Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cuts Per Blog Twitter/Redskins.com(Merged & Merged &.....)

kevincollateral

Hahahah I told my friend sitting nearby that the Skins cuts were announced...and on RI, it says Haynesworth wasn't at practice...nonchalantly, I told him both without mentioning the cuts and he got all scared that we let Haynesworth go in a (his words) "classic Snyder move"

Fincher was a mild surprise due to his contributions on special teams, but he really wasn't looking good on defense this year in comparison to last year.

I think Hagans missed his chance when he didn't produce in the first preseason game.

Grant had a couple plays that stood out, but I didn't think he was going to make the roster.

Hahahah I told my friend sitting nearby that the Skins cuts were announced...and on RI, it says Haynesworth wasn't at practice...nonchalantly, I told him both without mentioning the cuts and he got all scared that we let Haynesworth go in a (his words) "classic Snyder move"

lol @ anyone who would think we might cut Haynesworth. :hysterical:

Uh, huh. On what planet?

Actually, the early cuts are for those vets who the team is giving extra time for them to find a new team.

I actually think Eloi will be on our practice squad.

Correct. I think this could be bad for Mason. If we were cutting Rock, we'd have given him the extra week to find a new team. To me, this makes it likely that rock stays and Mason is gone again.

I figured Shelton and Eloi would be gone before Hagans

I think they tried to cut guys who may have a chance to make another roster. Obviously Hagans and Fincher aren't the worst WR and LB on the team, but they weren't going to make it. And at that point, the team is doing them a favor by letting them go now while they might have a shot to get a look from another team that has more need.

After Orakpo, Fletcher, and Mcintosh, it doesn't make much difference which linebackers they cut. And maybe HB Blades has shown some value, I guess. But that whole group of Fincher, Henson, Thomas, etc is underwhelming at best. Take your pick. They'd better be great special teamers.

Correct. I think this could be bad for Mason. If we were cutting Rock, we'd have given him the extra week to find a new team. To me, this makes it likely that rock stays and Mason is gone again.

I don't think you can make that call. Rock hasn't lost his job and no one has taken away his job as of yet. Anyways, it isn't Mason who is going to take his job, but Dorsey or Alridge. There is a chance that Mason could take Betts' job.

in a perfect world Mason backs up CP and Rock stays as the #3.

i'm sure we could get 'something' for betts if we tried. i mean really, cincinnati wants to go into the season with benson and st louis is in love with all of SJax's backups?

which is half the reason the FO should have more influence on the cuts (a reason against that is Tryon staying on the roster) but if i'm Zorn and this is my tryout year, even though Betts is 30 and Mason is a younger runner for the FUTURE of the team, I'm probably keeping Betts to save my job.

Archived