Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins need a new owner?

tonyriggins

What tune?

I said it was BS that Snyder had "learned something" or "gotten better" and proved evidence why that is nonsense. If all of the things happened, I would change my tune on whether he has "gotten better" or improved as an owner.

But I will NOT change my tune that he is a ****ty owner. It would just mean he is a little less ****ty than he previously was. It would be as if an F student brought home a D. Improvement, but nearly good enough.

The only thing that change my tune is when he wins an actual freaking Lombardi and brings this franchise back to its old level of respect and constant Super Bowl contender. That is the only thing that will change my tune on Snyder.

Until then he is a miserable failure because that is all that matters. That odds finally broke for him and he hits on a few moves doesn't change squat on the broader question.

You answered the question and I respect you for that.

Incidentally, can we please stop the BS tags being added to posts?

"epic fail" "failoppotomus" "so much fail"

Who is adding this stupidity to such threads? Do they think they are clever or original or somehow witty by tagging things like that? It's so original and stupid. Seeing as how tags are not remotely useful and are only used by people who make such moronic comments in tags, perhaps we should just turn them off site-wide or drop notes to whomever is using them that way to stop.

Tags are supposed to be useful for searching, not for insulting posters.

SMG, I don't agree with much you say, but you're dead on here. The following can consider theirselves as being on notice.

epic fail ~ Jason Campbell 17 #1 fan

so much fail ~ Zzj

failoppotomus ~ sellyoursol

this thread sucks ~ santana_89

make it stop ~ Zzj

whiner ~ santana_89

What tune?

I said it was BS that Snyder had "learned something" or "gotten better" and proved evidence why that is nonsense. If all of the things happened, I would change my tune on whether he has "gotten better" or improved as an owner.

But I will NOT change my tune that he is a ****ty owner. It would just mean he is a little less ****ty than he previously was. It would be as if an F student brought home a D. Improvement, but nearly good enough.

The only thing that change my tune is when he wins an actual freaking Lombardi and brings this franchise back to its old level of respect and constant Super Bowl contender. That is the only thing that will change my tune on Snyder.

Until then he is a miserable failure because that is all that matters. That odds finally broke for him and he hits on a few moves doesn't change squat on the broader question.

So about 25 of the 32 owners in the NFL are "miserable failures"?

Snyder's just starting to get the hang of things.

Kicking him to the curb now would be pointless, imo. All that On-The-Job training for nothing.

Well like him or not Snyder isn't kicking himself to the curb so it's Snyder or bust. I'd rather have an owner that tries to win rather than most of the owners out there today that do nothing for their teams. We pay the price when Snyder makes a mistake frustration wise, while Snyder pays the price by a couple million bucks. Yet he still goes out and throws around money and these days it's more towards people that will help the team.

NE and Pittsburgh can be argued.....but Philly? When was there Lombardi held high?

Good point...

Besides, it's not the owner, it's the QB. The Rams' owner Georgia Frontiere was seen as a laughing stock for years--a "dumb blomde who inherited an NFL franchise from her husband after his mysterious death", and all that...and she wouldn't spend any money, didn't know anything about football, etc, etc...the Rams in the 90s looked like the Lions in this decade lol...they never went higher than 7-9 between 1990 and 1998. She even went out and hired a "proven" coach in Dick Vermiel, which produced back-to-back seasons of 5-11 and 4-12.

Enter Kurt Warner, out of the blue.

Win Super Bowl, Georgia F. holds the Lombardi high, there ya go.

Give the Skins a Kurt Warner, and Snyder's "wasteful spending" stories fly out the window, and nobody cares that he's our owner.

As an owner, there isn't too much more you can ask from him. He's willing to open his checkbook to get whatever players the coaches need to win. Certainly he hasn't always done things with intelligence, but he's no different than those on the board here who think that they can do better. He also seems to be a man willing to learn from his mistakes.

He's not the perfect owner. He's not as fan-friendly as some would like him to be, but being a guy who opens his checkbooks to try to build the best team he can, I expect some tradeoffs. But, we can do far worse.

