Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

Dude, you can't be serious. Romo sits to pee led his team to a 13-3 season, division title, a 1st round bye, and set multiple team records in his 1st full season starting and you're going to say that Tavaris Jackson, J.P. Losman, Shaun Hill, and Jason Campbell are better than him? Nevermind the fact that they haven't had half as good a season that Romo sits to pee has or the fact that they've never even been to the playoffs, they are better than him because Romo sits to pee is 0-2 in the playoffs. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Seriously.
Regular season stats don't mean a whole lot to me. Tony Romo sits to pee threw 26 TD's and 14 INT's with a 91.4 QBR last year. Big Ben threw 17 TD's and 15 INT's with a 80.1 QBR. Who had the better season? Romo sits to pee has lead the most talented team in the NFL over the last few seasons and failed miserably with it. At least Jackson, Hill, Campbell, and Losman have struggled win playoff games on teams with mediocre or worse talent. What's Romo sits to pee's excuse?
I guess no one told Namath, Marino, and both Mannings that if you start out 0-2 in the playoffs then you suck and you'll never win in the playoffs.
Namath won the Superbowl during his first trip to the playoffs. Marino started out 0-1. Eli and Peyton were much younger players then than Romo sits to pee was when he failed to win his playoff games. It's unfair to compare second year QB's to a seasoned veteran QB in his 5th season in the league.

10td to 6ints in 7 gms, as a 1st time starter at the age of 24, thats not to shabby.

His ratings have gotten better in each of his last 3 seasons.

His Qb rating has improved from 76.5 to a 84.3 over 3 seasons.

Seriously. I would like to see stats of how many of those passes were 5 yards and shorted. I guarantee you it is above 60%

Seriously. I would like to see stats of how many of those passes were 5 yards and shorted. I guarantee you it is above 60%

He'e got to show something to me this season, he needs to be able to make plays when the pocket breaks down, look for that deep play more often. The better protection he gets, the longer those passes will be. Its not like he doesn't have the arm to throw deep, lol.

I feel he will get better, just like he has done for 3yrs in a row now.

Ummm... Are you just blatantly making up numbers? I'm not even going to bother to look up the real stats because yours are too ridiculous to even dignify with that much effort. The only way Peyton Manning could have lost his first 8 playoff games is if he had made the playoffs every single season of his career and lost each and every time up until his Superbowl season.

Right off hand, I know that Peyton has a 7-8 playoff record so, you're right that's not possible. He would have had to go to the playoffs his rookie year (in which his team finished 3-13) and have won 7 playoff games in the year that he won the Superbowl.

Last year, Dallas had the best pass rushing team in the NFL...

Lol, that makes the last game in Texas Stadium even better. :evilg:

I guess no one told Namath, Marino, and both Mannings that if you start out 0-2 in the playoffs then you suck and you'll never win in the playoffs.

Didn't Peyton Manning get to the conference championship game in his second year?

The other "fact" you didn't mention is that just about every Redskin fan would prefer Romo sits to pee over Campbell if they had to choose one for their QB.

HeHate-

Once he's worn the star, he's not welcome on my team. I'd pass on DeMarcus Ware. Not kidding. Doesn't matter what they bring to the table, I simply believe they'd be a waste of the B&G's time.

Didn't Peyton Manning get to the conference championship game in his second year?

Nah, I don't think Peyton Manning won a playoff game until his 4th trip to the postseason...but what people tend to forget was that Manning was getting criticized for not getting any wins in the playoffs up until that point. He was getting the "overhyped" label as well. Of course, two big differences is that Manning was never the QB of the "most talented team in the NFL" lol...and Peyton was actually playing well in December, and had winning records in December as well.

HeHate-

Once he's worn the star, he's not welcome on my team. I'd pass on DeMarcus Ware. Not kidding. Doesn't matter what they bring to the table, I simply believe they'd be a waste of the B&G's time.

I wouldn't choose Romo sits to pee over Campbell right now...sorry, but as much as some Skins fans doubt JC's ability to score, I doubt Romo sits to pee's ability to not fold in the important games as well as his ability to not turn the ball over at costly moments.

Regular season stats don't mean a whole lot to me. Tony Romo sits to pee threw 26 TD's and 14 INT's with a 91.4 QBR last year. Big Ben threw 17 TD's and 15 INT's with a 80.1 QBR. Who had the better season? Romo sits to pee has lead the most talented team in the NFL over the last few seasons and failed miserably with it. At least Jackson, Hill, Campbell, and Losman have struggled win playoff games on teams with mediocre or worse talent. What's Romo sits to pee's excuse?

Why didn't the Cowboys just start Brad Johnson? He's won a playoff game. That makes him the better QB in your logic. :doh:

Namath won the Superbowl during his first trip to the playoffs. Marino started out 0-1. Eli and Peyton were much younger players then than Romo sits to pee was when he failed to win his playoff games. It's unfair to compare second year QB's to a seasoned veteran QB in his 5th season in the league.

You're wrong about Namath. It took him 4 years to win one. And no, Peyton was about the same age as Romo sits to pee when he won his first playoff game.

Why didn't the Cowboys just start Brad Johnson? He's won a playoff game. That makes him the better QB in your logic. :doh:

I love Romo sits to pee defenders...they're so out of touch with reality, it's comical.

Romo sits to pee has produced most of his numbers against inferior teams. I believe the pukes played maybe three teams with winning records during one year Romo sits to pee was the qb...it was something ridiculous like that.

