Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

The whole thing about 'better' QBs is a bit biased to me. Better in terms of what? Winning percentage? big play abilities? playoff wins? leadership?

I mean, I love to hate on Romo sits to pee as much as any Redskins fan, but I think with the right offense and talent around him, Romo sits to pee could put up stats similar to just about any QB on that list. I think I'd put in an Oldfan argument here that a QB is only as good as his surrounding talent and system.

And just for the sake of argument, I'd put Ryan on there before Flacco.

Because he can't win in January?

Or is it this common held, b/s ES notion that INT's far out weigh TD's? :doh: As much as he made boneheaded mistakes last year, the dude was yet again pretty adept at putting up those point thingies that win games.

I'd take #'s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11 off that list, and Roethlesberger only get's bumped due to the rings. As pure QB's go, he's FAR from a great. And honestly, IMHO, #'s 1 through 4 are on one level, (Big Ben gets bumped because of the rings, Brees needs a defense and he might have one already); and then #'s 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11 are on the next, along with Romo sits to pee. (Warner probably deserves to be in there, but he's winding down now.).

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't personally touch Romo sits to pee with the preverbal barge pole, but this assertion that he's not a good QB needs to stop. As much as it pains me to say it, at least he's gotten his team through to January play, and given Dallas fans a whole bunch of excitement along the way. Something were still waiting for from #12 on the above list, on both counts.

Hail.

Campbell > Romo sits to pee equals Epic Fail. Close Thread. End of Discussion.

At this point in their career, it's not even close. Not saying JC won't have a better career, but right now not even close.

Anybody can make a list based of biasness. I could make a thread, "A dozen players better then Santana Moss etc. etc. etc." Honestly, who gives a rats behind?

At this point in their career, it's not even close. Not saying JC won't have a better career, but right now not even close.

Hate to agree with you, but I do. Its pretty hard to argue that Campbell's a better QB than Romo sits to pee. I'd like to believe it. I hope its true, but based on stats, winning percentage, playoff appearances, and most other measurables, Romo sits to pee beats Campbell. Hopefully that'll change soon, but then we're judging QBs based on potential and guys in Vegas get rich every day talking about how a slot machine has the 'potential' to make you a million.

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Palmer

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Eli

10. Warner

11. Rodgers

12. Campbell

If Flacco had another year under his belt, he'd be in the list.

The whole thing about 'better' QBs is a bit biased to me. Better in terms of what? Winning percentage? big play abilities? playoff wins? leadership?

I mean, I love to hate on Romo sits to pee as much as any Redskins fan, but I think with the right offense and talent around him, Romo sits to pee could put up stats similar to just about any QB on that list. I think I'd put in an Oldfan argument here that a QB is only as good as his surrounding talent and system.

This is my feeling. I'm not sure what he's basing his rankings on. Cutler may be good, but has he done more than Romo sits to pee? I don't know about that. I'm also not sure I'd put JC above him. I would perhaps put Matt Schaub above him though.

I dont think so. Romo sits to pee as arrogant as he is...has at least been to the pro bowl,throws for touchdowns(a rare thing in dc) and often puts up a 300 yard game. he hasnt won a playoff game yet and thats the only knock ive seen. Just look at the difference in that team when brad johnson was taking the snaps...and before that bledsoe.

I'll agree that is one of the worst lists I have ever seen but I have to disagree with paragraph two. Romo sits to pee is on the ideal offense to make himself look good. He had one of the best WRs in NFL history, a great TE, and a massive line. Aside from that he has an offensive coordinator that loves to throw. Romo sits to pee isn't close to many of the QBs up there but his numbers don't tell that story. If you put him on Indy, he may be a step up from Sorgi but not by much.

I dont think so. Romo sits to pee as arrogant as he is...has at least been to the pro bowl,throws for touchdowns(a rare thing in dc) and often puts up a 300 yard game. he hasnt won a playoff game yet and thats the only knock ive seen. Just look at the difference in that team when brad johnson was taking the snaps...and before that bledsoe.

