Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cuts Per Blog Twitter/Redskins.com(Merged & Merged &.....)

kevincollateral

which is half the reason the FO should have more influence on the cuts (a reason against that is Tryon staying on the roster) but if i'm Zorn and this is my tryout year, even though Betts is 30 and Mason is a younger runner for the FUTURE of the team, I'm probably keeping Betts to save my job.

Except that the coaching staff LIKES Tryon. It is only the fans that think that he's worthless.

I don't know what is going to happen with the RB position, and I'm not sure Zorn knows either. Personally, I think 4 make the roster. I think Rock stays, with the other two split between Betts/Mason and Dorsey/Alridge. Personally, I think Dorsey makes the team and Alridge goes on the PS.

An additional 800K, according to PCInOz.

Which wouldn't affect us this year since we have the cap room. It might save us cap space next year, which we will definitely need if there is a CBA.

I disagree that Mitchell definitely makes it because Hagans was cut. Hagans has looked terrible this preseason. Hackett seems like the obvious choice to be Mitchell's main competition.

That being said, I still think Mitchell has already made the team based on his preseason production and success in training camp.

Marko and the two linebackers will make it simply because they were drafted.

I don't think that is necessarily true. They were all late round picks and hardly cost anything, as football goes. The Skins have definitely let late rounders go before. These guys have to prove that they really belong on the team. This is especially true for Mitchell since there are alreay 4 guys who aren't going anywhere. IMO he has definitely earned the #5 spot.

Interesting... I actually had both Fincher and Clark in my final 53. I wasnt that attached to them, it was more by default than anything. Still, that's gotta be a good sign for guys like Edwin Williams, Mike William, Cody Glenn, and Robert Henson.

I have thought all along that Edwin Williams would make the team. I really hope he does...

Goodbye Marques Hagans. You were super classy to the fans at Training Camp, and I know those kids won't forget the time you spent signing autographs in the heat. Hope you catch on somewhere else.

+1

he signed my son's cap at Training Camp

2009-07-30_3212.jpg

2009-07-30_3213.jpg

2009-07-30_3214.jpg

2009-07-30_3654.jpg

2009-07-30_3655.jpg

2009-07-31_4541.jpg

2009-07-31_4552.jpg

2009-07-30_2962.jpg

Redskins release five, including Clark, Fincher

Posted Aug. 30, 2009 @ 2:53 p.m.

By PFW staff

The Redskins announced the release of five players on Sunday, mostly notably OL Devin Clark and MLB Alfred Fincher.

Both players were vying for backup spots at their positions. The team now sits at 75 men on the roster.

Also cut were WR Marques Hagans, S Michael Grant and DL Michael Marquardt.

All of the Redskins’ draft picks and undrafted rookies remain on the roster.

Following this Thursday’s preseason finale at Jacksonville, the Redskins must reduce their roster to the NFL-mandated 53 by Sept. 5.

Fincher played primarily on special teams in 15 games last season but was deemed expendable with the drafting of LBs Cody Glenn and Robert Henson. Undrafted rookie Darrel Young also has impressed.

Clark played in two games last season for the Redskins after spending most of the year on the practice squad.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/08/30/redskins-release-five-including-clark-fincher

Only mild surprise here is Fincher. Hagans was a favorite of Portis, but no way he's better than Mitchell at this point. Devin Clark is one of our many uninspiring backup O-linemen, Michael Grant was pretty piss poor, and I don't even know who Marquardt is, much less was I even aware he was on the team.

Fincher does surprise me...I had heard that Robert Henson was doing pretty well but had heard nothing about Cody Glenn.

Interesting... I actually had both Fincher and Clark in my final 53. I wasnt that attached to them, it was more by default than anything. Still, that's gotta be a good sign for guys like Edwin Williams, Mike William, Cody Glenn, and Robert Henson.

Nah, Fincher has been out of Position on D since Baltimore. It was painful to watch

Hail

After Orakpo, Fletcher, and Mcintosh, it doesn't make much difference which linebackers they cut. And maybe HB Blades has shown some value, I guess. But that whole group of Fincher, Henson, Thomas, etc is underwhelming at best. Take your pick. They'd better be great special teamers.

HB Blades has underwhelmed you? Sheesh, I'd hate to be a player on a team your coaching. :cool:

Archived