Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

As much as I don't want to say it I kind of agree with the 0-10 thing. Romo sits to pee will throw INTs at the most horrific times. Sometimes we'll be in easy FG range only to lose 3 potential points due to a forced ball. So perhaps it's not always 0-10 in their favor, but blown point opportunities for our team.

But INT's ARE a part of the game, they will happen. And if you ask most Cowboy fans they'll happily take the TD/INT Ratio Romo sits to pee provides, but the problem I've always had wasn't the # of INT's, but the timing on some of them.

I wonder if there are any studies on this "consistency" theory for the quarterback.

I know there's one concerning runningbacks where you'd rather have a runningback who consistently gets 4 yards per carry than a runningback who averages 4 yards per carry by having a bunch of 1 yard carries followed by a 40 yard run.

Regardless, Romo sits to pee seems to have finally taken some issue with the reckless style of play that has too high of a risk to be worth it. The entertainment value can't be beaten when Romo sits to pee scrambles around evading would be sackers to throw a TD, but I think Romo sits to pee finally realizes that not every single situation warrants that kind of carelessness, only to have the ball fumbled away. This offseason he is picking up on that, finally, and us Cowboys fans may be in for a QB who can actually manage a game and produce at the same time.

This offseason he is SAYING he is picking up on that, but when it counts, will he revert back to the same mistakes? I don't know if he can change his style of play. It's what Dallas fans love and hate about him but I don't see it changing really.

Be for real, the top 12 QBs in the league go like this:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. McNabb

7. Warner

8. Eli

9. Romo sits to pee

10. Cutler

11. Rodgers

12. Palmer

Campbell is somewhere in the 18-20 range../

Palmer should be higher but i can understand if your basing it off last year, he was hurt.

This offseason he is SAYING he is picking up on that, but when it counts, will he revert back to the same mistakes? I don't know if he can change his style of play. It's what Dallas fans love and hate about him but I don't see it changing really.

I haven't seen anything from him that suggests a real change. I think the kid has maturity issues and doesn't take his profession seriously.

Obviously I am hoping that will change.

Out of touch with reality? You're the one who said a QB that was drafted in the 1st round, hasn't thrown for more than 13 TDs in a season, has a career QB rating of 80, is afraid to throw the ball down field, has a losing record as a starter, and hasn't led his team to the playoffs is better than a QB that has won a division title in his first full year starting, gone to the playoffs, owns 4 Cowboy records, thrown for 36 TDs and has a career QB rating of 95. You believe that but yet, I'm the one out of touch with reality? Face it, there's no way to spin it, Jason Campbell is not as good as Romo sits to pee. It's obvious that Vinny and Danny share my views.

Jason Campbell is J.P. Losman part deux.

The Cowboys and Redskins play similar schedules right? If Romo sits to pee gets huge numbers against inferior opponents, why doesn't Campbell do the same? Oh right, he doesn't want to. He likes having the front office try and go after other QBs due to his sub-par performances.

I guess tr1 doesn't want to respond to this.

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. McNabb

7. Warner

8. Eli

9. Romo sits to pee

10. Cutler

11. Rodgers

12. Palmer

I'd switch Brees and Roethlisberger and then I pretty much agree with you.

I think Brees is a way better QB than Big Ben, but Ben's got a hell of a defense to help him out.

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. McNabb

7. Warner

8. Eli

9. Romo sits to pee

10. Cutler

11. Rodgers

12. Palmer

Golly, I guess I knew everything when I was 17, too.

Thanks for the enlightening, fella.

This tr1 guy sure does seem to love his Redskins and I disagree 100% with Campbell at #12, but..

As much as I don't want to say it I kind of agree with the 0-10 thing. Romo sits to pee will throw INTs at the most horrific times. Sometimes we'll be in easy FG range only to lose 3 potential points due to a forced ball. So perhaps it's not always 0-10 in their favor, but blown point opportunities for our team.

But INT's ARE a part of the game, they will happen. And if you ask most Cowboy fans they'll happily take the TD/INT Ratio Romo sits to pee provides, but the problem I've always had wasn't the # of INT's, but the timing on some of them.

All INT's, of course aren't the fault of the QB. Bad route running, tipped balls, etc. I've never known TO to be a WR you throw up a jump ball to, for whoever said that earlier on. RW is that kind of WR, not TO.

Regardless, Romo sits to pee seems to have finally taken some issue with the reckless style of play that has too high of a risk to be worth it. The entertainment value can't be beaten when Romo sits to pee scrambles around evading would be sackers to throw a TD, but I think Romo sits to pee finally realizes that not every single situation warrants that kind of carelessness, only to have the ball fumbled away. This offseason he is picking up on that, finally, and us Cowboys fans may be in for a QB who can actually manage a game and produce at the same time.

Hmmm...a puke fan with an articulate, well-thought response who disagrees with me without resorting to a personal attack.

Welcome to ATN.

I'm sticking with Romo sits to pee breaking your heart more than making you happy in the near future. He has less talent around him.

If it wasn't for Greg Ellis, Romo sits to pee would be less than ordinary.