You still haven't told me if you know who Danny White was.

Romo sits to pee is Danny White II, without any post-season wins.

I love Romo sits to pee defenders...they're so out of touch with reality, it's comical.

Romo sits to pee has produced most of his numbers against inferior teams. I believe the pukes played maybe three teams with winning records during one year Romo sits to pee was the qb...it was something ridiculous like that.

You still haven't told me if you know who Danny White was.

Romo sits to pee is Danny White II, without any post-season wins.

Out of touch with reality? You're the one who said a QB that was drafted in the 1st round, hasn't thrown for more than 13 TDs in a season, has a career QB rating of 80, is afraid to throw the ball down field, has a losing record as a starter, and hasn't led his team to the playoffs is better than a QB that has won a division title in his first full year starting, gone to the playoffs, owns 4 Cowboy records, thrown for 36 TDs and has a career QB rating of 95. You believe that but yet, I'm the one out of touch with reality? Face it, there's no way to spin it, Jason Campbell is not as good as Romo sits to pee. It's obvious that Vinny and Danny share my views.

Jason Campbell is J.P. Losman part deux.

The Cowboys and Redskins play similar schedules right? If Romo sits to pee gets huge numbers against inferior opponents, why doesn't Campbell do the same? Oh right, he doesn't want to. He likes having the front office try and go after other QBs due to his sub-par performances.

Out of touch with reality? You're the one who said a QB that was drafted in the 1st round, hasn't thrown for more than 13 TDs in a season, has a career QB rating of 80, is afraid to throw the ball down field, has a losing record as a starter, and hasn't led his team to the playoffs is better than a QB that has won a division title in his first full year starting, gone to the playoffs, owns 4 Cowboy records, thrown for 36 TDs and has a career QB rating of 95. You believe that but yet, I'm the one out of touch with reality? Face it, there's no way to spin it, Jason Campbell is not as good as Romo sits to pee. It's obvious that Vinny and Danny share my views.

Well that about wraps it up. :whoknows:

I don't know. Both Romo sits to pee and Brad were 1-2 in their last three games with the Cowboys in 2008. At least with Brad Johnson, Dallas would be getting a guy who has proven he can win in the postseason.
You're wrong about Namath. It took him 4 years to win one.
True. But Namath didn't choke away the opportunity once he got it.
It's obvious that Vinny and Danny share my views.
LOL. Is that supposed to support or discredit ideas?

I don't know. Both Romo sits to pee and Brad were 1-2 in their last three games with the Cowboys in 2008. At least with Brad Johnson, Dallas would be getting a guy who has proven he can win in the postseason.

Really? Now you're going to argue that Brad Johnson is better than Romo sits to pee? Did you see Johnson play? Really? I can't believe anyone is trying to argue that.

Carson Palmer has a losing record also and people are still all over him. Isn't it likely that Drew Brees might have a losing record as well?

People should be all over Palmer. IMO, he hasn't proven much. Brees however, is a superstud with a bad defense keeping his opponents in the game.

Nah, I don't think Peyton Manning won a playoff game until his 4th trip to the postseason...but what people tend to forget was that Manning was getting criticized for not getting any wins in the playoffs up until that point. He was getting the "overhyped" label as well. Of course, two big differences is that Manning was never the QB of the "most talented team in the NFL" lol...and Peyton was actually playing well in December, and had winning records in December as well.

You learn somethin new every day...

People should be all over Palmer. IMO, he hasn't proven much. Brees however, is a superstud with a bad defense keeping his opponents in the game.

Did you mean to type "shouldn't"? Because I was saying "all over" as in "they're so into him."

Be for real, the top 12 QBs in the league go like this:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. McNabb

7. Warner

8. Eli

9. Romo sits to pee

10. Cutler

11. Rodgers

12. Palmer

Campbell is somewhere in the 18-20 range../

You learn somethin new every day...

Did you mean to type "shouldn't"? Because I was saying "all over" as in "they're so into him."

Ah, I see now. I thought you meant they were dissing him. I think Palmer has the head for the NFL, but his body and his heart are still being proven for me.

This tr1 guy sure does seem to love his Redskins and I disagree 100% with Campbell at #12, but..

As much as I don't want to say it I kind of agree with the 0-10 thing. Romo sits to pee will throw INTs at the most horrific times. Sometimes we'll be in easy FG range only to lose 3 potential points due to a forced ball. So perhaps it's not always 0-10 in their favor, but blown point opportunities for our team.

But INT's ARE a part of the game, they will happen. And if you ask most Cowboy fans they'll happily take the TD/INT Ratio Romo sits to pee provides, but the problem I've always had wasn't the # of INT's, but the timing on some of them.

All INT's, of course aren't the fault of the QB. Bad route running, tipped balls, etc. I've never known TO to be a WR you throw up a jump ball to, for whoever said that earlier on. RW is that kind of WR, not TO.

Regardless, Romo sits to pee seems to have finally taken some issue with the reckless style of play that has too high of a risk to be worth it. The entertainment value can't be beaten when Romo sits to pee scrambles around evading would be sackers to throw a TD, but I think Romo sits to pee finally realizes that not every single situation warrants that kind of carelessness, only to have the ball fumbled away. This offseason he is picking up on that, finally, and us Cowboys fans may be in for a QB who can actually manage a game and produce at the same time.

Archived