Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins need a new owner?

tonyriggins

Snyder might not be Robert Kraft, but, like it's been said before, HE TRIES. I met a Clippers fan once, that dude was about two clicks from desperation, way worse than even a Raiders fan. I will take Snyder over Clippers Boss (or any other owner that likes to stay as far under the cap as they possibly can while there are FAs who could help their team on the market) anyday.
this is probably ATN (actually ATL) but if Donald Sterling owned the Redskins we'd kill for Dan Snyder.

Read at your own peril:

"The Sordid Life Of Clippers Owner Donald Sterling" (Deadspin Article)

Cripes. Apparently George Preston Marshall reincarnated and bought the Clippers... :doh:

Saying that Snyder is a better owner than Donald Sterling is not really saying much unless you are content with achieving mediocrity. We should compare the Danny to three or more successful owners in the NFL and asking how he stacks up to them.

If you mean success in terms of wins and losses (and i'm sure he doesn't) Snyder is certainly not in the top tier of owners in the league. But, even given all the power Snyder has over the roster, coaching staff, etc, I don't think it's fair to say the Redskins are doomed to never achieve perennial-contender status with him in control. He has been one of the few constants in a dizzying spew of fruitless seasons, but in his own, occasionally backward-ass ways, Snyder may yet bring home a lombardi trophy or two in our lifetimes. Look at our defense this year: It could be a contender's defense.

As an owner, there isn't too much more you can ask from him. He's willing to open his checkbook to get whatever players the coaches need to win. Certainly he hasn't always done things with intelligence, but he's no different than those on the board here who think that they can do better. He also seems to be a man willing to learn from his mistakes.

He's not the perfect owner. He's not as fan-friendly as some would like him to be, but being a guy who opens his checkbooks to try to build the best team he can, I expect some tradeoffs. But, we can do far worse.

If the Redskins were a baseball team then Snyders willingness to spend money may have a big impact, but the NFL has a salary cap. What makes Snyder such a terrible owner is refusing to hire a GM. You local fans have more power than you think, please rid us of this burden.

If people will defend that absolutely horrible and pathetic tenure of Snyder and argue in his favor as an owner, then it is pointless to talk to them: they will literally defend anything. ANYTHING. Such people are not arguing in good faith with respect to reality.

Taking the position that Snyder is a good owner is a wholly indefensible position. It is completely contrary to all of the evidence out there.

He is awful, and he has turned our once-respected franchise into a league-wide joke.

But... I'm guessing everyone here already knows that.

Incidentally, can we please stop the BS tags being added to posts?

"epic fail" "failoppotomus" "so much fail"

Who is adding this stupidity to such threads? Do they think they are clever or original or somehow witty by tagging things like that? It's so original and stupid. Seeing as how tags are not remotely useful and are only used by people who make such moronic comments in tags, perhaps we should just turn them off site-wide or drop notes to whomever is using them that way to stop.

Tags are supposed to be useful for searching, not for insulting posters.

Nope, I've always been a supporter of Snyder. Sure he has made some bad personal moves but he is getting better. At least we know he makes these moves with mindset of trying to win at all costs. He is a Skins fan just like the rest of us. Id much rather have Snyder as the owner who grew up going to Skins games rather than some big shot that bought the Skins because they were the only franchise available to buy. Who else do you know that defeats the cap every single year. Analysts have even stopped with the yearly cap hell predictions.

Sure he has made some bad personal moves but he is getting better.

This nonsense has been repeatedly disproven. You can say it. But it is complete BS. COMPLETELY botching the coaching search to the point we were the laughingstock of the league per sources. Trading for Jason Taylor and trying for Chad Johnson in just this last year. Drafting the Knee-less wonder Kelly and 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round. And we don't know if making Haynesworth the highest paid defensive player ever was a good idea---it wasn't the last dozen or so times we made such a move [but let me guess.. you'll say this time is "different"]. Dumping 50 million on Hall who had just signed a similar contract less than a year ago and sucked so bad that he was cut outright in the middle of the season because he couldn't cut it opposite the greatest CB in football. And then the QB fiasco all off-season.

Snyder has changed? BS. He's the same ****ty owner he has always been.

Who else do you know that defeats the cap every single year.

Boy, I'm so super duper excited that they give out the Lombardi trophy for that!!!!

This nonsense has been repeatedly disproven. You can say it. But it is complete BS. COMPLETELY botching the coaching search to the point we were the laughingstock of the league per sources. Trading for Jason Taylor and trying for Chad Johnson in just this last year. Drafting the Knee-less wonder Kelly and 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round. And we don't know if making Haynesworth the highest paid defensive player ever was a good idea---it wasn't the last dozen or so times we made such a move [but let me guess.. you'll say this time is "different"]. Dumping 50 million on Hall who had just signed a similar contract less than a year ago and sucked so bad that he was cut outright in the middle of the season because he couldn't cut it opposite the greatest CB in football. And then the QB fiasco all off-season.

