Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny to Skins in 2010?

RWJ

I like Shanny but I don't know if his finesse style will work in the nfc east, man.

I guess it would make sense from a offensive viewpoint only, but then who will be the GM? It's widely known shanny will want to call plays on draft day and then what do you do with vinny?

As much as vinny bugs me I'd rather see zorn succeed.

where did you hear that? I'm constantly searching skins news and i've never came across anything remotely close to that. Not saying it isn't true but seems like it would have been brought up earlier

There was an insider on RI that was following the talks to bring Shanahan/Cutler in as a package. An insider on this board confirmed the interest. Am too lazy to do the search, but if you search back in the time frame of the Cutler trade talks, I was posting all about it.

LL was alluding to similar along those lines on here during the Cutler trade chase.

Hail.

Yep, ll was confirming what the insider on RI was revealing: Snyder brings Shanahan in as HC, Cutler as QB, and Zorn becomes OC. Zorn takes the job b/c he knows he won't get a HC gig elsewhere. I think the thing that broke that massive deal was the fact that the Broncos did not want JC.

There was an insider on RI that was following the talks to bring Shanahan/Cutler in as a package. An insider on this board confirmed the interest. Am too lazy to do the search, but if you search back in the time frame of the Cutler trade talks, I was posting all about it.
ah ok, might have been the time i lost internet for a few months. Thought i found all that i missed in that time but i guess not lol

Yep, ll was confirming what the insider on RI was revealing: Snyder brings Shanahan in as HC, Cutler as QB, and Zorn becomes OC. Zorn takes the job b/c he knows he won't get a HC gig elsewhere. I think the thing that broke that massive deal was the fact that the Broncos did not want JC.

wow that kinda changes my view a little bit....i'll have to find the aticles before i actually change my views though

I like Zorn. I see him as a young Joe Gibbs. If he starts losing real bad again though, I'll hate him I'm sure. I could coach this team into the playoffs this year. He has no excuse this year.

Wasn't Gibbs also 8-8 in his first year? If you believe in omens, that could be a good one. This franchise has not had enough continuity for things to have a chance to gel and see if the personnel/coaching is the right fit for us; changing coaches yet again would retard that process even further. Generally, I like the internet, but it has propelled unfounded speculation to new heights of absurdity (not just this). Bubba made a great point in his post earlier that Snyder has only fired one coach (Norv) and that mother****er deserved it! For every bust he brings in, there is a reasonable move that gets less attention. Also, having an owner that opens his checkbook is a good problem to have; some owners are down-right cheap when it comes to paying players. Eventually, the good moves might just start to outweigh the bad ones.

Wasn't Gibbs also 8-8 in his first year? If you believe in omens, that could be a good one.

If he's half a successful as that man, then were in for some real good times. The only downside is Gibbs finished year one 8 and 3, with all the momentum going forward, as opposed to the catastrophic collapse of Zorn's first year and a 2-6 finish with everything going backward.

Oh, and Snyder in effect has fired two of the four before Zorn's tenure, as he knew full well by going above Marty's head and bringing Vinny back after a year it would force Schottenheimer's hand.

Hail.

quick how many coaches has Snyder ACTUALLY fired?

give up?

the answer is ONE, the one he "didn't" hire, Norv Turner.

Shotty (8-8) quit when Snyder wanted him to be the coach only, Spurrier (7-9, 5-11) quit after 2 years despite Snyder's attempts to get him to reconsider, Snyder was wanting to extend Gibbs (6-10, 10-6, 5-11, 9-7), but Gibbs resigned after a trying season With Taylor's murder and his grandson going through cancer treatments.

The Media creation of Snyder is mostly myth, based on the actions of a young inexperienced owner almost a decade ago. Gibbs had a big influence on Snyder and showing him how to run a football team, and the one thing you need is patience, (and allow your team to build and grow in the same system).

Zorn has said there's been no hints that he's under fire to win this season, Cerrato has said Zorn will be giving time to build the team.

only media nuts have said the rest based on nothing but speculation. Something to write about during the slow summer months. besides....

There is always some big name ex coach to recycle.

Bubba telling it like it is again.:cool:

i think that unless this team makes the playoffs, maybe even a playoff win.....

danny will make a change. there are tooooooo many coaches out there with rings on thier fingers for him not to grab one.... i read that he does not like to fire coaches, (norv, shott, and he should have canned steve.i believe that seperation was mutual. i know he wanted to keep gibbs )but the guys that are out there might be to tempting for him not to grab one up

i say there is about 30% zorn is back..

but i for one would like him to stay and roll with him and see where it goes...

