Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth: frustrated/injured/annoyed?? [God, I hope not]

jferraro

AH said, "we are not a read defense". In the interview. Sounds like he will attack, a single gap, penetrate. I don't know if this is a shift in philosophy/scheme on Blache's part from previous season. I don't think we have to been a "read", or "gap control" defense primarily, under Blache or GW. Now when I look back at Nolan and Marvin Lewis I get the impression those were true "gap control" defenses.

Which is why I think signing him will bite us in the end. Maybe he'll play well, but history says otherwise.

I think its people like you that have started those rumors because you expected too much from him at the get-go.

A guy can be a great ball player and have an impact on the team without getting 8 sacks per season, or making 80 tackles.

Some people say he takes plays off but those are the same nit-wits who have never played defensive line and tried to chase a Clinton Portis 50 yards downfield on a running play. I am sure if you weighed in a 330 pounds and were stuck on a football field for 3 hours, everytime Portis got the ball and went tot he other side of the field you would not be in on the tackle or be chasing him downfield from sideline to sideline. Thats why we have other guys.

I believe Fat Albert will do what he does, which is disrupt, in HIS area. If the QB goes back to pass, look for AL to pressure him and bat down passes. But on RUNNING plays, that go around to the other side of the field, I just don't know what you expect him to do. Somebody who mans an end position or linebacker position eventually has to make a play without Fat Alberts assistance.

At any rate, on zero plays will Al just be standing there and breaking out the sleeping back to take a nap, so don't sweat it.:doh:

Not only do I frequent Nashville. I have family there.

Tennessee is ALL about UT football.

Tennessee and UT Football absolutely DWARF any college football or sport outside of NFL around here. If you haven't been to Tenn, listened to Tenn sports radio, or know anything about the south and College Football...you wouldn't understand.

Born in Knoxville. Trust me I know all about UT football. From Stanley Morgan to Willie Gault to Reggie White to Al Wilson to Heath Shuler to Peyton Manning. My dad actually tutored Phil Fulmer in math when he was a player there. But I have no idea about how it is in Nashville. :D

:hysterical:Get over yourself.

this makes you sound like a jerk, Rex. im just saying man, im sure your not going to lose sleep over it, so you dont have to bother defending yourself. unless, you have some back handed defense of that kind of comment.

to the O.P. i think haynesworth is a jerk, i dont really like him, save that he now wears a skins jersey, he kicked a dude in the head, he busted up someone's car driving drunk. what kind of father acts like that?? i didnt like jason taylor either, sure these are good players, talented players, but not character guys at all. only thing that will make me like haynesworth, is if he does his job during the season, im talking sacks and pressure, and TFL, if he does that, and the stupid media, stops bugging him. he could grow on me.

its obvious the guy doesnt have the patiance to anwser the same question twice, or three times, which is what these reporters are doing. and which is also what classy football players are good at. i think of haynesworth as a spoiled brat, hopefully he doesnt get injured and i dont have to listen to him whine all year.

he IS honest, i'll give him that, but not graceful taking questions. i just hope the media gets that mic out of his face, and leaves him alone during the season, a guy like that, just needs to do his job and avoid the media altogether. i didnt like hearing jason taylor talk at all, he was here half a season last year, fielding questions about the redskins, and sean taylor. what does he know, kelly johnson?, go interview one of the real skins. like london fletcher.

to the O.P. i think haynesworth is a jerk, i dont really like him, save that he now wears a skins jersey, he kicked a dude in the head, he busted up someone's car driving drunk. what kind of father acts like that?? i didnt like jason taylor either, sure these are good players, talented players, but not character guys at all. only thing that will make me like haynesworth, is if he does his job during the season, im talking sacks and pressure, and TFL, if he does that, and the stupid media, stops bugging him. he could grow on me.

I hate to digress, but what character issues are/were there with Jason Taylor?

That seemed like every other AH interview I've seen. He's kind of a mellow dude, and apparently speaks his mind. I'm not worried about anything he said. All the time when guys move from one team to another, there are differences and things they have to get used to. No surprise there, and I'm sure he expected it.

Tennessee and UT Football absolutely DWARF any college football or sport outside of NFL around here. If you haven't been to Tenn, listened to Tenn sports radio, or know anything about the south and College Football...you wouldn't understand.

Yeah, the popularity of college football really surprised me when I moved to the South. I keep telling people they're getting all worked up about what amounts to the minor leagues and they just look at me like I've got three heads. :)

He's always been like that from what I've heard, besides he's the new guy and is just getting used to his new home. Don't read to much into it, the guy is here almost everyday working hard and that is what really matters.

