Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Neverending Arguments

Thinking Skins

Oh, I definitely agree with this. The thing though is that as these disputes go for 20 - 40 or more posts,

I don't doubt that I'll need to do this in the future. But I am asking people who engage in these things (myself included) to be considerate of others who are interested in the thread topic at hand and not necessarily in the minor subdiscussion.

I wish that posts like the one below didn't exsist, but they are the norm for this forum *sigh*:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6488108&postcount=108

And sometimes its hard not to take the bait.

BRD!

Were you been hiding bro? Still prowling the Calli hills and riding off into the sun set on that heap of metal you call a bike? :silly:

Man, you need to pop around more often. Your repertoire is ALWAYS a must read, and your witty post responses, as exemplified again here, always have me laughing aloud, which is always welcome in this nut house we call home. (I figure that's enough praise to cover the "bike" thing. :evilg:).

Hail.

Ah, Bless you brother. Just when I was beginning to think I'd somehow ended up on EVERYONE'S ignore list, you rescue me from my creeping paranoia. Apparently I'm not invisible after all.

-guess I can cancel that bank robbery then...

I've been on a sort of forced hiatus from 'Skins sites, my blog, and many other things besides, my friend - but good of you to notice and ask after my welfare. Suffice it to say as this season approaches I will spend more and more time here, hopefully contributing as I may in my somewhat inimitable fashion. Let's hope this year is a breakout campaign for the Zornster and Co.

Cheers

Lots of things.

1. O-line. Will it be decent or will it be bad and injury prone again?

2. Will Kelly and/Thomas step up this year?

3. Who will our kicker be?

4. How will Zorn be as a HC now that he and his coaches have a full year in the system?

5. Who will be the #5 WR?

6. Do we keep a RB other than Portis, Betts and Rock?

7. How will Daneils respond from surgery last year?

8. Will Rocky have a breakout season?

9. Can someone beat out ARE in the return game?

I could go on, but there are alot of thing we COULD talk about as well. ;)

With all due respect :),

I would say that many of the above suggestions have been discussed or there are threads around that cover these topics. There's one on the WR's that I bumped yesterday. There's been plenty of talk on the return game, the #3 RB position is always discussed ie, do we keep Rock, or CP is too expensive to cut etc etc. There was a thread on Rocky being in talks about a new contract. Not exactly what you stated above but could have brought out a discussion on how that will effect his play this year. Also, there was a thread started on the OL ( by 'Longshot I think)

Perhaps we should all look back through some of the other threads that have come & gone without notice in recent times. That may stimulate a varied discussion.

Saying that, it may all boil down to our lack of success in recent years. Until that changes, perhaps Danny, Vinny, Zorn & JC will always be the focus of our attention.

With all due respect :)' date='

I would say that many of the above suggestions have been discussed or there are threads around that cover these topics. There's one on the WR's that I bumped yesterday. There's been plenty of talk on the return game, the #3 RB position is always discussed ie, do we keep Rock, or CP is too expensive to cut etc etc. There was a thread on Rocky being in talks about a new contract. Not exactly what you stated above but could have brought out a discussion on how that will effect his play this year. Also, there was a thread started on the OL ( by 'Longshot I think)[/quote']

Well, those were just examples. And they certainly do not create the type of redundant polarization that a couple discussions that seem to hijack threads and become name calling contests.

Threads that include JC have a very loud bunch that will tell you that he is a horrible QB. The numbers of course say that he has been very average. Then you have people that think Colt is a HOF in the waiting, when there is basically nothing to go on. These 2 subjects for some reason bring the worst out on ES. Sure, you have someone like McD 5 that think Portis sucks and Betts is awesome. But he is one guy, and everyone knows that he lost his marbles sometime in the 6th grade. Or you have GregPeck, who everyone knows is a lunatic about everything. But this subject has made guys that used to be well, pretty solid posters into rabid manics.

The thread topics you mention dont do that. But they usually get hyjacked by someone bring up the (in a thread about the offensive line) that the reason the O-line sucked was because JC is a terrible QB.

Which goes to the frustration of the OP.;)

Well, those were just examples. And they certainly do not create the type of redundant polarization that a couple discussions that seem to hijack threads and become name calling contests.

