great footwork!" Byron Westbrook has awful coverage and the Jags gain 20 yards "Great open field tackle!" Fumble, "It's just preseason!"

yeah and Reed Doorty is really fighting for starting safety job.

Btw, Doherty was a beast out there last night.

It would appear that they don't have replay angles that they would normally have during a regular season game. That fumble by aldridge looked like a fumble, but it would have been nice to see the other side of the play to see if his elbow went down or something. I didn't have a problem with Theismann, Patrick or Albert doing the play by play. I think that Theismann is a total Redskins homer and that is good. It does help to have national experience.

My brother in law is a steelers fan and he says that the local broadcast of the Steelers was god awful and actually applauded the fact that the redskins had better play by play because they had real broadcast experience.

The broadcasts were terrible. I didn't find the announcers to be that annoying. Not as bad as Al Michaels before the Bears-Broncos preseason game: "Shakespeare never wrote a play about preseason football. But if he had, it would have been about this game tonight."

lol that's hysterical

You should be thankful you don't need to listen to Herm Edwards. He does it for the Eagles Television Network. When the Skins weren't playing, I watched the Eagles game with my dad, who is sadly a fan, and every play, Herm would scream TOUCHDOWN when he felt like it.

It got to the point I would crack up at his idiocy. Against Jacksonville, McNabb threw the ball down the middle and you could tell the receiver was going to catch the ball at the 20 yard line. He had a safety in front of him, and before he catches the ball, Herm said touchdown like what the hell. He did it two other times in this game.

Even last night, he did it two more times. On the interception, once the CB gained control, he said touchdown with the WR all over him. Then, when Vick went to throw a deep ball, which was intercepted, he yelled touchdown.

I'm thankful he's not an announcer for the Skins.

Archived