Throwing around cash is good once, but when it doesn't work for 10 straight seasons you have to figure it out. And thats all he can do?

He can't hire quality people to run the team and get out of the way?

C'mon you heard them, Snyder is buying their station and firing them too.

I would laugh so damn hard if Snyder did that.

As far as a new owner? No I don't think we need one and everyone should be happy we have an owner like Snyder who is willing to pay big money so we have good players. Have some ended up being bust for us? Yes. Have some been great for us? Yes.

Personally I'm glad he's willing to pay money for us to have good players because it shows he wants to win. We could have an owner like Al Davis who has become a complete moron.

Be happy with who we have, if you want to complain about Cerrato then that's another story because I believe he is a problem.

He can't hire quality people to run the team and get out of the way?

No, he can't, and that is my biggest problem with him. He tried it with Marty and couldn't stand it to the point where Marty was kicked to the curb after one 8-8 season where they went, what 5-3 down the stretch with NO QB?! Then Danny went out and got Vinny back, who couldn't sniff a job when Marty canned him, and now Danny has his yes-man who tells him everything he wants to hear.

Danny has no business going to draft workouts, or the Senior Bowl, or anything like that. He has no business breaking down film, or being in on roster evaluations. He has no clue what he is doing in those regards. He needs to just sit at his desk, and wait for people to put checks in front of him that he needs to sign. That and go to games. That's it.

That's my problem with Danny. Please, Mr. Napoleon Complex, just stay out of the way and let the pros do their jobs. Quit sniffing jocks and trying to be buddy buddy with players who can go over the coach's head to you. Not the brightest idea you have ever had. And that is really saying something.

And yes, I understand that he is the owner and can do whatever he wants. I also understand that he isn't going anywhere. He will probably be with us until most of us die. I'm gonna love the Redskins anyway. They have been in my family since the day they moved to DC. They're in my blood. But I will not be a fan of Danny until he wakes up and realizes that what he is doing isn't working and changes his ways.

I don't doubt his will to win, but he has done a horrible job, especially in his first couple of years. He's still the running gag among owners in sports.

Exactly. I sooooo wait for the day that Snyder has nothing to do with this organazation. Then I know that the curse of Snyder will be finally gone and we can return to our greatness.

But for now, we are in purgatory because Snyder is the constant black cloud of this organzation.

Tired of the Snyder bashing. Actually have been ever since it started. Dude is not entirely to blame, and certainly isn't to blame for all the games we lost with leads going into the 4th quarter or got blown out. I actually kinda like the guy's passion. His inexperience with some decisions may have hurt us at times or hampered our natural growth pattern, but he is not to blame for our mediocrity. That is all on the players/coaches on Sundays and during gameplanning IMPO.

I think the more pressing questions are...has he learned?

Is he getting better?

Is he as meddlesome as he used to be?

Off the top of my head...maybe. You'd have to look at things year by year and see, but he's not bringing in guys that were over the hill like he used to. No more Bruce Smiths, Deion Sanders, Jeff Georges...

I think Gibbs II helped him understand that he needs to keep his hands off for the most part. I'd like to think that Gibbs II showed him the importance of the draft as we've had some good picks (when we've kept them).

You look at owners who have been control freaks over their tenures, Jerry Jones and Al Davis immediately come to mind and they've both had their successes and failures. I lump Snyder into that class...and giving Danny's age, he's still in the infancy of his ownership career.

I don't hate Danny, I don't love him, either. That may sound weird on this board but I know that Danny will have his day with a ring on his finger. Let's not forget the guy is a successful businessman and extremely driven. He will see to it that the Skins win a title...it just might take a little while to figure out how...a little longer than the instant gratification crowd will allow....

...but the quicker he ****cans Vinny, the faster it'll happen ;)

Tired of the Snyder bashing. Actually have been ever since it started. Dude is not entirely to blame, and certainly isn't to blame for all the games we lost with leads going into the 4th quarter or got blown out. I actually kinda like the guy's passion. His inexperience with some decisions may have hurt us at times or hampered our natural growth pattern, but he is not to blame for our mediocrity. That is all on the players/coaches on Sundays and during gameplanning IMPO.