Threads that include JC have a very loud bunch that will tell you that he is a horrible QB. The numbers of course say that he has been very average. Then you have people that think Colt is a HOF in the waiting, when there is basically nothing to go on. These 2 subjects for some reason bring the worst out on ES. Sure, you have someone like McD 5 that think Portis sucks and Betts is awesome. But he is one guy, and everyone knows that he lost his marbles sometime in the 6th grade. Or you have GregPeck, who everyone knows is a lunatic about everything. But this subject has made guys that used to be well, pretty solid posters into rabid manics.

The thread topics you mention dont do that. But they usually get hyjacked by someone bring up the (in a thread about the offensive line) that the reason the O-line sucked was because JC is a terrible QB.

Which goes to the frustration of the OP.;)

So are the OP's frustrations based off of threads getting hijacked with old arguments or is he upset because theads are being hijacked with criticism of Jason?

So are the OP's frustrations based off of threads getting hijacked with old arguments or is he upset because theads are being hijacked with criticism of Jason?

isnt that the same to a large degree lately? there are certainly old args that have nothing to do with jc, though many seem to be jc-jacked.

The former, but the later has been the leading example of it. There was alot of that in talks aobut anything about the defence degrading into "Blache sucks" for some time, for example.

Well, these are his words.

We get it - you hate JC; you hate the way he plays; you hate that he's not smart; you hate that he's not a true leader you probably hate everything about him....but I just wish we could just talk more about the offense without having to result to these neverending argumetns.

Seems like he may take it a little personally.

without arguing sports would suck. what would have to talk about? if you dont have the stomach then dont read the threads. let the men come on and respond. sad day when political correctness shows up on a message board. if some one puts up a JC thread im going to say he sucks because he does. by the way, thinking skins are you a female?

without arguing sports would suck. what would have to talk about? if you dont have the stomach then dont read the threads. let the men come on and respond. sad day when political correctness shows up on a message board. if some one puts up a JC thread im going to say he sucks because he does. by the way, thinking skins are you a female?

Thank God you only have 33 posts in 4-odd years here. :doh:

Wow, glad you dont post more. Discussing football is great. Aurguing about it is pointless, stupid and redundant. Not to mention unproductive. Arguing and ****ing is what girls do. And you like that? Maybe you are the female.

Wow, glad you dont post more. Discussing football is great. Aurguing about it is pointless, stupid and redundant. Not to mention unproductive. Arguing and ****ing is what girls do. And you like that? Maybe you are the female.

And posting on ES is supposed to be productive? Damn, I better stop doing it while I'm at work or I may get promoted.... Oh boy, you just described half of the posters in these "Never Ending Arguments". Does it get worse every 28 days? Believe me with 6 sisters, I've learned to vacate my house and take a week vacation or sleep on the beach.:silly:

Maybe a touch of perspective would be useful. As much as the "neverending arguments" can grate on the nerves, if this is our biggest problem then we are doing pretty damn well. The Stadium this offseason has seen more consistent and continuing conversation than it has for several years. The flood of witless/lock-worthy threads started has been choked from a flood to a drip. You can actually come back days later and pick up in existing threads without having to look several pages back. There have been some extremely substantial Xs n Os explanations offered lately.

In some ways I feel like we are just spoiled. Spoiled by the 80's, spoiled by "the good old days" of ES, and spoiled by the internet trying to stroke our football need/greed 17.3 times/ second.

And being spoiled is the result of having it too good.

In some ways I feel like we are just spoiled. Spoiled by the 80's, spoiled by "the good old days" of ES, and spoiled by the internet trying to stroke our football need/greed 17.3 times/ second.

And being spoiled is the result of having it too good.

You do have a point. I can remember in years past when the personal insults would upset me a lot more, and to take it to a higher level, the 20 threads all saying "should we sign this guy". That seems to have calmed down a lot this offseason.

You do have a point. I can remember in years past when the personal insults would upset me a lot more, and to take it to a higher level, the 20 threads all saying "should we sign this guy". That seems to have calmed down a lot this offseason.

Trust me, I was not trying to belittle your initial point. We do see these arguments where a person's POV transcends whatever is being discussed at the outset and yes, it is a little like having ground glass rubbed into my eyes but when I look at the big picture, I do genuinely believe things could be far worse than they are.

I wish more people would read through the archives, especially during the off-season when news is slow. They might see that plus ça change is one of the consistent elements of this board.

Archived