Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

for somebody who likes to accuse Dallas fans of simply making excuses for Romo sits to pee, you seem to be the pot calling the kettle....

Were the Skins picked to go to the SB the last three years?

Was JC picked to be the 'best' qb in the NFCE for the last three years?

Did the press say JC had the best talent in the NFL around him?

There are no more excuses for Romo sits to pee. He's a failure. This year will be his demise.

And, I'll remind you of that until your last post in ATN.

:rotflmao:

BTW, in the future, please try harder.

for somebody who likes to accuse Dallas fans of simply making excuses for Romo sits to pee, you seem to be the pot calling the kettle....

:secret: You have to fail before you can make excuses.

see tr1's post above

JC improved greatly in his first full season, with him an entire offense in a new system (his third), and his fourth QB coach. He help guide a team many predicted to finish 6-10 or worse, to an 8-8 record. He had the best season a Skins QB has had in a decade, and unlike Romo sits to pee was a legit MVP candidate halfway through the season.

Just imagine how good a season he'd have if there wasn't so many injuries and Zorn put the handcuffs on because of them, going conservative play calling... that's just wondering, hoping for better things in 2009.

more excuses....how refreshing.

Skins fans can use the excuse of injuries, the coaching staff, and the play of the defense for Jason Campbell's lack of production and losing record, yet Cowboys' fans can't use the same excuse for Romo sits to pee's record in the playoffs. Interesting.

Skins fans can use the excuse of injuries, the coaching staff, and the play of the defense for Jason Campbell's lack of production and losing record, yet Cowboys' fans can't use the same excuse for Romo sits to pee's record in the playoffs. Interesting.

That cowboys team was more talented than the skins one. Let's at least be fair.

JC has a lot to prove. But Romo sits to pee should have been able to do more with what he had.

He had the best season a Skins QB has had in a decade, and unlike Romo sits to pee was a legit MVP candidate halfway through the season.

Jason Campbell 2008 Season

13Tds 6int 3245yds 84.3rtg

Mark Brunell 2005 Season

23Tds 10ints 3050yds 85.9rtg

Best season in a decade Bubba? Guess which Qb played in the playoffs that year. I know we havent had a great Qb in a long time but if you consider 13tds the best season a skins qb has had in a decade then wow. :laugh:

Mark Brunell 2005 Season

Best season in a decade Bubba? Guess which Qb played in the playoffs that year. I know we havent had a great Qb in a long time but if you consider 13tds the best season a skins qb has had in a decade then wow. :laugh:

out of his quote thats what stuck out to you? To me, it was the MVP candidate comment, thats some serious delusion right there.

out of his quote thats what stuck out to you? To me, it was the MVP candidate comment, thats some serious delusion right there.
Hell yea that stuck out to me, 13tds or 23hmmmmmm. As crazy as it does sound he was thought of by alot of people as an MVP candidate because we were 6-2, I personaly thought Portis was the better MVP candidate because he was on pace for almost 2000 yds.

Hell yea that stuck out to me, 13tds or 23hmmmmmm. As crazy as it does sound he was thought of by alot of people as an MVP candidate because we were 6-2, I personaly thought Portis was the better MVP candidate because he was on pace for almost 2000 yds.

absolutely!!!! Imma a Portis Fan, and at that pace he had my vote, dont take it the wrong way man, but im praying he hit a wall and all....because when Portis is on, there is non better, not even Adrian Peterson.

The Skins were 6-2 on Portis's back and that great Defense, and Campbell definitly helped with being careful with the ball and managing the game to darn near perfection...BUT MVP??? Thats serious CowboyZone type delusion fo Sho!!!

....because when Portis is on, there is non better, not even Adrian Peterson.

I know that this is a Skins board and it's customary to *inflate* the talents of their team to appease the members here...but really?

Dude. Come on. None better in the entire NFL?

I might agree with you circa 2003.

That cowboys team was more talented than the skins one. Let's at least be fair.

JC has a lot to prove. But Romo sits to pee should have been able to do more with what he had.

How do you see that ? From what I've read on this board the Redskins have better RBs, WRs, TE, and OL. Let's not even get into the two defenses.

I know that this is a Skins board and it's customary to *inflate* the talents of their team to appease the members here...but really?

Dude. Come on. None better in the entire NFL?

I might agree with you circa 2003.

Imma a portis fan really, he is a stud RB that can carry a load better then most, and if healthy and on his game best in the game, his numbers speak for themselves......

How do you see that ? From what I've read on this board the Redskins have better RBs, WRs, TE, and OL. Let's not even get into the two defenses.

Oh, you had talent...underachieving talent.

Choking dogs.

