Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

Meanwhile, Romo sits to pee has lead his team to the playoffs twice in two and a half years starting, won a division title and set multiple Cowboys records for passing. So there really is no argument here. Romo sits to pee is clearly better than Campbell.

Do you know who Danny White was in puke history...do some reading.

Romo sits to pee is part of the most talented team in the NFL, and he can't even win a playoff game. I think there is plenty of room for argument.

No there isn't any room for argument. The Cowboys lost in the divisional round to the eventual Super Bowl Champions by four points. Jason Campbell hasn't led his team to the playoffs yet and has had average to below average seasons in every year that he's played. There's really no argument you have. Romo sits to pee is better than Campbell. But humor me, try to come up with an argument in which Campbell is better than Romo sits to pee.

No there isn't any room for argument. The Cowboys lost in the divisional round to the eventual Super Bowl Champions by four points. Jason Campbell hasn't led his team to the playoffs yet and has had average to below average seasons in every year that he's played. There's really no argument you have. Romo sits to pee is better than Campbell. But humor me, try to come up with an argument in which Campbell is better than Romo sits to pee.
He's won just as many playoff games as Romo sits to pee. For a lot less money than Tony costs the Cowboys.

Campbell is head-and-shoulders above Romordinary in the most important category of all: Turnovers.

When Romordinary goes on the field, the score may as well read 0-10...because he's good for at least 10 opposition points.

You can keep that.

I thought the most important stat is wins. I guess you chose to ignore that because Romo sits to pee has more wins in his career than Campbell.

As for turnovers, I'm sure that he doesn't throw very many INTs due to the fact that he checks down every single play. And where have those checkdowns got him? Not in the playoffs. Spin all you want, but the fact stil remains, Campbell has done nothing in the NFL.

He's won just as many playoff games as Romo sits to pee. For a lot less money than Tony costs the Cowboys.

Campbell has won just as many playoff games as Carson Palmer, is he better than Palmer too?

Romo sits to pee's been to the 2nd round of the playoffs, Campbell hasn't even been to the playoffs. These are facts. I'll take the guy that's been there before over a guy who plays scared and hasn't.

Romo sits to pee's been to the 2nd round of the playoffs, Campbell hasn't even been to the playoffs. These are facts. I'll take the guy that's been there before over a guy who plays scared and hasn't.
I'd rather have a guy who can win one. Since neither has, I don't see much difference between them. Except Romo sits to pee has failed with a much more talented team while making several times more money.
Campbell has won just as many playoff games as Carson Palmer, is he better than Palmer too?

1. At least Campbell can make it through an entire game against the Giants' pass rush and still remain healthy.

2. Palmer has had two elite WR's for his entire career and failed to win a playoff game.

I'd rather have a guy who can win one. Since neither has, I don't see much difference between them. Except Romo sits to pee has failed with a much more talented team while making several times more money.

So you don't see much difference between Shaun Hill and Carson Palmer? Neither of them have won playoff games. Give me a break dude, there's more that goes into judging a QB than how many playoff games they've won in their first two years.If you did that, then a couple years ago, Campbell would have been just as good as Peyton Manning. If you can't see the difference between Romo sits to pee and Campbell, then you need a seeing eye dog. Seriously.

1. At least Campbell can make it through an entire game against the Giants' pass rush and still remain healthy.

2. Palmer has had two elite WR's for his entire career and failed to win a playoff game.

When did Romo sits to pee ever come out of the game against the Giants? And what does that have to do with Campbell being better than Romo sits to pee? Are you say he's more durable? Who was the guy that got injured in week 14 when his team was down and out only to have a 59 year old QB rejuvenate them?

Yeah, Palmer has had Housh and Chad and he hasn't won a playoff game. But yet in this thread, no one has argued that he's not better than Romo sits to pee, Campbell or any QB that won a playoff game that tr1 ranked him ahead of.

So you don't see much difference between Shaun Hill and Carson Palmer? Neither of them have won playoff games. Give me a break dude, there's more that goes into judging a QB than how many playoff games they've won in their first two years.If you did that, then a couple years ago, Campbell would have been just as good as Peyton Manning. If you can't see the difference between Romo sits to pee and Campbell, then you need a seeing eye dog. Seriously.
If Romo sits to pee were in his second year in the league, I would give him a break. Or heck, even if he were in his third year like Shaun Hill, who was 5-3 on a pitiful 49ers team last season. But entering his seventh season? There aren't any excuses left for Romo sits to pee. The simple fact of the matter is he hasn't gotten the job done.

You might want to add that Romo sits to pee did win the NFC East in 2007 to your argument...that's really enough of a reason.

I don't see why Campbell can't eventually be a very good quarterback, but I can't be convinced that Campbell is the better QB than Romo sits to pee.