:)

And golly, lookie here...a puke fan who thinks he's made a funny.

Problem is, you'll miss Ellis immediately this fall.

And golly, lookie here...a puke fan who thinks he's made a funny.

Problem is, you'll miss Ellis immediately this fall.

:)

I'm not going to disagree with you. At some point this season we probably will miss him. Like I've said before, the salary that Ellis was scheduled to make for OUR team greatly exceeded the production that we would PROBABLY get during this upcoming year.

Also, I think that he would have hampered the development of our current unkowns (which is every DE/OLB-hybrid on the squad outside of Ware). I'm hoping that two seasons from now we'll be able to look back and say that his release was a good move.

Golly, I guess I knew everything when I was 17, too.

Thanks for the enlightening, fella.

So just because you're older than me, that makes you right? You still haven't given me a reason why a QB with a losing record, inferior stats, no playoff experience is better than a QB that's the polar opposite of that.

BTW except for 56 yards and 3 td passes, Campbell's overall regular season stats were much better than your #3 choice :thumbsup:
The # 3 choice also has 2 rings in five years and also threw 32 Touchdowns in 2007 which is 3 less then Campbell has thrown his entire career. Dont even compare Campbell to Big Ben, Big Ben has proven he can put up Tds if need be and proven he can win Big games, something our Qb has yet to prove.

Saying Campbell is better then Romo sits to pee is absurd. Give me a call when Campbell leads the Skins to a 13-3 record and throws 36 Tds. Yea he throws Ints but the dude also throws a hell of alot of Tds. I would take the risk of Romo sits to pee over the gun shy Campbell any day of the week. Its put up or shut up time for Campbell because I am tired of not having a franchise Qb and watching other teams actually score those touchdown things.

The only time the skins have resembled a real looking offense in the past few years is when Collins played. If your only reason to say Campbell is better than Romo sits to pee is because he doesnt throw Ints thats sad. Unless we have the 2000 Ravens defense were not winning with a qb that doesnt throw Tds. We dont have enough talent.

actually he was ranked 16th

his int ratio was #1

BTW except for 56 yards and 3 td passes, Campbell's overall regular season stats were much better than your #3 choice :thumbsup:

Of course his INTs were low. That's what happens when you play timid and check down. Notice that even though Campbell has a better INT ratio, he also has a losing record as a starter, could that have anything to do with him playing timid?

Campbell needs to open it up this year, no doubt. Flip what the HC is saying. Just go play ball Campbell. Let the chips fall were they may.

He will actually be in the same system for the 1st time in his career. So I predict he can improve his tds by 8-10. Would be more if the Skins didn't run so much. His ints will also go up w/ more chances taken down field. I predict about 5-7more ints.

He still needs to get a playoff win to be considered top 12 imho.

So just because you're older than me, that makes you right? You still haven't given me a reason why a QB with a losing record, inferior stats, no playoff experience is better than a QB that's the polar opposite of that.

Oh, but I have.

Campbell takes care of the ball...Romo sits to pee doesn't.

And, have you had a chance to read up about Danny White? When you answer that question, which I asked you many posts ago, get back to me.

Saying Campbell is better then Romo sits to pee is absurd.

What is Romo sits to pee better at? Throwing for glam stats after games are over? Guaranteeing a choking effort in big games...(btw, he's really only won a couple of key games against teams with winning records.) Is he better because he's a scratch golfer? He dates a celeb? Turnovers?

Please, take an anti-hype pill. You're beginning to accept the propaganda.

Of course his INTs were low. That's what happens when you play timid and check down. Notice that even though Campbell has a better INT ratio, he also has a losing record as a starter, could that have anything to do with him playing timid?

I love the excuses when we point out Campbell leads the league in a stat.

:rotflmao:

Protecting the ball is the most important job of a qb. Period. It assures you of being in most games.

Why do we have to go through Football 101 with so many here.

I love the excuses when we point out Campbell leads the league in a stat.

:rotflmao:

Protecting the ball is the most important job of a qb. Period. It assures you of being in most games.

Why do we have to go through Football 101 with so many here.

Scoring matters too though, and even though Campbell has played with a top tier D and one of the best RB's, and doesn't turn it over he still doesn't win. I'd say that yeah, there's a problem, he's just not any good.

Oh, but I have.

Campbell takes care of the ball...Romo sits to pee doesn't.

And, have you had a chance to read up about Danny White? When you answer that question, which I asked you many posts ago, get back to me.

Taking care of the ball and not taking risks has gotten Campbell where? It's gotten him a losing record as a starter. Talk all you want about him not throwing INTs, but not throwing INTs does not equal wins. Heck, J.P. Losman has had better seasons than Campbell.

I'm sorry, I must have skipped over reading your questions about Danny White. He was a pretty good QB/punter for the Cowboys after Staubach retired. He led the Cowboys to a couple NFC championship games but never got it done, kinda like some other good QBs.

But really, implying that I'm a fair weather fan is kinda dumb considering I was about 5 when the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl.

Archived