Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ronald Reagan Speaks Out Against Socialized Medicine

Reaganaut

Yes, Reagan supported Medicare. He also supported the EIC, which is a form of "wealth redistribution." Reagan changed over time, though: At one point, Reagan DID oppose Medicare. He denied it during the 1980 campaign when Carter reminded him of this opposition, but, by that point, Medicare had become a popular program.

This is what I wonder -- how come those politicians who oppose health care reform aren't campaigning to dismantle Medicare?

Ronald Regan was also the recipient of all the government health care he wanted, whenever he wanted it. This care also extended once he left office.

All Presidents get it I know but I just felt like mentioning it.

The audio is from 1961, long before he was President, or even held public office.

"socialized" medical countries laugh at us. Anyone that thinks socialized medicine is going to kill a bunch of people, especially in the United States of America, are retarded. There is a STANDARD OF CARE, everyone gets the same STANDARD OF CARE, when you go over the STANDARD OF CARE, you actually hurt yourself. This STANDARD OF CARE, is in the United States. It does not matter if you have ****ty insurances, or very expensive insurance you still get the same STANDARD OF CARE. Now can you afford it? That's the real question, so the poor die, and the rich live. I guess that's the way we want to run our country. If you can't afford the standard of care, then you are not worth saving.

Lets name something else after Reagan.

:hysterical:

Very funny.

That's exactly what I think about if the Pubs ever get the Congress back.

Their first order of business will be figuring out how they can impeach Obama over something meaningless (while continuing to block any investigation of the Bush/Cheney crimes).

The next order of business is to continue the job they started when Clinton was in office and try and rename everything after Reagan and to get his likeness on some currency.

Reagan spoke out against "socialized" medicine, wow that really means something.:doh:

He also spoke out against Civil Rights Acts and the MLK holiday and he had no problem with South Africa and apartheid until the pressure got too great on him.

Yes, let's all follow Reagan's lead. He was such a visionary.:chair:

Reagan spoke out against "socialized" medicine, wow that really means something.:doh:

Reagan had a lot of company over the yrs in the wisdom of not entrusting government to provide for us and limiting their influence.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-chart-to-rule-them-all.html

Do you really think Obama, Pelosi and Reid hold a candle to the greatest thinkers civilization has ever seen?

Because for Obama to be right; and for his party, now in the hands of the radical left, to be right; the Founders had to be wrong.

For Obama to be right, the Declaration of Independence has to be wrong.

For Obama to be right, the Constitution has to be wrong.

For Obama to be right, Aristotle, Cicero, Locke, Montesquieu, Burke, Smith and the founding fathers all had to be wrong.

And so it is clear how all of this will end.

Government-run health care will be used as a tool by government officials. As these programs always are. It will be used to punish political enemies, to reward friends, to entice supporters and -- always -- to aggregate more power.

It must be defeated.

:hysterical:

Very funny.

That's exactly what I think about if the Pubs ever get the Congress back.

Their first order of business will be figuring out how they can impeach Obama over something meaningless (while continuing to block any investigation of the Bush/Cheney crimes).

The next order of business is to continue the job they started when Clinton was in office and try and rename everything after Reagan and to get his likeness on some currency.

He also spoke out against Civil Rights Acts and the MLK holiday and he had no problem with South Africa and apartheid until the pressure got too great on him.

Yes, let's all follow Reagan's lead. He was such a visionary.:chair:

Hey! when it came to terrorists he either talked tough or gave them weapons.

Archived