Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crime against Humanity if Mitchell doesnt make this team

BleedinBurgNGold

I think Marko is pretty much a lock now. I mean, who else is he competing with at this point? DJ Hackett seemed to be the main competition, but he hasn't shown much for a guy who's supposedly so familiar with the system. Hackett has 3 catches for 43 yards and Marko has 5 for 61 plus two touchdowns in consecutive weeks. Hackett looks like like a #5, while Marko looks like a guy who can easily move up the depth chart and make good competition. And who are the other receivers? Hagans? Shelton? Meh. Eloi looked ok, but hasn' distinguished himself much either. It's been all Marko.

Eloi will make the PS and i think thats good. He will be the eventual replacement for Moss I think.

MM was a brilliant draft pick. I think he has smoked Hackett in terms of production, effort and skill. I think MM is gaining ground on DT in all honesty.

How big is he? And speed? Sorry, live on the westcoast and havent seen anything from him yet!!

6'4 and ran a 4.31 at the combine. Look him up on YouTube. Has great hands and coming into training camp the issue was can he learn route running in the NFL and it looks like he's answering that question with every game he plays.

All of a sudden, it seems like we might have a solid receiving corps...[/quote

i think i just n****d on myself.

and this isn't just because of last nights game. i've been giddy like a highschool girl since training camp. big strong receivers. xmas came early this year. obviously mitchell should make the team. even if he's "not quite ready" we still have 4 other receivers in front of him. i say keep him and he'll continue to develop.

kelly has always been top on my list but i like the way thomas played last night. and i'd love to see him return kickoffs. specially if he's the number 4 receiver. theres so many good things happening with the skins right now. maybe it's just in my head (( like every other season )) but whatever. i'm feeling good.

unfortunately this is what i see happening. i'm a HUGE campbell fan. but i feel no matter how good he plays this season, skins are gonna let him go and make a huge push for bradford. obviously i feel that would be a mistake because you can see the team coming together as a whole. even in loses.

6'4 and ran a 4.31 at the combine. Look him up on YouTube. Has great hands and coming into training camp the issue was can he learn route running in the NFL and it looks like he's answering that question with every game he plays.

I think Mitchell is gonna be a great find, but lets not get to carried away with the numbers. Says here he ran a 4.49 at the combine. Maclin ran a 4.48 for comparison.

Link to Combine Stats

Skins WRs are set ... move on.

But it is a pretty exciting development that warrants discussion. The FO appears to have gotten it right, maybe this Scott Campbell guy really knows his talent. Horton and now Mitchell were late round steals. We are starting to get contributors from late in the draft, that is not only economical, it builds great depth.

NEXT up, OL.

I think Mitchell is gonna be a great find, but lets not get to carried away with the numbers. Says here he ran a 4.49 at the combine. Maclin ran a 4.48 for comparison.

Link to Combine Stats

Same speed, and 4 inches taller. Sounds good to me.

Really? That would be sweet, but just have not seen that yet.

No, not at all, but Mickalino knows what I'm talking about. ;)

Link to Combine Stats

4.49 isn't that bad. It's not like Kelly is a burner. Larry Fitz isn't that fast either. Great hands and a big target make up for that. Plus, Marko has shown good game speed. Last night he did a double move and created a two or three yard cushion between him and the corner, and the corner couldn't catch up to him at all. You only need to be fast enough to outrun defenders, and Marko is.

Also, you guys know Jasion Williams was released, right?

4.49 isn't that bad. It's not like Kelly is a burner. Larry Fitz isn't that fast either. Great hands and a big target make up for that. Plus, Marko has shown good game speed. Last night he did a double move and created a two or three yard cushion between him and the corner, and the corner couldn't catch up to him at all. You only need to be fast enough to outrun defenders, and Marko is.

Also, you guys know Jasion Williams was released, right?

I agree, I'm in Mitchell's corner. He would never have been a 7th rounder with a 4.31 40 though.

I agree, I'm in Mitchell's corner. He would never have been a 7th rounder with a 4.31 40 though.

My bad wrong 40 time. But with a 4.4 on the board he was a 7th rounder. Crazy. This happens because execs sometimes forget to watch the tape and see if the guy can play football. Marko is a FOOTBALL player. And that is something you really need first. Fitzgerald is a football player. Heinz Ward is a football player, Clinton Portis is a football player. That's what you need more so than the fancy eval stats. They help but I know if I evaluated talent that's what I would go for.

With the three young WRs (Kelly, Thomas, and Mitchell) to compliment Moss we have the making of a potent passing attack. If our OL can provide the pass protection to allow going long we should be able to stretch the field and that will benefit the running game also.

In short, I think we have the play-makers at the skilled positions and if our OL can provide protection we should be much improved offensively over last season.

Archived