Mark Brunell 2005 Season

:doh: I was referring to yards but whatever, should have been more clear

keep beating the TD passes bull **** to death.... keep ignoring everything else :thumbsup:

Were the Skins picked to go to the SB the last three years?

Was JC picked to be the 'best' qb in the NFCE for the last three years?

Did the press say JC had the best talent in the NFL around him?

There are no more excuses for Romo sits to pee. He's a failure. This year will be his demise.

And, I'll remind you of that until your last post in ATN.

:rotflmao:

BTW, in the future, please try harder.

The real difference im picking up here is Romos had some success in his career, which caused him to become overhyped, while Campbells whole career has been relatively a failure to this point, which makes excuses for him ok?

Apologies, cant believe I didnt think of that earlier, we could of saved some time here. ;)

the more you post the more obvious your poke homerism becomes

go back and read several sports sites mid-season MVP picks, Campbell was on many.... because you don't want to admit it.... doesn't mean it's not true.

Skins 6-2, Zero interception.. beating the pokes and iggles on the road, comeback wins over the Cards and Saints (bomb to Moss)

Clark Judge

Jason Campbell, QB, Washington: Look at the quarterbacks in the NFC East, and tell me where would you put Campbell. No higher than fourth, right? Donovan McNabb? Tony Romo sits to pee? Eli? Campbell was out of his league. Yet look what he's done: Won six of his last seven starts and not thrown an interception all season. Welcome to the club, Jason. I'm not sure I might not give him MVP consideration.

3. Clinton Portis, Running Back, Washington Redskins

The Case for: Portis, the league's leading rusher, has over 170 more rushing yards than the NFL's second-best rusher, Minnesota's Adrian Peterson. He's the workhorse for an efficient Redskins offense.

The Case Against: Washington's only 6-2 and you could argue that quarterback Jason Campbell's been the even more valuable piece to the puzzle.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/football-column/midseason-nfl-mvp-110608#ixzz0LMKahJID&D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/77289-nfl-midseason-awards

NFL MVP: Phillip Rivers

He's been the best QB in football this season, as he leads the league in passer rating (107.8) and TD passes (19). And he's tossed more touchdowns than picks in every game but one this year.

While his Chargers are only 3-5, it's certainly not the fault of Rivers, who has their offense rolling despite a forgettable first half by LT.

Runner-Ups: Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Clinton Portis, and Jason Campbell.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/2008/10/midseason_award_winners_1.html

Jason Campbell, QB, Redskins. He has finally settled down and shown the Redskins why they invested a first-round pick in him. He still needs to throw a few more touchdowns (only has 8), but zero interceptions is huge.

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/11/03/redskins-v-steelers-pregame-ron-jaworski-on-jason-campbell/

Ron Jaworski on Jason Campbell

Posted on November 3, 2008 by Matt Terl

I had read where ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski had called Jason Campbell his mid-season NFL MVP, but I hadn’t had a chance to hear his reasoning behind it. So when I saw him on the field for pregame, after his appearance on PTI, I took a few minutes to ask him about it.

So did I correctly read that you’re calling Jason Campbell your mid-season MVP?

Absolutely, yeah.

Why is that?

When you look at the Redskins record of 6-2, I think he’s one of the main reasons for it. Clearly Clinton Portis is playing well, but when I looked at every game this weekend, I saw how much Jason has improved. And I saw the lack of mistakes he’s making orchestrating this offense. Getting them into the right protections, getting them into the right routes – very few quarterbacks in this league can handle an offense like that.

And not taking anything away from Clinton, who’s having a phenomenal year, but I just thought that the lack of turnovers, and the way he’s handling this offense right now, making big plays when they present themselves – Jason Campbell’s a big reason this team is 6-2.

I don't post something I can't back up... maybe you should try it

please start actually debating my points, with facts and logic instead of this waddle of making jack ass comments, and tangents to avoid the truth

:doh: I was referring to yards but whatever, should have been more clear

keep beating the TD passes bull **** to death.... keep ignoring everything else :thumbsup:

Lack of TD passes seems like a fairly reasonable criticism to level against JC. The Redskins D was 6th in the league in points allowed. Yet the Redskins still finished with -31 net points, because they scored the 5th fewest amount of points. The Raiders, Rams, Bengals, and Browns were the only teams that scored less.

It depends on how Campbell is factored into the discussion. If it's to protect him, the Skins have the worst supporting cast in the league.

Oh, could somebody tell me when the NFL starting handing out mid-season mvp awards? Why didn't Campbell get his?

Oh, could somebody tell me when the NFL starting handing out mid-season mvp awards? Why didn't Campbell get his?

:hysterical:

reading comprehension not your strong suit?