Snyder has changed? BS. He's the same ****ty owner he has always been.

So if Zorn leads us to a 10-6 (or so) and/or a playoff berth), Kelly and the other WRs pan out, Haynesworth proves his value, and Hall turns out to be a great pick-up, will you change your tune?

Don't give me arguments as to why you think they won't - simple question - just a simple yes or no.

Snyder at least tries and wants to win, I honestly beleive that if Gibbs or even Schottenheimer ( for more than one year) or a strong stable personality guy with good football knowledge could have worked with Snyder earlier the Skins would have won at least one Super Bowl by now under Snyder's ownership; or at least a couple of NFC East titles. As for the GM thing, basically Vinny is the GM without the GM title, even though I think Snyder could find a better guy for the job I still think Vinny didnt do that bad this offseason.

He ain't going NOWHERE. Since owning the Redskins isn't a Democracy, it's a Dictatorship and none of us have the "weapons" (aka greenbacks) to dethrone him, those of us who want to get rid of Snyder need to GET OVER IT.

As if mad rantings by some disgruntled fans will somehow "force" Dan Synder to sell the team he's loved since he was a young boy:hysterical:

I noticed how you didn't bring up the Cutler/Sanchez attempts.

So if Zorn leads us to a 10-6 (or so) and/or a playoff berth), Kelly and the other WRs pan out, Haynesworth proves his value, and Hall turns out to be a great pick-up, will you change your tune?

Don't give me arguments as to why you think they won't - simple question - just a simple yes or no.

I actually think he did bring up Culter/Sanchez towards the end, but didn't do it directly. However, I don't think you're going to change the opinion of someone whose member name says that Snyder must go.

So let me get this straight: your question is whether my opinion would be different if all the evidence was completely opposite of what it has been? Really?

Assuming my aunt had balls, would she be my uncle?

So let me get this straight: your question is whether my opinion would be different if all the evidence was completely opposite of what it has been? Really?

Assuming my aunt had balls, would she be my uncle?

Yes or No.

I didn't ask you if you thought the evidence pointed to success and if those things WILL happen.

And this certainly is not a discussion of your family's sexual identity and gender issues.

I said IF the following happens (regardless of what whether you THINK they will happen):

1. Zorn leads us to a 10-6 (or so) and/or a playoff berth)
  2. Kelly and the other WRs pan out
  3. Haynesworth proves his value
  4. Hall turns out to be a great pick-up

Will you change your tune?

Yes or No.

I said IF the following happens (regardless of what whether you THINK they will happen):

1. Zorn leads us to a 10-6 (or so) and/or a playoff berth)
  2. Kelly and the other WRs pan out
  3. Haynesworth proves his value
  4. Hall turns out to be a great pick-up

Will you change your tune?

What tune?

I said it was BS that Snyder had "learned something" or "gotten better" and proved evidence why that is nonsense. If all of the things happened, I would change my tune on whether he has "gotten better" or improved as an owner.

But I will NOT change my tune that he is a ****ty owner. It would just mean he is a little less ****ty than he previously was. It would be as if an F student brought home a D. Improvement, but nearly good enough.

The only thing that change my tune is when he wins an actual freaking Lombardi and brings this franchise back to its old level of respect and constant Super Bowl contender. That is the only thing that will change my tune on Snyder.

Until then he is a miserable failure because that is all that matters. That odds finally broke for him and he hits on a few moves doesn't change squat on the broader question.

Yet you seem to forget the good trades/signings/draft picks we have made. I wonder why that might be. And please dont try to tell me CP, Moss, ST, Fletcher, Cooley, Thomas, Rocky, Rogers, Landry, Horton and some more weren't good pickups. The man tries to win and is getting better. I wont even mention last year's draft because we wont know until the end of this year. I think we've had a great offseason this year but we won't know how everything pans out until after the season. The only bad mark on this offseason was the whole QB situation but once again he was trying to UPGRADE a position he thought was necessary to our teams success. I agree with trying to get Cutler but not really Sanchez and we didnt get him anyways. Last time i checked Hall played pretty solid for us last year and if his production stays the same it was a good signing. Once again we won't know until next year. Freaking Randy Moss sucked in Oakland so i don't base anything off of what players do there and neither should anyone.

One more edit: Who the hell cares what the media and other people say. They always hate on the Redskins. I think giving Zorn a shot was a great decsion. We started 6-2 and if you want to play the media game Campbell and Portis were in midseason MVP talks from mostly all media outlets. What got us down the stretch was lack of coaching experience (now in year 2 should improve), Limited playbook (once again year 2) and o-line injuries. So they can laugh all they want because so far it has turned out alright and should be better this year.

Archived