Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

dude, last two games was about evaluating players who AREN'T guaranteed a roster spot. we saw more of collins, brennan, and daniels in game 2 b/c the backup qb spot was supposed to be a competition this preseason. game 3 is when we typically put the real starters in for longer so that they can have some time before the regular season to develop chemistry over a longer period of time, since this is when the final roster will become more clear. skins are showing progress in all facets of the game. zorn isn't an ES member, so i seriously doubt he's panicking after 2 preseason games...

post game Zorn says that Campbell is going to play THREE quarters next Friday against the Patriots.

Does this mean something? Zorn hasn't even let Campbell throw 15 passes in two games and now after underperforming he is going to practically play the whole game. Is this the sign that something is going on? Is there a CHINK in the Campbell armor?

I was just wondering what everybody thinks about this annoucement.

Umm......it means it's the 3rd pre-season game of the year, and most starting QB's get nearly one full game at that point.

This is hardly breaking news.

well its great that we're playing Bellicheck, the best defensive coach in Football.

I am happy that Campbell is not catching a break and looking good against teams like Cleveland, Detroit, or Kansas City. If anything, since Zorn is in love with Campbell, at least Campbell will have faced 3 of the top 5 defenses in the NFL here in preseason.

It doesn't get much harder than Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England bam bam bam.

well its great that we're playing Bellicheck, the best defensive coach in Football.

I am happy that Campbell is not catching a break and looking good against teams like Cleveland, Detroit, or Kansas City. If anything, since Zorn is in love with Campbell, at least Campbell will have faced 3 of the top 5 defenses in the NFL here in preseason.

It doesn't get much harder than Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England bam bam bam.

right on, man. our starting offense had a 10+ play, 7 minute scoring drive against the number 1, superbowl champion defense tonight. JC converted a clutch third down to cooley. there were some incompletions, some the fault of the receiver, some JC wasn't on the money, but all in all a pretty decent outing by the 1st teamers against arbuably the best defensive squad in football (other than our own!!!)

post game Zorn says that Campbell is going to play THREE quarters next Friday against the Patriots.

Starters typically play into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd pre season game.

this mean something?

Zorn hasn't even let Campbell throw 15 passes in two games and now after underperforming he is going to practically play the whole game. Is this the sign that something is going on?

Yeah it means something. See above.

Is there a CHINK in the Campbell armor?

No need to get all racist. JC isn't even Chinese.

I was just wondering what everybody thinks about this annoucement.

I think it either shows you haven't been following football long, or you just like attention.

Who's going to coach the coach on time management and timeout usage? Seriously, he called a timeout in the 1st quarter and decided on a 20-something yard field goal. I'm also fairly sure he used 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter. He burns through them like they're beer.

Who's going to coach the coach on time management and timeout usage? Seriously, he called a timeout in the 1st quarter and decided on a 20-something yard field goal. I'm also fairly sure he used 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter. He burns through them like they're beer.

To be fair to Zorn, it was Chase who used those 2 timeouts. He seemed a bit lost.

To be fair to Zorn, it was Chase who used those 2 timeouts. He seemed a bit lost.

Ah, didn't notice that. I missed a lot of the 3rd quarter.

I still stand by that one in the first quarter. He was doing that kind of thing all throughout last season.

I have already seen what The Stadium looks like after a Redskins loss.....

I'm kinda scared to see what it will look like when Colt Brennan gets cut.

I think you'll hear a gigantic sucking sound as we lose a quarter of our posters. :P

Edited by Hunter_R

Ah, didn't notice that. I missed a lot of the 3rd quarter.

I still stand by that one in the first quarter. He was doing that kind of thing all throughout last season.

Yeah, that one in the 1st quarter was on him, and I was yelling at my TV when we didn't go for it after that. I was ticked he called a TO to kick a FG

Random Thought 1: I like Cheerleaders dancing in the rain. Almost worth sitting through a pre-season game in the rain for.

Random Thought 2: AH is a big dude.

Random Thought 3: CD is not a big dude.

Random Thought 4: It was good to beat the Steelers so that the tons of Steelers fans couldn't gloat. Though, the 'count the rings' comments were still a bit annoying.

Random Thought 5: Nobody should gloat after any preseason game.

My thoughts on last night:

First team offense could use some help. They're not gelling. I think that is a reflection on Jason Campbell, to be honest. His leadership has been questioned in the past and I have yet to see him prove the doubters wrong in that area.

Our defense is going to be lights out. I really like how they played last night. I also like the fact Blache said after the game that there are still things they need to work on. I get the feeling they will only improve as the season goes on.

Chase Daniel had a great showing. Nice to see a rookie step up even if it is only preseason. Colt did the same thing last year. Not sure how either one of them would do against first stringers in a real game.

My thoughts on ES today:

Too many threads about the QB situation.

Edited by Toe Jam