Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNC:Activists Hang (previously Deface)Mount Rushmore With Global Warming Banner

ljs

Remember the time that the returning aircraft carrier from the Iraq invasion was 'defaced' with a banner. :)

Zinger! lol

I clicked the link and noticed they changed it. But again- I really just posted what they said. I posted due to the interesting issue- I don't have a problem with what they did necessarily.

"Global warming is the greatest crisis humankind has ever faced ":doh::doh::doh:

You have got to be kidding me!

Wonder what materials were used in the banner or in the rope they rappelled with?

Wonder how they got there?

How much carbon footprint did they use in their little stunt?

dumbarses who don't do anything to advance the cause of conservation. IOn fact, I am certain they turned many away from their "cause" due to their idiocy.

That's pretty cool. Crazy, but cool.

Them green peacers occassionally have real geniuses in their PR dept. Much better than PETA complaining about Obama swatting a fly.

(Oh, and I thought the defacement bit was cute) Hopefully, its removal can be harmlessly done. If the removal causes any damage than the story changes tone quite a bit.

"Global warming is the greatest crisis humankind has ever faced ":doh::doh::doh:

You have got to be kidding me!

Wonder what materials were used in the banner or in the rope they rappelled with?

Wonder how they got there?

How much carbon footprint did they use in their little stunt?

dumbarses who don't do anything to advance the cause of conservation. IOn fact, I am certain they turned many away from their "cause" due to their idiocy.

Do you know any of the answers to the questions you asked? You make a lot of assumptions with no evidence to back anything up.

What makes you "certain" they turned many away? Have you done a poll?

You do know Obama has been at the G8 summit discussing this issue with global leaders right?

Do you know any of the answers to the questions you asked? You make a lot of assumptions with no evidence to back anything up.

What makes you "certain" they turned many away? Have you done a poll?

You do know Obama has been at the G8 summit discussing this issue with global leaders right?

If I knew those answers, why would I have asked the question?

I am certain that often activists do more harm to their cause than good when they pull silly stunts to get their views heard.

What does President Obama attending the G8 summit have to do with this thread about Greenpeace?

Lol, what a bunch of freaks.

And I agree with others saying this doesn't meet the definition of defacement, at least for me personally. I think of defacing property as something permanent. This is just a bunch of whackos hanging a banner.

true...but they said they couldnt take the banner down due to the winds. so somethings gotta be holding it in place. if they drilled holes into the mountain to support whatever is holding the banner, then thats defacement. granted, not what one generally thinks of, but still.

if they just tied it to a tree or something, no big deal. lol

If I knew those answers, why would I have asked the question?

I am certain that often activists do more harm to their cause than good when they pull silly stunts to get their views heard.

What does President Obama attending the G8 summit have to do with this thread about Greenpeace?

Were you honestly asking these questions? It seemed like you were posing them just to point out hypocrisy on the part of the activists.

What are you basing this certainty on? Can you give any examples?

Because Obama and the leaders of the richest nations are discussing global warming at the G8 summit. This "silly stunt" coincides with those talks and it was certainly a good time for it. A good attempt to influence a global stance on the issue.

Were you honestly asking these questions? It seemed like you were posing them just to point out hypocrisy on the part of the activists.

What are you basing this certainty on? Can you give any examples?

Because Obama and the leaders of the richest nations are discussing global warming at the G8 summit. This "silly stunt" coincides with those talks and it was certainly a good time for it. A good attempt to influence a global stance on the issue.

I have no issue with the timing, nor even the core message around conservation.

What I take issue with is the diluting of the message and whatever value it may bring by acting stupid in the public eye in the spirit of "awareness"

If anyone isnt aware by now that there is a climate change debate, they also wouldnt be aware of the stupid stunt.

Like others, despite the fact that I disagree with much of what they say, I do admire their dedication to their chosen cause. I don't admire their vehicle for spreading their message whatsoever.

You know.. before I used to say the same thing.... crazy tree huggers...

But when you see it affecting your own backyard, notably one of the greatest resources in this region.. the Chesapeake Bay, you begin to rethink your stance and begin to wonder what kind of damage we are doing to our environment...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/06/AR2009070602931.html

The report, released today by the nonprofit Chesapeake Bay Foundation,

pointed out that the threat of infection from pollutants that wash into the bay

from onshore is great enough that health authorities recommend not swimming

until 48 hours after a significant rain.

You know.. before I used to say the same thing.... crazy tree huggers...

But when you see it affecting your own backyard, notably one of the greatest resources in this region.. the Chesapeake Bay, you begin to rethink your stance and begin to wonder what kind of damage we are doing to our environment...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/06/AR2009070602931.html

The report, released today by the nonprofit Chesapeake Bay Foundation,

pointed out that the threat of infection from pollutants that wash into the bay

from onshore is great enough that health authorities recommend not swimming

until 48 hours after a significant rain.

so how much did the banner on Mt. Rushmore really do to advance progress against your concerns for the bay?

I have no issue with the timing, nor even the core message around conservation.

What I take issue with is the diluting of the message and whatever value it may bring by acting stupid in the public eye in the spirit of "awareness"

If anyone isnt aware by now that there is a climate change debate, they also wouldnt be aware of the stupid stunt.

Like others, despite the fact that I disagree with much of what they say, I do admire their dedication to their chosen cause. I don't admire their vehicle for spreading their message whatsoever.

I can understand why you would have that opinion.

so how much did the banner on Mt. Rushmore really do to advance progress against your concerns for the bay?

Maybe nothing, but maybe a lot. It's just like any other commercial.

Coke & Pepsi are two beverages that really need no advertising, but they spend tens of millions on it each year to get you to try and influence that split decision when standing at the cooler,, or in this case, what to do with the bottle once you've finished.

~Bang

Archived