Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth: frustrated/injured/annoyed?? [God, I hope not]

jferraro

Did anyone watch the Albert Haynesworth interview from 6/11? I was somewhat disturbed by the tone of his voice and by some of the comments he made about the defensive scheme. It almost sounds like Albert's unwilling or very resistant to the idea of changing his game to fit Blache's schemes and I get the feeling he's starting to throw out disclaimers relative to his performance as he's getting "acquainted" with the more aggressive blitz schemes and line movements.

I also found it interesting that he seemed blithely unaware of the storm of controversy surrounding Laron Landry's absence from camp as Haynesworth even goes so far as to say that in Nashville, "much more was made" of players missing OTA's and that it's "much more laid back here". Are the 'Skins players that out of touch with the pulse of the media/fans??

Lastly, one reporter noted that [Haynesworth] had been held out of some of the drills and asked whether he was healthy to which Haynesworth responded, "I'm all right, I'm getting old". This is not exactly what you want to hear out of your "100 million dollar" signing.

Am I way out of line here? If so, my apologies as July 30th can't come soon enough.

:dallasuck

He's always been like that from what I've heard, besides he's the new guy and is just getting used to his new home. Don't read to much into it, the guy is here almost everyday working hard and that is what really matters.

Did anyone watch the Albert Haynesworth interview from 6/11? I was somewhat disturbed by the tone of his voice and by some of the comments he made about the defensive scheme. It almost sounds like Albert's unwilling or very resistant to the idea of changing his game to fit Blache's schemes and I get the feeling he's starting to throw out disclaimers relative to his performance as he's getting "acquainted" with the more aggressive blitz schemes and line movements.

Something I was concerned with. Albert is a Disrupter, period. Blach has used his line to control gaps in the past, something Albert wanted assurances that he would not be doing before signing with us. I think it's still way to early to worry about this.

I also found it interesting that he seemed blithely unaware of the storm of controversy surrounding Laron Landry's absence from camp as Haynesworth even goes so far as to say that in Nashville, "much more was made" of players missing OTA's and that it's "much more laid back here". Are the 'Skins players that out of touch with the pulse of the media/fans??

What I think it says is that we tend to think our media coverage about stuff is more rabid and anyplace else.......and we're WRONG about that. Here, we have Hockey, Baseball, Baskeball anda couple Football teams. Nashville has nothing. Basically, it's very likely that much more of it was made in Tennessee than it is here.

Lastly, one reporter noted that [Haynesworth] had been held out of some of the drills and asked whether he was healthy to which Haynesworth responded, "I'm all right, I'm getting old". This is not exactly what you want to hear out of your "100 million dollar" signing.

:dallasuck

He also said he was a little nicked. I wouldnt read too much into it ATM. Just that he is getting closer to 30 and realizes that he isnt bullet-proof like most kids think they are.

I really didn't find many problems with the interview. There's obviously going to be some adjustment on his part because he is in a new scheme and has new guys around him. AH's tone was the same one he used during his introductory press conference. I think the guy's fine and will hopefully be the force we all want him to be.

\What I think it says is that we tend to think our media coverage about stuff is more rabid and anyplace else.......and we're WRONG about that. Here, we have Hockey, Baseball, Baskeball anda couple Football teams. Nashville has nothing.

Nashville has hockey, football, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I wouldn't call that nothing. COLLEGE FOOTBALL talk dwarfs everything else.

:hysterical:

Quite frankly, I'm glad they appear to be out of touch. Not every fan of the Redskins is an ExtremeSkins member, which is probably a good thing. Otherwise, there'd be a whole new mess of unadopted kittens running around after all the abject fans had finished their conniptions. Meanwhile, if the players were as "in touch" with the media and fans - they'd all be committing hari kari in the locker room following a loss or a player missing from OTAs.

Get over yourself. Take a deep breath, and calm down. Step back from the ledge.

Nashville has hockey, football, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I wouldn't call that nothing. COLLEGE FOOTBALL talk dwarfs everything else.

Vandy? The Preds? :laugh: Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Anyway, might points is that since I'm sure that Al doesnt come here, and that there hasnt been that much coverage about Landry in the actual press, he's going by that. Which could be very tame compared to what he has seen.

And we have 2 College Football teams people talk about around here.

I admit I'm a bit worried about this guy. We don't have much luck with these big splashes.

Regardless, our DL will be in good shape imo.

I hate seeing the FO get bashed for TRYING to get the best player out there, though. From what we've been told, it seems that everyone wanted AH. So there really wouldn't be any single direction to point a finger.

Hopefully, dude's a beast... It'll definitely make things less hectic around here :)

Vandy? The Preds? :laugh: Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Anyway, might points is that since I'm sure that Al doesnt come here, and that there hasnt been that much coverage about Landry in the actual press, he's going by that. Which could be very tame compared to what he has seen.

And we have 2 College Football teams people talk about around here.

Not only do I frequent Nashville. I have family there.

Tennessee is ALL about UT football.

Tennessee and UT Football absolutely DWARF any college football or sport outside of NFL around here. If you haven't been to Tenn, listened to Tenn sports radio, or know anything about the south and College Football...you wouldn't understand.

This is why you do not sign someone else's FA for that contract. PERIOD! This kind of signing can set you back for almost a decade.

I hope it works out and I don't think these comments are something to be worried about. Because until Training Camp, nothing is real.

But I will say I had reservations on the signing since day 1 and still do. I am just not a strong believer in signing guys to huge contracts unless you draft them. Because then and only then do you truly know how to coach that player.

Big Al has always had motivation issues when not in a contract year.

Hes been a beast the past TWO YEARS. Not exactly contract year. And Im not sure, but has he ever had any contract years up until this last one? Why is it hard to believe that he just improved over the years? And hes always been at least a solid player.

Big Al has always had motivation issues when not in a contract year.

I'm still skeptical of his motivations, but how many contract years has he had in his career? To my knowledge, there's only been two in succession right?

This is why you do not sign someone else's FA for that contract. PERIOD! This kind of signing can set you back for almost a decade.

I hope it works out and I don't think these comments are something to be worried about. Because until Training Camp, nothing is real.

But I will say I had reservations on the signing since day 1 and still do. I am just not a strong believer in signing guys to huge contracts unless you draft them. Because then and only then do you truly know how to coach that player.

I'm more concerned that a DT can easily get a bad knee injury that'll badly affect his performance. I assume the big, fat guys are more prone to big injuries, and signing them to big contracts makes them even more risky.

Hes been a beast the past TWO YEARS. Not exactly contract year. And Im not sure, but has he ever had any contract years up until this last one? Why is it hard to believe that he just improved over the years? And hes always been at least a solid player.

The last two years (his monster years) both were contract years.

He played on one year deals in both 2007 and 2008. That is where that theory comes from.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again. If Blache uses Haynesworth the same way he used Golston/Montgomery, then this will go down as one of the worst FA signings ever, and Blache should be run out of town, because he doesn't know how to use talent when he gets it.

Archived