Agree, the whole discussion is so stupid on so many levels.

Would you be happy if the Ford family bought the Redskins?

How about Al Davis?

How about the Cardinals owner? Oh he made the Superbowl last year, he is such a good owner?

How about the Lerner group?

Peter Angelos?

Maybe the Pitt Pirates owners?

Maybe Jerruh from the Cowboys?

How about Howard Millstein...the guy that didn't get the Redskins?

Or maybe the Browns ownership group?

What about the Bengals owners?

Throw in the Patriots owner coming into a franchise with no franchise QB? Maybe he can turn it all around.

We could always get the Cubs ownership group...or maybe the Red Sox, I mean they won how many championships prior to the last 5 years?

Eagles ownership?

Abe Pollin?

How about the Colts? They were so great prior to Manning.

Stop whining about ownership from a guy that at least makes attempts at bringing in personnel at any cost to win.

So about 25 of the 32 owners in the NFL are "miserable failures"?

Actually, I think he said only 3 owners in the NFL were good enough.

I never said he was one of the top 3 owners in the NFL, every team would love to have a fantastic owner who knew how to play the owner position. All I said was that IT COULD BE WORSE. And don't forget, it wasn't Daniel Snyder that drove our team into the ground and made us a laughing stock, I'm pretty sure that began the day Richie Pettibone took over as HC.

Regardless of what "proof" your talking about SnyderMustGo, things have gotten better. Look at our draft picks from the Charlie Casserly days after Gibbs left. How many successful picks did we have? How many successful 1st rounders even? When Gibbs came back Snyder DID learn from him. Our drafts have been better and if you're willing to give up on draft picks after a single year, well, I'm glad the guy at the head of the team isn't. That would be a huge disaster. If you're not, then don't say that the WRs are a flop already, we can talk about it again after this season.

How about the fact that Snyder isn't going after over-the-hill legends anymore, ala Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Jeff George (an over-the-hill never has been). It doesn't get much worse than that. He does like his FA splashes, but at least they're younger and in the prime of their careers, which he also learned from Gibbs.

Philly has never won a SB, and the Kraft bought the Pats in 92, so it took him almost 10 years to win the SB, though they got close once before with Drew Bledsoe at QB. He's a great owner, no doubt, but how about we compare every QB to Dan Marino or Brett Favre (not the recent one). Everyone wants a Marino/Favre, but I'll be okay if we just get a Rivers or Brees.

On to Pittsburgh's ownership. Art Rooney won 6 SBs in 86 years, two recently, but there was about a 30 year hiatus. So 10 years doesn't sound too awful right now.

Who else should we be comparing Snyder to? Like I said before, I'd love to have an owner that's "best ever" or even "already knows what he's doing" status, but we've got what we've got. All the complaining doesn't do anything to change it. At least with players and coaches we can hope things will improve in the near future. I'm just hoping Snyder KEEPS learning from his mistakes and what hasn't worked. He's only 44 or 45, so you guys can keep on complaining for the next 40 years, you'll probably be dead before the Skins get another owner. Have fun with that.:thumbsup:

Actually, I think he said only 3 owners in the NFL were good enough.

If that's the case then his criticisms of Snyder aren't really based on anything he's done, how much money he's spent, how "meddlesome" he is or isn't, whether Vinny stays or goes, whether or not he's learning or is still impatient, whether or not he "throws away" draft picks...or any of the normal criticisms. He could be a "model" owner and do things by-the-book, hire the best coaches and best GM and "stay out of their way"...but if it doesn't result in both the Skins winning the Super Bowl AND remaining SB contenders for years then he's still a miserable failure and still worthy of all the bashing SMG throws his way.

I wish he'd just say that...would make his posts a LOT shorter lol ;)

At least with players and coaches we can hope things will improve in the near future. I'm just hoping Snyder KEEPS learning from his mistakes and what hasn't worked. He's only 44 or 45, so you guys can keep on complaining for the next 40 years, you'll probably be dead before the Skins get another owner. Have fun with that.:thumbsup:

:rotflmao:...Puts it in pretty good perspective, doesn't it lol...

Archived