Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crime against Humanity if Mitchell doesnt make this team

BleedinBurgNGold

Mitchell has earned a roster spot. I'd be afraid to cut him because he might end up burning the Redskins year after year playing for the :puke:cowboys or the :puke:giants.

The Giants would pick him up immediately and it would be scary. Eli tossing bombs over Mitchells shoulder with a decent offensive line giving Manning a few seconds??? Game Over.

He needs an active roster spot.

Our receiving core is starting to take shape. We actually could have a pretty deep receiving core, with Moss, Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell and ARE not in that order.

I think Mitchell is better than a #5 receiver. He will probably be playing a lot down on the goal line, giving us two receivers that are 6'4. Amazing how height on the receiving core can change the landscape of the team.

Our receiving core is starting to take shape. We actually could have a pretty deep receiving core, with Moss, Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell and ARE not in that order.

I think Mitchell is better than a #5 receiver. He will probably be playing a lot down on the goal line, giving us two receivers that are 6'4. Amazing how height on the receiving core can change the landscape of the team.

Moss, Kelly, ARE, Mitchell, Thomas is how I would do it. Really though, Mitchell may be looking to take Kelly's spot. The WR position just became a very very interesting story for the next couple of years. We are good on drafting recievers for a while. I think highly of Eloi who should land on PS this season and possibly become a clone of Santana in a couple seasons.

Our next couple drafts need to be O-linemen, LB's and more Olinemen.

Lanky Livingston is a lock to make the team... but if he keeps progressing i see Marco taking over the #2 spot later in the season. Props to Vinny for finding another 7th round steal.

Taking over the #2 spot sounds a little ambitious, but he has run one elite receiver-style route in each of the last to games, and shows a good combination of size and speed. The kid has buckets of upside and I think it's possible he could eventually become the best receiver of the young trio we have, especially if Kelly doesn't step up like the coaches expect him to early this season.

You heard it here second, Marko is going to be our number two WR. I dont know how or why he looked better than Thomas or Kelly, but he just does. Lets get him in the first team and see how he does with the big dogs.

I dont think our offense can handle ARE as a two yet another year. Kelly (ugly in the fade and average otherwise) and Thomas are obviously not stealing the job outright. I figured Zorns goal last night was to find his two. I think he did. But does he?

Marko.

Is it just me or is Vinny a beast in the later rounds of the draft. Especially in the 7th. For all of his deserved criticism you gotta give the man his due for his ability to go deep in the draft.

For what it's worth, it does seem like he's learning. It only took almost twenty years in the front office, but surely, with the pickups of Haynesworth, Orakpo, and Jarmon, he is learning the necessity of a pass rush. I guess it's better late than never. I question the rest of his picks between the 3rd and 7th round for this year... Hopefully one of them will make me eat crow.

Mitchell is a rookie. He will make the roster for two reasons.

1. His play in preseason.

2. The team can't afford to put him on the practice squad.

As far as playing, he will not see the field this year unless injuries take out those in front of him. His is a rookie WR. Guy needs a year to get ready to play. Hackett can step on the field right now and play.

I hope Eloi makes the practice squad.

Very Happy with our play Tonight. But, why wasnt Marko out there running with the 1's? Marko has been smokin our 1's in Practice all Training camp long. He looked great tonight with another TD. Zorn said earlier today that Marko still isn't quite there yet and thats why he isnt runnin with the 1's in Pre season. WHAT!!?? The hell more does this guy have to do!!??

Not a negative post, everyone did a great job tonight. Just dont get why we cant see what Marko can do with starters.

Hail

There is no way he's not on this team at this point. Probably have the rest of the league rushing to sign him if we did something that dumb. Seems like a very solid prospect and I'm liking the yound depth at WR (fingers cross they still need to produce).

You heard it here second, Marko is going to be our number two WR. I dont know how or why he looked better than Thomas or Kelly, but he just does. Lets get him in the first team and see how he does with the big dogs.

I dont think our offense can handle ARE as a two yet another year. Kelly (ugly in the fade and average otherwise) and Thomas are obviously not stealing the job outright. I figured Zorns goal last night was to find his two. I think he did. But does he?

Marko.

I think calling Kelly's play average is a bit uninformed. He's made some solid grabs in the preseason on 1st and 2nd teams and really set himself ahead of Thomas. I hate the one play critics......he was obviously caught out of position on the jump ball but players do get flat footed from time to time, that doesn't mean they suck. I could see Mitchell pushing for the 4 spot and maybe gettin on the field for redzone plays for another tall body, otherwise I don't think we will see a lot of him this season.

The other good thing about Marko is that he is humble and knows his place. So when he told me that he will work harder than he have ever done in his life I was hoping for the best. I told him to give us(Redskins Fan) your best and we will appreciate it and show you love for it. He has a good head on his shoulders....playing at Nevada has really humbled him.

Mitchell is a rookie. He will make the roster for two reasons.

1. His play in preseason.

2. The team can't afford to put him on the practice squad.

As far as playing, he will not see the field this year unless injuries take out those in front of him. His is a rookie WR. Guy needs a year to get ready to play. Hackett can step on the field right now and play.

I hope Eloi makes the practice squad.

Dude, don't let that "he's a rookie, not ready" take over your mind like that. That's baloney. Marko is the real deal. He will eventually work his way to being the best PLAYMAKER on our O.

I have been high on Marko since the beginning of OTA's. When everyone else around here (it seemed) was fawning over Dorsey's speed and Eloi jumping out of a pool on YouTube, Mitchell was catching every ball that came his way. Leaping and speed are only assets after you catch the ball.

Archived