Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crime against Humanity if Mitchell doesnt make this team

BleedinBurgNGold

I think Marko is pretty much a lock now. I mean, who else is he competing with at this point? DJ Hackett seemed to be the main competition, but he hasn't shown much for a guy who's supposedly so familiar with the system. Hackett has 3 catches for 43 yards and Marko has 5 for 61 plus two touchdowns in consecutive weeks. Hackett looks like like a #5, while Marko looks like a guy who can easily move up the depth chart and make good competition. And who are the other receivers? Hagans? Shelton? Meh. Eloi looked ok, but hasn' distinguished himself much either. It's been all Marko.

Very Happy with our play Tonight. But, why wasnt Marko out there running with the 1's? Marko has been smokin our 1's in Practice all Training camp long. He looked great tonight with another TD. Zorn said earlier today that Marko still isn't quite there yet and thats why he isnt runnin with the 1's in Pre season. WHAT!!?? The hell more does this guy have to do!!??

Not a negative post, everyone did a great job tonight. Just dont get why we cant see what Marko can do with starters.

Hail

Marko has made the roster as the 5th receiver. He doesn't run with the 1's because we have to get Devin and Kelly time there so he's the odd man out. Plus he's learning. But in truth...he is the second best receiver on our team. Why do I say this? Not because he beats our corners in practice (that is really not all that impressive...just ask Randy Moss), but because of his ability to run his routes precisely and use his body to shield the defender. That is something Devin and Malcolm still need to learn to do. He is way ahead of them on that. Marko also adjust very well to the ball no matter how it is thrown at him. He knows his size, he has the speed,and he has the intelligence to get it done. MARK THIS POST. He is the second best reciever on the team and by the end of the year he will prove it.

I was just commenting, in another thread, about how Marko would definitely have caught that pass, missed by Kelly, just before halftime. It wouldve been a thing of beauty :)

Our coaches got to see Randy Moss vs DHall. The height advantage was obvious and I'm sure they'll be using Marko in that role sometime during the season.

Dude is money!

Dude, kelley was held twice on that play. Not once, but twice. Kinda hard to make a catch when the guy defending you has tackled you before the ball gets near you. It is pretty remarkable that the first hold didnt knock him off route.

Dude, kelley was held twice on that play. Not once, but twice. Kinda hard to make a catch when the guy defending you has tackled you before the ball gets near you. It is pretty remarkable that the first hold didnt knock him off route.

I think he means the endzone fade where Kelly didn't square his shoulders and turn for the ball.....

Was that the one that hit him in the face? If so, he should have made that catch. Wasnt there a penalty on that play as well?

I'm not sure it hit him in the face, I want to say shoulder....it was definitely an ugly attempt. Marko would've caught it ;)

There was a penalty on almost every play so I'm not sure; I don't think so.

Archived