Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take for you to stop being a Redskins Fan?

bishtw

I, like most of you, am a huge Redskins fan, some might even say an Extreme fan:silly:, and cant imagine ever not rooting for our Burgundy & Gold.

When rumors were that we might sign Vick more than a few members said they would sell their tickets and refuse to support the team until he left the team.

Now we have "ticket-gate" and hearing awful stories of the Skins suing fans who have lost their jobs and could no longer afford the tickets they agreed to buy.

When I was reading the Post story of the older lady with the last name Hill, I thought to myself, "what is that was my grandmother". Could I continue to support this team?

So I ask you, how far is far enough? What would it take for you to stop supporting our beloved Redskins if anything?

I don't think so. I'll always be a fan. The organization would have to do something very horrific to its fans. Say allowing the fans to be killed by a tragedy that could've been prevented but the organization was too cheap to prevent it. Ie Fed Ex collasps and kills all the fans attending a game, that's what I mean by horrific to the fans.

When I was reading the Post story of the older lady with the last name Hill, I thought to myself, "what is that was my grandmother". Could I continue to support this team?

I think they are getting pretty close with a lot of fans. Maybe they forget that every one of these people they sue have friends, might post on the net, or run into Washington Post reporters.

It's pretty sad that the lawyers hired by Snyder take it to this extreme while still making a profit by selling the tickets a second time to the customers who actually get to go to the games they are going to court over.

I wonder how many people would buy those repossessed tickets knowing that someone else was still being forced to pay for them, some for years of games that they will never get to see?

"Death" is going to be the most popular answer here, but I think there's something else that needs to be added. The proper response, I think, should read:

"Death, and the lack of an afterlife of any sort." Because don't tell me God's not a Redskins fan. We've got Gibbs and the Hand of God game and Darrell Green. The Immaculate Reception, Holy Roller, and Hail Mary are nothing but blasphemies perpetrated by false prophets and their idols. Chief Zee will sit beside the apostles between Billy Graham and the Pope at the grand feast. And on Sundays, we'll shed our clothing of light and don Hogette attire.

Eternity's gonna be great.

preventive strike :)

just a friendly reminder that any and all religious based discussions belong in tailgate.

thank you

LOL, when you said strike, I thought immediately that you were talking about an NFL strike. Then I thought "SB Baby! We always win in a strike year!"

Oh well

Hail

We all at one point or another utter the response "I have had it with this team" especially after a horrible loss, just to find ourselves back in front of the TV watching them.

To answer your question though I guess it would take all four of my TV's going out.

We all at one point or another utter the response "I have had it with this team" especially after a horrible loss, just to find ourselves back in front of the TV watching them.

To answer your question though I guess it would take all four of my TV's going out.

Yes! I will turn a game "off" only to turn it right back on two minutes latter!

The team moving and relocating to pretty much anywhere (even Los Angeles, which I'm about an hour away from lol).

I'd never consider the idea of not being a fan anymore due to all these immature, ridiculous reasons I see others giving ("If they sign so-and-so, I'm no longer a fan!!")...Add that whole ticket contract suing thing to that list as well.

I aready dont give them a cent of my money. I made an exception when ST passed and bought a few of them towels and a magnet. Its my own little way of supporting the team but not the ownership.

I will always love the Redskins, watch every game and let wins and losses decide how the following week will be, I didnt become a Redskins fan I was born a Redskins fan.

If they ever take away the REDSKINS name away I probably would not watch football in general.

That might do it for me too... The one that I fear most would be signing a rivals QB. Brunnell almost did it for me his self!

I couldnt imagine being a Viking fan right now....

Archived