I said was JC was a serious MVP candidate at midseason....

which was 100% true.... trying to make smarky comments doesn't change the facts

Lack of TD passes seems like a fairly reasonable criticism to level against JC. The Redskins D was 6th in the league in points allowed. Yet the Redskins still finished with -31 net points, because they scored the 5th fewest amount of points. The Raiders, Rams, Bengals, and Browns were the only teams that scored less.

TD passes don't win ball games

in fact 4 playoff teams with 11+ wins all had QB's with 17 td passes or less

Steelers- Big Ben 17

Falcons- Ryan 16

Ravens- Flacco 14

Titans- Collins 12 (the leagues best team record)

When the Skins passed in the Red Zone JC was very efficient.

Like the Titans, the Skins liked to run the ball in the Red Zone.... Also they were in several close games, and spent many 4th quarters eating the clock , instead of padding stats in garbage time. When Campbell had to drive late, he usually preformed.

TD passes don't win ball games

in fact 4 playoff teams with 11+ wins all had QB's with 17 td passes or less

Steelers- Big Ben 17

Falcons- Ryan 16

Ravens- Flacco 14

Titans- Collins 12 (the leagues best team record)

When the Skins passed in the Red Zone JC was very efficient.

Like the Titans, the Skins liked to run the ball in the Red Zone.... Also they were in several close games, and spent many 4th quarters eating the clock , instead of padding stats in garbage time. When Campbell had to drive late, he usually preformed.

And when Tom Brady threw 50 TD passes, his team went 16-0. There is no one thing that wins football games.

But out of the Falcons, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, and Redskins, 3/5 of those teams scored 100+ more points than they allowed. And only the Redskins had negative net points. The Falcons were the closest at 66 net points. 8/12 playoff teams last year had at least 75 net points, and no playoff team scored less points than they allowed. It seems pretty reasonable to say the Skins didn't score enough in 2008.

It seems pretty reasonable to say the Skins didn't score enough in 2008.

no one said they didn't, but you were saying

Lack of TD passes seems like a fairly reasonable criticism to level against JC.

I was pointing out TD passes alone don't win games, nor does a QB need to throw a ton of TD passes to lead his teams to wins, or the playoffs. And it certainly not the Stat that defines a QB's ability.

Big Ben's regular season stats were worse than JC's except for 56 more yards and 3 more TD passes... but he's wearing a new ring, and considered a top 5 (3) QB

Yeah Brady had 50 td passes... but how many were game winners? and how many were stat padders in blow out wins? In fact the Pats were purposely running up scores, so Brady could break the record. (Unlike Manning.. who needing 1 pass to tie the record at home, kneeled down inside the five 4 times, in the final minute, instead of running up the score just to tie the record for the home crowd).

Would I love to see Campbell throw 35 TD passes?... Hell yeah, but TD passes don't define the ability of a QB, but it's the one stat all Campbell bashers harp on, while ignoring other stats that might suggest their wrong.

Nothing is always black or White, and you have to analyze them in context

Bubba, that would assume some football intelligence among those NFCE opponents' fans...

You know what happens when you assume...

no one said they didn't, but you were saying

I was pointing out TD passes don't win games, nor does a QB need to throw a ton of TD passes to lead his teams to wins, or the playoffs. Andit certainly doesn't define a QB's ability.

Big Ben's regular season stats were worse than JC's except for 56 more yards and 3 more TD passes... but he's wearing a new ring, and considered a top 5 (3) QB

Yeah Brady had 50 td passes... but how many were game winners? and how many were stat padders in blow out wins? In fact the Pats were purposely running up scores, so Brady could break the record. (Unlike Manning.. who needing 1 pass to tie the record at home, kneeled down inside the five 4 times, in the final minute, instead of running up the score just to tie the record for the home crowd).

Would I love to see Campbell throw 35 TD passes?... Hell yeah, but TD passes don't define the ability of a QB, but it's the one stat all Campbell bashers harp on, while ignoring other stats that might suggest their wrong.

Hate to agree with Bubba in a thread with such a ridiculous title....but I do.

People cry all of the time about a lack of TD passes for certain QBs. Aikman comes to mind.

People also cry about turnovers. Romo sits to pee and Favre come to mind.

I would much rather have Aikman than either Favre or Romo sits to pee. Of course, I'd much rather have Steve Young than all three of them. :)

My biggest problem with Campbell has been his lack of ability to *create* a play when the designed play is interrupted. I really don't think that he is capable of thinking quickly when things break down. Now, that might very well be the result of inexperience in the 20-something offenses that he's had to endure. It could also be that he's incapable of improvising.

Aikman wasn't able to do much improvising as his physical abilities didn't allow him to do much other than fall down or throw it away when the play failed. I don't believe that Campbell lacks that athleticism so I have no other choice but to blame it on either his brain or his lack of comfort with the offensive players around him.

Archived