Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Pre Camp Eve Presser Streaming LIVE

TK

good recap, good to hear ARE is probably the #3, that mike williams is actually at real playing size, and that were gonna see colt/collins in the preseason.

now heres hoping to no crazy injures in training camp.

If he's 3, then who's 2? Any word on whether it's Kelly or Thomas? If it's between Kelly and Thomas, then why couldn't we have them be 2/3 respectively and Randle-El as 4?

Well to be fair he did say (Zorn) that he would put in the receivers, (thomas,davis,kelly.) in games early in the year to see how they do and take it from there. Sounded as though he'd pull em out if they can't perform while they learn. That was my take on it. Im confused a bit to as why if you know the depth chart will stand y not give jason more time to become cohesive with our new receivers as well as 80 new plays???

If he's 3, then who's 2? Any word on whether it's Kelly or Thomas? If it's between Kelly and Thomas, then why couldn't we have them be 2/3 respectively and Randle-El as 4?

with everything that has been said, id be amazed if it isnt DT at number 2. as for ARE in the slot, he is a vet that has proven his worth in that position (and by that, i do not mean he deserved the contract we gave him)

Zorn indicated, as I understood it, that he wanted someone to step. He didn't say it directly, but he said ARE is definitely number 3 and could grab the number 2 slot with his play. Having listened to his pressers that tells me the number 2 slot is open.

Yes it's over. I mean the QB situation as a whole being convoluted. It almost sounded as if Jason was an after thought and they want to see how Todd and Colt are going to perform in this offense. That the backups would be "featured" in pre-season.

That's typically what preseason is for. To see how the backups perform.

Apparently Jeremy Jarmon is there speaking to the media now. But it didn't come up on the vid feed.

Here are some tweets from HyperSkins:

Jarmon: there things in some supplements that aren't listed on back... Gonna look at NFL approved list before putting anything in his body

Jarmon weighs 279... Been working with Hastings on 'repositioning some weight'

Jarmon will have a long leash to learn but days he doesn't plan to 'take advantage of the slack given to me'

JJ: hectic 6 weeks but excited to focus on football

Horton just came up now.

Vinny is on Kevin Sheehan show right now fyi. Asking about Vick? Vinny says about Vick . . . he will get signed, down the road by some team who has a qb injury.

On Orakpo, no body really signed, hopefully tonight something breaks through.

Q.- Kicker, "Does Rayner have a chance to win spot? A. "Absolutely."

Q. How has relationship with Zorn changed? A. You get to know each other and understand one another. Much easier the second year.

Via HyperSkin Twitter:

Chris horton at the podium now...

Chris: I'm pretty sure after going 2-6 in second half, lot of guys looking to see what went wrong

Chris on safety job: I expect battle from all guys... It's my job to lose and I'm not going to lose it

via RedskinsBlog:

Horton "This year for me personally has gotta be an even better year ... It's my job to lose & I'm not gonna lose it."

Apparently Jeremy Jarmon is there speaking to the media now. But it didn't come up on the vid feed.

Here are some tweets from HyperSkins:

Jarmon: there things in some supplements that aren't listed on back... Gonna look at NFL approved list before putting anything in his body

Jarmon weighs 279... Been working with Hastings on 'repositioning some weight'

Jarmon will have a long leash to learn but days he doesn't plan to 'take advantage of the slack given to me'

JJ: hectic 6 weeks but excited to focus on football

Horton just came up now.

Wow, how did you hear all of that? The volume is way down. I couldn't even tell who it was that was talking.

I don't hear Horton.

None of this is all that surprising to me. Most of us knew that ARE was best in the slot and that Zorn wants someone, ANYONE, to take the #2 WR position and make it their own.

As for QBs, I've been saying for some time that it is going to be tough for Colt to win the #2 spot outright. Collins didn't stay in the league as long as he has because he was sitting on his butt. Colt still has a long learning curve and just making a few splashy plays isn't going to be good enough on its own to convince the coaching staff that he should be first off the bench if something happens to Campbell.

So my thoughts are this. During the season DT and MK will rotate in and out of the "#2" WR position. They will both play posessions at #2. Somebody is bound to step up. I think ARE will play #3, regardless if it is MK or DT on the field for that particular series. There will be lots of times that Moss and DT are the only two WRs on the field, same with Moss and MK.

Probably after the first quarter of the season is over, one of the two will outperform the other and earn an increase in playing time.

None of this is all that surprising to me. Most of us knew that ARE was best in the slot and that Zorn wants someone, ANYONE, to take the #2 WR position and make it their own.

As for QBs, I've been saying for some time that it is going to be tough for Colt to win the #2 spot outright. Collins didn't stay in the league as long as he has because he was sitting on his butt. Colt still has a long learning curve and just making a few splashy plays isn't going to be good enough on its own to convince the coaching staff that he should be first off the bench if something happens to Campbell.

I don't think that any of us (including you) knew that the #2 RB position was up for grabs.

I don't think that any of us (including you) knew that the #2 RB position was up for grabs.

This is good news. Nearly every position on the entire team should be up for grabs.

Including starters.

Maybe we will see a better effort because of it.

Exactly.

Collins will be the number two. He apparently knows the offense like the back of his hand now and Zorn loves him just like Al Saunders did. As long as the playoffs are a possibility, Collins will be the guy if JC falters or gets hurt.

Archived