When did Romo sits to pee ever come out of the game against the Giants? And what does that have to do with Campbell being better than Romo sits to pee? Are you say he's more durable? Who was the guy that got injured in week 14 when his team was down and out only to have a 59 year old QB rejuvenate them?
I was talking about Palmer.
Yeah, Palmer has had Housh and Chad and he hasn't won a playoff game. But yet in this thread, no one has argued that he's not better than Romo sits to pee, Campbell or any QB that won a playoff game that tr1 ranked him ahead of.
Because this thread isn't about the other QB's. I don't agree with a number of the rankings on tr1's list, but this thread is clearly about Campbell vs. Romo sits to pee.
You might want to add that Romo sits to pee did win the NFC East in 2007 to your argument...that's really enough of a reason.
So did Danny Kannell in 1997.

But by this line of thinking, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson would be better than Dan Marino since they won Superbowls while he didn't.

Plenty of scrubs have won multiple playoff games and even Superbowls. Football is a team sport. You can't judge how good a player is in the middle of their career by how many playoff games their TEAM has won.

But by this line of thinking, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson would be better than Dan Marino since they won Superbowls while he didn't.
In 18 playoff games, the Dolphins only lost once when Marino had a passer rating of 80 or above. In addition, he was 1-7 away from Miami during the postseason. I've never understood why Marino gets a free pass for his team's failures. But still, at least he could win playoff games, albeit only the ones at home.

Brad Johnson did a pretty good job in 2002. He had a 93 rating during the regular season and an 80 rating throughout the playoffs. He did his job well that season.

If Romo sits to pee were in his second year in the league, I would give him a break. Or heck, even if he were in his third year like Shaun Hill, who was 5-3 on a pitiful 49ers team last season. But entering his seventh season? There aren't any excuses left for Romo sits to pee. The simple fact of the matter is he hasn't gotten the job done.

Actually, Shaun Hill is older than Romo sits to pee. And the fact of the matter remains that Campbell has done nothing, absolutely nothing to merit him being ranked over Romo sits to pee. The best you can come up with is "They've won the same ammount of playoff games" and that argument is weak. Patrick Crayton and Anthony Henry lost the divisional game for the Cowboys. Terry Glenn and Tony Romo sits to pee the holder lost the game for the Cowboys in Seattle.

Because this thread isn't about the other QB's. I don't agree with a number of the rankings on tr1's list, but this thread is clearly about Campbell vs. Romo sits to pee.

Actually, this thread is about 12 QBs that are better than Romo sits to pee, and Palmer was ranked ahead of Campbell and Romo sits to pee, but you say nothing about that. Same goes with Cutler.

And going by your logic, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, ect... are all better than Romo sits to pee because they have won the same ammount of playoff games. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

I'd much rather face Danny Kannell than Tony Romo sits to pee, that's a certainty.

I like to root against the guy because he's a Cowboy, and quite frankly, he rubs me the wrong way, but I still think he's a heck of a QB. This was his 2nd to 3rd year as a starter? How did Eli Manning do in his third full year as a starter?

The Cowboys were 1-2 without him last year, and while you can make what you will about those last 4 games of the season last year, but those were some tough teams and superior defenses.

My point is, he lost to the Super Bowl champs 1 year, and the next, got a tremendous beat down by 4 of the best teams in the league, all in a row. After that, talking about playoffs and what not, has no merit to me.

If he can't get the Cowboys to the playoffs this year though, then consider me wrong.

Actually, Shaun Hill is older than Romo sits to pee. And the fact of the matter remains that Campbell has done nothing, absolutely nothing to merit him being ranked over Romo sits to pee. The best you can come up with is "They've won the same ammount of playoff games" and that argument is weak. Patrick Crayton and Anthony Henry lost the divisional game for the Cowboys. Terry Glenn and Tony Romo sits to pee the holder lost the game for the Cowboys in Seattle.
Oops my bad, you're right. Shaun Hill is just as bad as Romo sits to pee. But I can understand why a Cowboys fan would have the opinion you do when it comes to postseason success.
And going by your logic, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, ect... are all better than Romo sits to pee because they have won the same ammount of playoff games. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?
Why? Romo sits to pee has had a much more talented team than any of these players and has had just as much postseason success. I'd rather go with the cheaper option at QB and bolster my team in some other area.

Any coincidence that the Redskins playoff run occurred when Collins and NOT Campbell was at QB?

Makes you wonder.

Not really,

not wondering like Dallas fans are wondering about Romo sits to pee.

Campbell is capable of winning games, he started 6-2 last season, two hundred 50 sumthin consecutive passes w/o a pick. Really the O-line disappointed more than any other part of the team down the stretch last season. Jansen was cut for a good reason. He got beat alot last season on passing downs.

Like i said before, Campbell has to prove he is a playoff capable qb. He needs to win in the postseason. I belive he will.

Now Romo sits to pee is still a middle of the pack Qb. He has already reached his ceiling w/ T.O. Now he will start to come back to reality this season. His numbers are going to degress, unlike Campbell, who is progressing. How will Romo sits to pee respond after struggling w/o having a weapon like T.O.

Right now i put Campbell right below Romo sits to pee. I'd still keep Campbell at this point b/c he hasn't reached his ceiling of potential yet and I like how he has made very few mistakes, like picks, fumbles, etc.

This will be his 1st time ever running the same system 2yrs in a row. So his pass pct should be better.