Pro bowl means little. If it did, it would mean Antonio Pierce has already had a better carreer than London Fletcher.

Anybody can make a list based of biasness. I could make a thread, "A dozen players better then Santana Moss etc. etc. etc." Honestly, who gives a rats behind?

+1 but thanks for the homerific thread TR1. At least you are generating discussion in a boring offseason. When do camps open?

Pro bowl means little. If it did, it would mean Antonio Pierce has already had a better carreer than London Fletcher.

True, but you can't argue against touchdown passes and playoff appearances (even if they lost both of them, at least they got there). The fact that Campbell is on that list is hilarious.

It's interesting that we Skins fans talk so much trash about other QBs in the NFCEast, yet Campbell has failed to accomplish what any of the others have (playoff appearances, most notably).

True, but you can't argue against touchdown passes and playoff appearances (even if they lost both of them, at least they got there). The fact that Campbell is on that list is hilarious.

It's interesting that we Skins fans talk so much trash about other QBs in the NFCEast, yet Campbell has failed to accomplish what any of the others have (playoff appearances, most notably).

Don't forget we got there twice in that span too.

And why not hate on the enemy? Its almost as fun as rooting for your own team. Especially Romo sits to pee, who has had so much hype but accomplished so little. Its time for people to accept the fact that he is the second coming of Jake Plummer. ;)

Bingo. The list is insane.

Don't forget we got there twice in that span too.

And why not hate on the enemy? Its almost as fun as rooting for your own team. Especially Romo sits to pee, who has had so much hype but accomplished so little. Its time for people to accept the fact that he is the second coming of Jake Plummer. ;)

Nothing wrong with hating on the enemy, but at least be realistic about it. You could make fun of Romo sits to pee throwing a crap load of interceptions and not many people would disagree with that. At least that's one thing JC beats him at.

Better than Romo sits to pee?

1. Brady. Yes

2. Peyton. Yes

3. Big Ben. Yes

4. Brees. Yes

5. Rivers. Meh

6. Palmer. No

7. Cutler. No

8. McNabb. Meh

9. Eli. No

10. Warner. Yes

11. Rodgers. Meh

12. Campbell. Sadly, no :doh:

Much like his constant proclaiming Ware isn't very good this is pretty typical Tr1 cry for attention. Statisticly Romo sits to pee belongs up there with Brady and Peyton though disregarding age they are two of the three QBs I'd take over Romo sits to pee right now, the other being Brees.

The Cowboys as a team have choked late in the season, the things being said about Romo sits to pee are almost exactly what used to be said about Peyton. Great stats but can't win when it counts, which we've seen wasn't true, he just needed a better TEAM around him since football is first and foremost at TEAM sport.

As for Romo sits to pee's weapons on offense he's certainly had them in Witten and TO, but if you actually watch the games you might realize that he makes his line look good and not the other way around, sort of how Emmitt ran behind the best offensive line to ever play...except without him they were just a bunch of journeymen and scrubs.

Better than Romo sits to pee?

1. Brady. Yes

2. Peyton. Yes

3. Big Ben. Yes

4. Brees. Yes

5. Rivers. Yes

6. Palmer. Meh

7. Cutler. No

8. McNabb. DEFINITELY

9. Eli. Yes

10. Warner. Yes

11. Rodgers. Meh

12. Campbell. Sadly, no :doh:

Fixed that :thumbsup:...

So that makes 8 QBs who I think are better than Romo sits to pee, and two more who are pretty much equal to Romo sits to pee right now.

Give me the QB who actually WINS in the post-season, actually gets TO the NFC Championship game (multiple times), actually makes it TO the Super Bowl, and (in Eli's case) actually WINS the sucker lol. Why anyone, anywhere, would want to make a case that Romo sits to pee is better (right now) than either Eli or McNabb is beyond me. He's not. He's a late-season choking turnover machine. What a QB does in between September and November is less important in my eyes.

Archived