I think we should give Zorn some time. Who knows, he could be something special! I definitely see the potential for it.

Besides, I thought we were done with other peoples trash? FA or HC.. We need to keep creating our own legends.

Right on! What ever happened to "Love the one your with"? Seriously, if there is one thing that this organization could use it's some loyalty and patience.

For starters, let me say this - I have a lot of reserved confidence in Coach Zorn. I think he has the makings to be a fine head coach in this league. Last year at 8-8 was a learning experience for him and he just seems to have the drive to do better. We were learning an entirely new offense with a rookie signal caller and were still able to pull a .500 record. So in the grand scheme of things, while we didn't make the playoffs and ultimately collapsed in the second half the season, I still have a feeling that we'll surprise some people.

Secondly, I do NOT want Shanahan. This guy has not won anything without John Elway. What is he in the playoffs without Elway? Something like 1-4? There is just something about Shanahan (arrogance? bad in-game decisions?) that I do not like. He has gotten wins over the years because of his cut-blocking scheme . . . not anything revolutionary on the offensive side of things.

Plus . . . on a completely superficial level . . . his man-tan is horrible

I'm not sure how many loses it will take for DS to lose patients with Zorn, so he better win more then 8 games this year just to be safe. If Zorns offense is worse his 2nd season, I know I wouldn't want him around a 3rd. Shanny would be a good coach for this team as well, the man has been to the show a few times.

Oh, and Snyder in effect has fired two of the four before Zorn's tenure, as he knew full well by going above Marty's head and bringing Vinny back after a year it would force Schottenheimer's hand.

Hail.

Simply the fact that Snyder had to pay Marty the remainder of his contract, minus his low SD salary, shows that he was fired.

Marty lowered his salary requirements just to force Snyder to pay him the difference.

Simply the fact that Snyder had to pay Marty the remainder of his contract, minus his low SD salary, shows that he was fired.

Marty lowered his salary requirements just to force Snyder to pay him the difference.

Uncanny that huh? People that walk of their own volition don't often get paid out.

At times on here, Hollywood would be proud by our reworking of history. :doh:

And as were on about Marty, I had more faith going forward with the way he ended that season, and the direction we'd taken before Snyder stepped back in and re-employed his little lacky, than I did at the end of Zorn's first year going forward.

That's been tempered by a great off season of moves, and attempted moves, but there's still way more questions than answers as regards Zorn.

Hail.

In plain and simple words, there is no way Zorn remains head coach if he goes 8-8 or worse this season. I mean come on!!! Our defense should be a top 4 overall like last year. Our offense will have plenty of chances to score TD'S and not field goals. I for one now hope Zorn succeeds as well as Jason. This is their "SECOND CHANCE!!!!"

Please! STOP! Just STOP!

Nothing against Shan. He's a good coach. But let's please stop the coaching carousel and stop looking to two years ahead and who the next "big name" coach is going to be!

It's no wonder people laugh at Skins fans! We are like a bunch of five year olds with ADHD and chocolate smeared all over our faces that have been chained to the backyard swing set by our parents! We went 6 -and freakin' - 2 this year. Let's try to make something work by sticking with it a change instead of blowing things up and starting over again for the thirty-seventh time!

quick how many coaches has Snyder ACTUALLY fired?

give up?

the answer is ONE, the one he "didn't" hire, Norv Turner.

Shotty (8-8) quit when Snyder wanted him to be the coach only, Spurrier (7-9, 5-11) quit after 2 years despite Snyder's attempts to get him to reconsider, Snyder was wanting to extend Gibbs (6-10, 10-6, 5-11, 9-7), but Gibbs resigned after a trying season With Taylor's murder and his grandson going through cancer treatments.

The Media creation of Snyder is mostly myth, based on the actions of a young inexperienced owner almost a decade ago. Gibbs had a big influence on Snyder and showing him how to run a football team, and the one thing you need is patience, (and allow your team to build and grow in the same system).

Zorn has said there's been no hints that he's under fire to win this season, Cerrato has said Zorn will be giving time to build the team.

only media nuts have said the rest based on nothing but speculation. Something to write about during the slow summer months. besides....

There is always some big name ex coach to recycle.

Yeah and you can bet your bottom dollar he gave the ones that quit a courtesy "resign or i fire you" option...

Archived