You forgot to mention that one stayed healthy while playing the Giants... as if that idiotic statement has anything at all to do with who the better QB is.

Its getting pretty amusing watching him scramble for any reason he can think of to rank Campbell above Romo sits to pee.

Why? Romo sits to pee has had a much more talented team than any of these players and has had just as much postseason success. I'd rather go with the cheaper option at QB and bolster my team in some other area.

Dude, you can't be serious. Romo sits to pee led his team to a 13-3 season, division title, a 1st round bye, and set multiple team records in his 1st full season starting and you're going to say that Tavaris Jackson, J.P. Losman, Shaun Hill, and Jason Campbell are better than him? Nevermind the fact that they haven't had half as good a season that Romo sits to pee has or the fact that they've never even been to the playoffs, they are better than him because Romo sits to pee is 0-2 in the playoffs. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Seriously.

I guess no one told Namath, Marino, and both Mannings that if you start out 0-2 in the playoffs then you suck and you'll never win in the playoffs.

Right now i put Campbell right below Romo sits to pee. I'd still keep Campbell at this point b/c he hasn't reached his ceiling of potential yet and I like how he has made very few mistakes, like picks, fumbles, etc.

This will be his 1st time ever running the same system 2yrs in a row. So his pass pct should be better.

Campbell is borderline bust. He limits his mistakes? Huh? The first year he played, he threw 6 INTs to 10 TDs in 7 games. The 2nd year he played he went 12-11 not a very good ratio. Then last year in a check down offense, he only throws 13-6. That's not very much improvement. Definitely not acceptable for a 1st round QB, especially for a QB who has yet to even go to the playoffs.

The Redskins' front office know this, I know this, but some fans refuse to accept the fact that the Redskins showed that they didn't have very much faith in Campbell this offseason when they flirted with Cutler and Sanchez for a month.

Campbell is borderline bust. He limits his mistakes? Huh? The first year he played, he threw 6 INTs to 10 TDs in 7 games. The 2nd year he played he went 12-11 not a very good ratio. Then last year in a check down offense, he only throws 13-6. That's not very much improvement. Definitely not acceptable for a 1st round QB, especially for a QB who has yet to even go to the playoffs.

The Redskins' front office know this, I know this, but some fans refuse to accept the fact that the Redskins showed that they didn't have very much faith in Campbell this offseason when they flirted with Cutler and Sanchez for a month.

WoW! Woo, woo, wooo! What?

10td to 6ints in 7 gms, as a 1st time starter at the age of 24, thats not to shabby.

His ratings have gotten better in each of his last 3 seasons.

His Qb rating has improved from 76.5 to a 84.3 over 3 seasons.

Now this will be his 4th season as a starter, same system for 2yrs for the 1st time in his career. Im going to be honest, this will be a make or break year for Campbell. He has 35tds to 23ints, he has 36 games started which is equal to 2 1/4 seasons. Thats why right now Romo sits to pee is ahead of Campbell by 1 spot, not much, after this season, this could change.

I'll keep Campbell 1 more season to see what he does under the same system for 2yrs w/ really only 2 1/4 seasons played in his career.

Lets me ask, what would you say if Campbell improves his pass pct. just like he has every year at starter by about 3 1/2%, which is about his avg improvment over 3yrs?

gets about 545 more passing yds, his improvement from year 2 as starter to year 3?

Which means if he just improves as much as he has over last 3years on avg. as a starter.

He would have about 3,700yds passing about 14-18tds, 12-16ints about 63-65%pass pct.

That would be worth a new contract imho.

He has improved every year as a starter, and thats with a different system every year at starter. This will be his 1st time EVER, college and pros, using the same system for 2 seasons.

Bottom line, the tell tell sign that Campbell will get that big pay day from Danny Boy will be if he can win a playoff game, while doing all of the above.

I also belive if Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelley can live up to expectations, Campbell Tds will be in the twenties. I've always belived Santana would be better suited for the slot, i e. Wes Welker and moving the big athletic WR to the outside.

I belive Romo sits to pee and Campbell are in about the same boat. So whether i pick Romo sits to pee over Campbell or vice versa, neither one has a playoff win, or have at this point been inducted into hall of fame of any type.

My mind is subject to change if Campbell does what is expected. Lead us to wins, playoffs, and improving as a Qb. My Glass is half full on Campbell, not half empty. I can't say the same about Romo sits to pee.

I belive Romo sits to pee and Campbell are in about the same boat. So whether i pick Romo sits to pee over Campbell or vice versa, neither one has a playoff win, or have at this point been inducted into hall of fame of any type.

My mind is subject to change if Campbell does what is expected. Lead us to wins, playoffs, and improving as a Qb. My Glass is half full on Campbell, not half empty. I can't say the same about Romo sits to pee.

Ah, some wisdom.

Romo sits to pee has had the talent, the hype and the excuses...and what has he done? He's wilted EVERY time he's had the chance to step up and take his team to the promised land.

He's a turnover waiting to happen.

I suspect this is the year his defense turns on him.

Archived