Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take for you to stop being a Redskins Fan?

bishtw

I don't think I'd ever really stop being a fan unless Jerry Jones became the owner or something.

I would choose my family, job and car over being a skins fan, though, as those things are just flat out more cool than the Skins are.

If the team continues to field a squad that is nothing to be proud of my interest will wane to the point of non-existence. :whoknows:

I love the Skins.

I see the name as being horribly racist and ignorant, analogous to a sports team being named the Jersey Jews, North Carolina ******s, Suffolk Spics or Westport Wetbacks. At the same time the Redskins are my guilty pleasure.

I will never stop bleeding burgundy and gold.

Moreover I think this thread is weak. If you are no longer part of the brethren I thank you for being a skin.

Now move on, no need for this thread.

I love the Skins.

I see the name as being horribly racist and ignorant, analogous to a sports team being named the Jersey Jews, North Carolina ******s, Suffolk Spics or Westport Wetbacks. At the same time the Redskins are my guilty pleasure.

Moreover I think this thread is weak. If you are no longer part of the brethren I thank you for being a skin.

Now move on, no need for this thread.

Nobody asked you what you thought of this thread in the same way I never said that I am " no longer part of the brethren" as you put it.

I bet bleeding Burgundy & Gold would be a hellva a lot more painful if it was you who had lost your job, sued for a quarter million dollars and forced into bankrupcy. Or maybe if it was you who had your contract alter after the fact and cost you tens of thousands of dollars.

To say there is absolutly nothing that this team could do to push some fans away is silly at best.

Lastly if there "no need for this thread" then there is no need for you to post in it. With over 150 other post before yours, obvisous some people had some thoughts to share.

I love the Skins.

I guess you don't even know what redskin means? you deduce yourself what it means, which I assume your refering to the "red" and the "skin" and thinking it is a derogatory name.

WRONG.

According to the Smithsonian Institute, the term "redskin" refers to one who puts red clay or red paint on their face for war and ceremonial purposes. A badge of honor so to speak.

Ignorance isn't always bliss.

Archived