Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Neverending Arguments

Thinking Skins

Where did I go wrong? Did I say anything to bash Campbell, to disrespect him, or anything that the OP wrote? Did I get defensive in anyway? No. I approached this from a contemplative, non-argumentative point of view. So, why are you getting all hot under the collar? Maybe read the entire post instead of keying off of my name first.

OP: "Threads are being hijacked when the original topic morphs into things like 'I think JC might not have what it takes' instead of remaining on-topic."

HT: "Yes, they do have a tendency to drift. In fact the example you cite, people talking about JC's ability, is a good one. Personally, I believe JC might not have what it takes."

;)

RECOGNITION. That's the key word. If you can't recognition what your own language is in your own country, how will you learn correctly another language, such as the language of the NFL.

...There has NEVER EVER NEVER been a HOF quarterback inducted into Canton who used the word AXE instead of the word ASK.

Lemme ax you sumfin - djou learna right like dis at dat skool?

:rolleyes:

Judging someone's intelligence - or more precisely their football intelligence - based upon how they speak is really short-sighted. There are plenty of great players who don't speak proper American English.

Also I'm curious to know what exactly is the language of the NFL - Esperanto?

:silly:

Maybe a touch of perspective would be useful. As much as the "neverending arguments" can grate on the nerves, if this is our biggest problem then we are doing pretty damn well. The Stadium this offseason has seen more consistent and continuing conversation than it has for several years. The flood of witless/lock-worthy threads started has been choked from a flood to a drip. You can actually come back days later and pick up in existing threads without having to look several pages back. There have been some extremely substantial Xs n Os explanations offered lately.

In some ways I feel like we are just spoiled. Spoiled by the 80's, spoiled by "the good old days" of ES, and spoiled by the internet trying to stroke our football need/greed 17.3 times/ second.

And being spoiled is the result of having it too good.

LD, that's good to hear, coming from someone who (I think?) is pre-merge (?) even if you might have only just got in before close. :)

I myself am only going through my 2nd off-season of regular participation here, so I guess my opinion that the Stadium is too full of pointless name-calling and other fruitless activities is a little off. Then again, I haven't been here a whole lot recently, so who knows? It would be interesting to note how many others with tenure comparable to yours share your opinion about this offseason here.

Anyone who fits that description care to chime in on this? Thanks in advance.

without arguing sports would suck. what would have to talk about? if you dont have the stomach then dont read the threads. let the men come on and respond. sad day when political correctness shows up on a message board. if some one puts up a JC thread im going to say he sucks because he does. by the way, thinking skins are you a female?
Wow, you're 32? Boowahahaha!:hysterical:

I bet you twitter ;-P

The haters will hate and the fanboys will fan. Makes for some lively reading on a slow work day. :-)

It would be boring if everyone agreed on everything. Most replies to a thread starter would be ... "I agree" and end there. Not much fun in that (to me)

I myself am only going through my 2nd off-season of regular participation here, so I guess my opinion that the Stadium is too full of pointless name-calling and other fruitless activities is a little off.

The overwhelming majority of fans here would say that any is probably too much, but compared to years past? Man, the difference really is remarkable.

A lot of people were worried and wondering what things might be like with the passing of the torch and guys like Om, Blade and Art not here as before. I was tbh, and my usual cynical self expected that this board would fade but I really have to say that zoony and MTH have been all over the place mendin fences and slappin on fresh paint. A lot of "just us" regular members have stepped up their efforts to keep this the best Skins site online as well.

All positive signs to my way of thinking.

I just want to get back to good, fun, informative football talk again.

reading your post, the first thing I did was look at your join date.:) I know what you mean in the way the tone has changed a bit. For the first time in years, I had to stay away from this place for a while last season.

I used to enjoy the endless debates between Art and Flowtrain, but things never turned nasty. There is lot of people I don't see around here anymore that I enjoyed hearing their opinions.

reading your post, the first thing I did was look at your join date.:) I know what you mean in the way the tone has changed a bit. For the first time in years, I had to stay away from this place for a while last season.

I used to enjoy the endless debates between Art and Flowtrain, but things never turned nasty. There is lot of people I don't see around here anymore that I enjoyed hearing their opinions.

As someone who wasn't here until 2006, I was pretty taken back by Art's recent debate with someone, I forget who, and how both of them had actual paragraphs of real information and arguments to contribute. My posts don't look anything like those, and it's pretty embarrassing.

It must've been fun to be a part of those days.

As someone who wasn't here until 2006, I was pretty taken back by Art's recent debate with someone, I forget who, and how both of them had actual paragraphs of real information and arguments to contribute. My posts don't look anything like those, and it's pretty embarrassing.

It must've been fun to be a part of those days.

It was fun.

The posters from other teams were civil as well. oh, and the occasional visits from Pittman42 were always entertaining. We haven't heard from him in a long time.

Archived