I see your point, but I can also see how the OP (and a lot more people besides) might be a little apprehensive coming on the heels of the Jason Taylor Experiment. The last supposed defensive beast we had in here wasn't worth the ink it took to sign his name on that hefty contract; I am hoping AH washes that bad taste out of all our mouths.

Hes been a beast the past TWO YEARS. Not exactly contract year. And Im not sure, but has he ever had any contract years up until this last one? Why is it hard to believe that he just improved over the years? And hes always been at least a solid player.

He was franchised both years; ie playing for a new contract.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again. If Blache uses Haynesworth the same way he used Golston/Montgomery, then this will go down as one of the worst FA signings ever, and Blache should be run out of town, because he doesn't know how to use talent when he gets it.
Yep. I like Blache as much as the next guy, but if I so much as see a blocker engaged with Albert for longer than 2 seconds, I'm going to grab a torch and a pitchfork and make an evening of it.

I see the same problem here as I saw when he signed. The skins are putting a lot of money and resources into one player.

I hope that player stays healthy and earns his money. However, the team is taking a chance that if said player does not meet expectations we are hurting more than if we had picked up 2/3 players instead of one.

First of all Haynesworth is from Hartsville, South Carolina. Everybody is laid back down there. Second of all Haynesworth has always been a solid player. Wow!!! his biggest two seasons were in a contract year, one can also see that it was his 6th and 7th year as a pro. Those are usually the years when you start to go from solid to dominant.

You all are overreacting, but I don't blame yah. These signings have bitten us in the ass a lot. But I don't think that Haynesworth will hurt us this year.

Born in Knoxville. Trust me I know all about UT football. From Stanley Morgan to Willie Gault to Reggie White to Al Wilson to Heath Shuler to Peyton Manning. My dad actually tutored Phil Fulmer in math when he was a player there. But I have no idea about how it is in Nashville. :D

I think my cousin has destroyed TV's in Nashville over UT football. In his house there is the Vols, then the Redskins are a way distant second, although I think he is being pulled to become a titans fan.

Pretty cool on your dad.

Am I way out of line here? If so, my apologies as July 30th can't come soon enough.

Maybe he's just a soft spoken even keel type dude, he almost sounds mono-tone.

But i like what he said though...

"...still exploding off the ball creating havoc that's what i'm gonna do.."

"...i'm getting double teamed and triple teamed all the time that's kinda what i do, they double me,triple me and that frees up other guys to make plays.."

He's always been like that from what I've heard, besides he's the new guy and is just getting used to his new home. Don't read to much into it, the guy is here almost everyday working hard and that is what really matters.

God I hope you're right, but I agree with the opening poster that these comments don't sound good.

The only thing I am concerned with is how the Skins plan on using AH. Lets face it, for the money they paid for him, he should be the focal point of the defense. So then having him do something different than what made him so successful is potentially dangerous. Good coaches adjust to their players and put them in the best spot to be successful.

Did anyone watch the Albert Haynesworth interview from 6/11? I was somewhat disturbed by the tone of his voice and by some of the comments he made about the defensive scheme. It almost sounds like Albert's unwilling or very resistant to the idea of changing his game to fit Blache's schemes and I get the feeling he's starting to throw out disclaimers relative to his performance as he's getting "acquainted" with the more aggressive blitz schemes and line movements.

I also found it interesting that he seemed blithely unaware of the storm of controversy surrounding Laron Landry's absence from camp as Haynesworth even goes so far as to say that in Nashville, "much more was made" of players missing OTA's and that it's "much more laid back here". Are the 'Skins players that out of touch with the pulse of the media/fans??

Lastly, one reporter noted that [Haynesworth] had been held out of some of the drills and asked whether he was healthy to which Haynesworth responded, "I'm all right, I'm getting old". This is not exactly what you want to hear out of your "100 million dollar" signing.

Am I way out of line here? If so, my apologies as July 30th can't come soon enough.

:dallasuck

Way too much time on your hands. Nothing there at all to be concerned with. Some people may be looking for reasons to be negative, but I didn't hear anything to cause any concern.

lets put it this way, if hanyesworth starts crushing people, (the good way) than i'll love his "nnaaaahhh, not really." quotes.

unfortunetly thats how i roll, i love any player that produces and even some that dont.

its hard to take this seriously but i kinda hope they dont interview him, and he just does what he does.

i want to see him crumple brandon jacobs. then while jacobs is not moving, start doing push ups. somebody on our team needs to lay that guy out.

Archived