Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crime against Humanity if Mitchell doesnt make this team

BleedinBurgNGold

Forget the #5 spot...he's been our second best receiver in preseason. He's a lock.

Not so fast. He's missed a couple of opportunities on special teams, which pretty much dictates a rookies retainment at the FIFTH WR spot. I think he'll get it, but still needs to improve on ST.

Each of our WRs have a little something to get me excited...

Marko has outproduced, and he has the lanky frame & speed. I was worried about how slender he is, but he hasn't backed down from a fight yet.

Kelly has badass hands that just snatches the ball out of the air. I can see why the wanted him out on the field last year, instead of shutting him down when the leg troubles wouldn't go away.

Devin has "athletic arrogance" (to use Bugel's phrase). Did anyone see him juke that LB silly on that crossing route tonight? Just a twitch before cutting up the middle, and the man was frozen. If he could just return kicks...

ARE is the slash reciever. If we ever use a wildcat play, he's goitta be the guy.

They all have a niche in the offense...they all just have to keep honing their craft, and wait for their chance.

Hope they get a lot of them this year.

He has seemed to have outplayed both of them. However, Mitchell hasn't played a snap on the first team yet, so you could make that argument. I'm still convinced that Mitchell is a beast though.

He blocked downfield on that long Cooley play. That's at least one.

Well then if you know more than Zorn you should tell Dan to hire you. Just show him your resume, you'll be golden.

Right off the bat this thread is ruined by this post...

however - MM should be carved in stone one of the 53. Guy has hands, teammates recommendations (Straight from CP26) and now game tape to prove it.

I think an outside factor is Portis buddy buddy with Snyder will help MM lock a spot.

who would they keep?

Moss

Kelly

El

Thomas

MM

(in order IMHO)

how would any non NFL HC dare to question the infallible Zorn?? WITCHES...BURN THEM!!!

/Horton>Doughboy?

//wasnt immediate last year

///Hortons GOOOOOOOD

Look, you don't understand. NFL coaches and execs can't make mistakes. It's a law of physics. For example, when Atlanta traded away Brett Favre, they weren't making a mistake about a backup quarterback. They had been forced into the move by several cheeseheads holding their GM at gunpoint. These things happen all the time. Every single bad personnel move ever made can be attributed to some sort of blackmail or hostage situation. To suggest that a certain organization might actually be wrong in its evaluation of a certain player is just crazy talk.

Very Happy with our play Tonight. But, why wasnt Marko out there running with the 1's? Marko has been smokin our 1's in Practice all Training camp long. He looked great tonight with another TD. Zorn said earlier today that Marko still isn't quite there yet and thats why he isnt runnin with the 1's in Pre season. WHAT!!?? The hell more does this guy have to do!!??

Not a negative post, everyone did a great job tonight. Just dont get why we cant see what Marko can do with starters.

Hail

Ummm Mitchell was blocking for Cooley down field on the 73 yard pass play... He was playing with the 1st stringers.

Each of our WRs have a little something to get me excited...

Marko has outproduced, and he has the lanky frame & speed. I was worried about how slender he is, but he hasn't backed down from a fight yet.

Kelly has badass hands that just snatches the ball out of the air. I can see why the wanted him out on the field last year, instead of shutting him down when the leg troubles wouldn't go away.

Devin has "athletic arrogance" (to use Bugel's phrase). Did anyone see him juke that LB silly on that crossing route tonight? Just a twitch before cutting up the middle, and the man was frozen. If he could just return kicks...

ARE is the slash reciever. If we ever use a wildcat play, he's goitta be the guy.

Great point. I wouldn't worry about Marko being lanky/slender just look at Randy Moss' frame. NOT THAT I'm making ANY comparison, God knows I'm not THAT extreme. But I do like me some Lanky Livingston!!

Also, great call on the D Thomas juke. LB's built up poop just hit his pants while DT wizzed by him. It was that good a move.

I'm happy to say I think he'll be our fourth receiver, which means great things for our receivers.

Fear not, Marko definitely makes the 53 man roster. If the OL can keep up their pass protection, there should be plenty of balls to go around as well. I'd be happy with 20 catches for Marko this year. I love our current stable of WR's. The only thing we are missing is one dominant go to receiver. We have size, speed, youth, and experience. I really think there isn't that much dropoff between 1-5, which gives us a lot of flexibility.

Not so fast. He's missed a couple of opportunities on special teams, which pretty much dictates a rookies retainment at the FIFTH WR spot. I think he'll get it, but still needs to improve on ST.

He'll be the #5, but this post is spot on. I think he missed a crucial free shot on the last punt return.

Still, overall he looks pretty damn good

Archived