Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

You could really say that about any team and any fanbase. Here:

Skins fans are about fed up with Jason Campbell...take a look at fan reaction after their last 4 games last year

Yeah, but the other guy's argument was that we'd all be ecstatic to have Romo sits to pee as our QB lol...I think it's fair game to point out that even some of Romo sits to pee's current fans aren't "swinging from the rooftops" at having the guy on their team.

Yeah, but the other guy's argument was that we'd all be ecstatic to have Romo sits to pee as our QB lol...I think it's fair game to point out that even some of Romo sits to pee's current fans aren't "swinging from the rafters" at having the guy on their team.

Well you can't please everyone, the only four teams whose fans are completely content and happy with the QB situation are probably New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and New Orleans. I'm not big on following the Cowboys but I imagine that most of their fans are smart enough to know that Romo sits to pee is far from their biggest problem. Obviously its an overstatement to say that if the Skins got Romo sits to pee that everyone would drop dead and swoon over him since he isn't elite (elite QBs are P. Manning, Brees and Brady IMO) and can't turn the franchise around just like that. He is simply a slightly above average QB who can win it for you by himself but also lose it for you by himself. His huge #s will wow you and his constant mistakes will befuddle you. Plus, I think if Jason Campbell was playing on say the Seattle Seahawks then the poster wouldn't have put him as a top 11 QB, just IMO tho.

Well you can't please everyone, the only four teams whose fans are completely content and happy with the QB situation are probably New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and New Orleans. I'm not big on following the Cowboys but I imagine that most of their fans are smart enough to know that Romo sits to pee is far from their biggest problem. Obviously its an overstatement to say that if the Skins got Romo sits to pee that everyone would drop dead and swoon over him since he isn't elite (elite QBs are P. Manning, Brees and Brady IMO) and can't turn the franchise around just like that. He is simply a slightly above average QB who can win it for you by himself but also lose it for you by himself. His huge #s will wow you and his constant mistakes will befuddle you. Plus, I think if Jason Campbell was playing on say the Seattle Seahawks then the poster wouldn't have put him as a top 11 QB, just IMO tho.

tr1 loves jabbing Cowboys fans like that lol :yes:...no doubt in my mind that he already knew that including Campbell on his list would rile 'em up...as well as, if someone really wanted to, I suppose they could make a case for Campbell being...well, that there's not this huge chasm between the two players, let's just say lol :cool:

In all fairness, you could really say that about any team and any fanbase. Here:

Skins fans are about fed up with Jason Campbell...take a look at fan reaction after their last 4 games last year

Exactly!

Fans tend to suffer from "grass is greener syndrome."

Especially when it comes to qb.

I'll use some of the already-existing criticisms heard in the Stadium forum and apply them to the scenario of Romo sits to pee being the Skins' starting QB and if he played for us the same way he's played so far for the Cowboys:

"The guy looks good, then throws an inexplicable INT right at the very worst time!!"

"Until he can win a big game, he's nothing more than average..."

"I guess you Romo sits to pee worshippers are happy with a mere playoff birth and an immediate loss in the first game. Well, some of us REAL Redskins fans will only settle for a Super Bowl."

"I still haven't forgiven him for the botched hold in the playoffs in 2006..."

"Who cares how he did in the first half of the season? It's the second half of the season that matters most, and that's when Romo sits to pee falls short!"

(If Collins took over for him in 2007 like he took over for Campbell): "Is it any wonder that the one year Romo sits to pee was replaced due to injury, the team has a WINNING RECORD IN DECEMBER?...This team could really do some damage with an actual GOOD QB instead of the overhyped Romo sits to pee."

"God, if they show ONE more shot of Jessica Simpson..."

"We should trade Romo sits to pee while his stock is still high, and go after Sanchez, or recoup some of our lost draft picks...let Todd Collins start for a season or two."

"Colt Brennan appears to have "It" just as much as Romo sits to pee does...I'd rather see what Colt can do instead of being let down once again at the end of the season or watch Romo sits to pee choke away another playoff game..."

:applause:

I'm not big on following the Cowboys but I imagine that most of their fans are smart enough to know that Romo sits to pee is far from their biggest problem.

I watch the pukes religiously.

Trust me, Romo sits to pee is the problem (delight, for me!)

:rotflmao:

As the pressure mounts for the guy, his performance declines.

Did anyone notice the pukes didn't make the playoffs last year?

I watch the pukes religiously.

there was a thread started recently asking what posters would do if their favourite team folded. I think that a more relevant question for you is what would you do if the Cowboys folded? Honest question. Just as the construct of Christianity needs the Devil to give meaning to God, I believe that you need the Cowboys as a foil for the Redskins. Am I wrong?

there was a thread started recently asking what posters would do if their favourite team folded. I think that a more relevant question for you is what would you do if the Cowboys folded? Honest question. Just as the construct of Christianity needs the Devil to give meaning to God, I believe that you need the Cowboys as a foil for the Redskins. Am I wrong?

