Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins need a new owner?

tonyriggins

I wanted to get rid of Snyder after his first year, but what about you guys now do you think the Redskins would be a better team without him? In the past I have been amazed how much support he has here, but I would like to think times are a changing and that the majority are ready for him to go.

I wanted to get rid of Snyder after his first year, but what about you guys now do you think the Redskins would be a better team without him? In the past I have been amazed how much support he has here, but I would like to think times are a changing and that the majority are ready for him to go.

Dude, you can't fire your boss. :chair:

Seriously?

I mean, really? REALLY???

You know, this isn't even that uncommon a sentiment here on ES. I mean some people just don't get it: Dan Snyder OWNS the team. And by the way, Vinny Cerrato is the 2nd HIGHEST GUY UP on the chart.

All these "Fire Vinny" and "Sell The Team, Snyder!" threads must be the result of extremely bored trolls or just... people... who don't pay much attention to the world around them I guess.

We're all stuck with Dan and Vinny, for better or worse. But you know, I think TK's recent poll-thread about Vinny's offseason says a lot about what happens when you force fans to think rationally about what goes on behind the scenes with a ballclub.

For the last time. Please stop complaining about Snyder. It's like complaining about the law of gravity.

No, you know what? Start a petition to get Snyder kicked off the team. Go around the country and collect signatures, okay? You won't have much access to ES, but you'd be doing us all a favor.

I actually like Danny! You gotta give it to him, HE TRIES! He just doesnt do a great job. Would you rather have a front office that didnt spend?!? He goes out every year and TRIES to build the best team. At least we're turning a corner and no longer trading our draft picks. We're starting to establish our own young talent.

I actually like Danny! You gotta give it to him, HE TRIES! He just doesnt do a great job. Would you rather have a front office that didnt spend?!? He goes out every year and TRIES to build the best team. At least we're turning a corner and no longer trading our draft picks. We're starting to establish our own young talent.

I definitely agree with the bolded parts of your statements. I think reasonable Redskins fan will agree that in the last two years this team has made significant improvements in the the talent they've brought in. Jim Zorn brings in his WCO and we select 2 young, tall, talented receivers in Thomas and Kelly. Also we have another stud TE to compliment Cooley, in Fred Davis. Everybody was hollering about the D-line and we get the best DT in the league. We get Orakpo and Barnes in the draft as well as Jarmon in the supplemental draft. On offense we re-sign Dockery, who knows the system and fits in with Buges' run game. Heyer and Rhinehart should be improved and maybe Bridges/Williams also make a case for themselves. I really don't see why the hell there's so much ****in' going on about EVERYTHING? The F.O addressed all areas of needs..it may not be what some think it should be or wanted.But they did something and that's all you can ask for.In reality until you can pony up enough cash to buy this team from Dan Synder,it's not **** you can do:D.

He ain't going NOWHERE. Since owning the Redskins isn't a Democracy, it's a Dictatorship and none of us have the "weapons" (aka greenbacks) to dethrone him, those of us who want to get rid of Snyder need to GET OVER IT.

I definitely agree with the bolded parts of your statements. I think reasonable Redskins fan will agree that in the last two years this team has made significant improvements in the the talent they've brought in....

I really don't see why the hell there's so much ****in' going on about EVERYTHING? The F.O addressed all areas of needs..it may not be what some think it should be or wanted.But they did something and that's all you can ask for.In reality until you can pony up enough cash to buy this team from Dan Synder,it's not **** you can do:D.

Amen dude. Some people seem to think an 8-8 team can turn into a perennial SuperBowl contender in a single offseason...

I quess most fans would like for him to go, but there is this attitude that it dont matter what we want, so why even talk about it. For one thing he needs to know how pathetic he is! It would be hard for him to take being booed in his own stadium.

Didnt the commissioner of ML Baseball take out the female owner of the Cinny Reds, why can't Roger Goodell save us Redskin fans? I think the fans especally in Redskinland need to show Snyder our disappointment in his ownership.

I wouldn't mind Danny if he hired a GM and allowed him to run the day-to-day football operations of the team and didn't interfere in it at all. Other than that, he's a great owner since we can never really complain about how we don't have the money to resign our free agents or to bring in new free agents as smaller market teams have problems. He puts his best effort into the team in the interest of developing a consistent playoff contender, but we just haven't seen any good results in a few years, apart from 2005 and 2007.

haha my bad...

eh, this thread is a joke anyway. at least training camp isn't too far away now...

I call girls "dude" too. I'm equal opportunity, you know.

As far as Snyder goes, I agree with what most people have said here. He's the owner, get over it, focus on things that might change.

And just as an added thought, his approach has changed, and (I dare say) improved in the last decade. I'm happier with him owning the team than the decade where JKC was pretty much just not caring much. Our downfall didn't start with Snyder. We were horrible and stuck in the hole before he got there. Now, he hasn't dug us out just yet, but at least we can see over the top at this point. We've been in the playoffs a couple times in the last 5 years, we've made a habit of breaking the Cowboys' hearts when it looks like we're down, and we are getting better.

Just look at our drafting habits the last two years. We got both Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas, two guys who were both in the first rounds of a lot of mock drafts, in the second round. Will they turn into anything, let's hope. We also got Orakpo, in spite of what we were trying to do (though trying without being willing to mortgage the future isn't a bad thing) and he brings some hope with him too.

Snyder might not be Robert Kraft, but, like it's been said before, HE TRIES. I met a Clippers fan once, that dude was about two clicks from desperation, way worse than even a Raiders fan. I will take Snyder over Clippers Boss (or any other owner that likes to stay as far under the cap as they possibly can while there are FAs who could help their team on the market) anyday. Whatever you want to say about Snyder, he's not THAT BAD, and he has learned a little here and there over the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, I still cringe at things once in a while (Albert Haynesworth being one of them, soley because of the money) but he's doing light-years better than he did in 99.

Wait a second.

Weren't Lavar & his radio sidekick saying Dan bought a messageboard to control what was being said? So why is this thread still here?

Obviously they were wrong.

C'mon you heard them, Snyder is buying their station and firing them too.

Snyder might not be Robert Kraft, but, like it's been said before, HE TRIES. I met a Clippers fan once, that dude was about two clicks from desperation, way worse than even a Raiders fan. I will take Snyder over Clippers Boss (or any other owner that likes to stay as far under the cap as they possibly can while there are FAs who could help their team on the market) anyday. Whatever you want to say about Snyder, he's not THAT BAD, and he has learned a little here and there over the last 10 years...

this is probably ATN (actually ATL) but if Donald Sterling owned the Redskins we'd kill for Dan Snyder.

Read at your own peril:

"The Sordid Life Of Clippers Owner Donald Sterling" (Deadspin Article)

The answer to your question lies in the famous statement below:

Does a wild bear ____ in the woods? Of course if it were possible most Skins

fans would say we need a new owner. But it is unlikely we are going to see an ownership change any time soon.

Saying that Snyder is a better owner than Donald Sterling is not really saying much unless you are content with achieving mediocrity. We should compare the Danny to three or more successful owners in the NFL and asking how he stacks up to them.

Archived