You weren't here in 2005 were you?

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Palmer

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Eli

10. Warner

11. Rodgers

12. Campbell

If Flacco had another year under his belt, he'd be in the list.

Tr1, i missed you.

Romo sits to pee is about #9 on that list.

1. Peyton

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Big Ben

5. Mcnabb

6. Palmer

7. Warner

8. Rivers.

9. Romo sits to pee.

and the rest dont' matter.:dallasuck

Tr1, i missed you.

Romo sits to pee is about #9 on that list.

1. Peyton

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Big Ben

5. Mcnabb

6. Palmer

7. Warner

8. Rivers.

9. Romo sits to pee.

and the rest dont' matter.:dallasuck

Kevin, I haven't missed you.

Romo sits to pee is an average NFL qb...nothing more...nothing less.

For arguments sake, I'll give you the top 11.

But please, instead of a simple hit and run post, actually elaborate and explain to the masses your position that Campbell is better than Romo sits to pee.

Please.

I'm not saying he's better...just that I prefer his game management and demeanor much, much more than Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee is a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Take a look at him on the sidelines when his team is ahead by 14 vs. when it's down by 14. He is NO leader.

As for him taking the field, your team generally has a -10 point swing you'll have to overcome because of his inability to manage the football.

Oh, and did I mention that TO has had a lot to do with his perceived success?

Should JC ever be given a quality #1 receiver and a right tackle that can pass protect, it'll be quite obvious to you why Campbell is a guy most would prefer to Romo sits to pee.

When the team was playing well around Campbell during the first six weeks last year, the superlatives were coming from everywhere...even from puke fans.

Just the facts.

I truly believe this is a realistic statement: Tony Romo sits to pee will never be as good as his hype, Jason Campbell still can be.

I don't disagree, but you've got to think about why a undrafted free agent from a 1-AA school has more hype than a first round draft pick from an SEC powerhouse.

Because the media loves Dallas.

The media also loves when some young kid from nowhere takes over a losing team, posts a season (and now career) rating over 90 in a downfield passing attack (i.e. not a westcoast system which historicly pad QB numbers over more aggressive schemes), and drags them into the playoffs.

Tony needs to cut down on his boneheaded plays and turnovers, but the fact is the man scores alot of TDs and puts up phenominal numbers for any quarterback.

The Cowboys have been blessed with a number of great quarterbacks through the years, and Romo sits to pee has already shattered most of their passing records including TDs in a season, yards in a season, 300 yard games in a career.

Romo sits to pee gets alot of flak for not having won a playoff game but he's a very good (not elite) QB, the scores in those playoff games didn't read Giants 21 Romo sits to pee 17 or Seahawks 21 Romo sits to pee 20. Alot of the comments people make about Romo sits to pee are the same ones they made about Peyton Manning when he lost his first 3 playoff games.

Tony needs to cut down on his boneheaded plays and turnovers, but the fact is the man scored alot of TDs and put up phenominal numbers for any quarterback.

There, I fixed it for you. Without TO, Romo sits to pee will become Romordinary.

Because the media loves Dallas.

And because he's been very good up to this point in his career.

Is he Peyton Manning? No. But he is an undrafted FA that the Cowboys got to experiment with for nothing. He's already overachieved by a lot for an undrafted free agent so I'm not sure what type of hype you're talking about that he won't live up to.

He's already surpassed the expectations by a long shot.

There, I fixed it for you. Without TO, Romo sits to pee will become Romordinary.

This is entirely possible, 2009 will be a watershed year for both Romo sits to pee and the Cowboys. It's been shown the huge drop off in quarterback production post TO in a few threads already, but TO was already declining noticably last year so my opinion is that Romo sits to pee's reduction in effectiveness will be far less then when Garcia and McNabb lost him in his prime as a target. I also think Tony's tunover rate will decrease as he stops attempting to force the ball to TO all the time in an attempt to satisfy TO's ego. This is of course my optimistic cowboy's fan opinion so I don't expect it to be shared by most members of this board so in the end we'll really have to wait for the season to start...which can't happen soon enough.

And because he's been very good up to this point in his career.

Is he Peyton Manning? No. But he is an undrafted FA that the Cowboys got to experiment with for nothing. He's already overachieved by a lot for an undrafted free agent so I'm not sure what type of hype you're talking about that he won't live up to.

He's already surpassed the expectations by a long shot.

Did you expect to see him go deep in the playoffs? Did you expect him to lead them to a superbowl? You know you did. And the media did too. Those expectations. That hype.

Archived