Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

California!

Toe Jam

If I give a family member money for a rental car and they put it on their credit card, would I be allowed to drive it? I don't know how these things work. I need it to drive myself up to D.C.

Yes, but you pay extra for being under 25...but I used to get rental cars when I was 21

Just don't total one of em like i did

I'm going to go visit my dad in California.

Now I know there is way too much for me to see in one week. So I need suggestions about what to do. Ideas?

Kim Kardashian's booty??

The Playboy Mansion??

How about a Dodger game??

I've seen none of these things in person but I would if I went.

You're right, I don't. There are lots of things I do like....but I can't wait to get back to the east coast. One more year, hopefully.

That's because you live in the wrong part of Cali, baby.

One year in the Bay Area and you will be smoking the Cali crack just like I do. :laugh:

That's because you live in the wrong part of Cali, baby.

One year in the Bay Area and you will be smoking the Cali crack just like I do. :laugh:

NO Cal aint got nuttin on SO Cal baby...you should know that!!

MissU, I know you miss the east coast. thats why i said i wasnt talking ****. and besides anyone who hates in-n-out must be cuh-razee!!

Haha, I was just going to recommend this as well.

TJ, it's a complete freakshow on the strip on weekend nights, you must see this, it's hysterical. :D

Venice beach is also a complete freakfest. I took my fiance there a couple months ago when he visited just for ****s and giggles, that was also quite entertaining, lol. I've never seen such a clustering of marijuana "medical clinics" since the last time I visited Amsterdam and it's plethora of coffee shops, haha.

I shall be in California soon!!!:evilg:

I have to agree w/an earlier poster that Venice Beach is something to see, the people there are just complete freaks (many of them anyway) and even though it's a completely touristy thing to do, well, you are going to be a tourist I guess.

I would also recommend borrowing someone's car and doing a drive up/down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway).

If you get a chance to go up to Santa Barbara take it. I always have had a blast up there. Hit up the pier and eat at Brophy Brothers. They have the best oyster shooter I have ever had. Enjoy your trip, man.

And if you are on the PCH (like deejay said) and are in Malibu: Bob Morris' Paradise Cove Beach Cafe. It's right on the beach and has some amazing food.

Need some help from those of you that live in the D.C. area.

I'm coming into D.C. by bus Monday night. My plane takes off Tuesday morning from Dulles. So I need to know two things:

1. What is the easiest and cheapest way to get to Dulles from Downtown D.C. (or wherever the stupid Greyhound station is)? A cab would cost too much, right?

2. Are there any cheap hotels within five miles of the airport?

Need some help from those of you that live in the D.C. area.

I'm coming into D.C. by bus Monday night. My plane takes off Tuesday morning from Dulles. So I need to know two things:

1. What is the easiest and cheapest way to get to Dulles from Downtown D.C. (or wherever the stupid Greyhound station is)? A cab would cost too much, right?

2. Are there any cheap hotels within five miles of the airport?

You'll be staying in CHANTILLY!!!! That's my hometown. If I were you, I'd take the Metro (orange line) to Vienna/Fairfax (it's the last stop). Then you can take a cab (or maybe they have a bus line) that can take you near the airport. I bet there's a bus line there if you look.

As for CHEAP hotels in Chantilly....I am not sure.

How to reach Dulles Airport from the Metrorail system:

Board any Orange line train headed towards "Vienna/Fairfax/GMU." Exit the train at the West Falls Church station, and follow the signs directing you to the Washington Flyer bus stop. Tickets can be purchased on the bus from the driver. All Washington Flyer buses departing this location go directly to the front door of the Main Terminal at Dulles Airport. Click here for schedule and ticket prices.

Metrobus Route 5A between Dulles and Washington, DC

Metrobus operates an express bus service between Dulles Airport and Washington, DC (L'Enfant Plaza) via the following stops:

• Washington Dulles International Airport
  • Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride Lot
  • Tysons-Westpark Transit Station
  • Rosslyn Station
  • L'Enfant Plaza Station

At Dulles, the Metrobus stops at the Ground Transportation Curb (Arrivals level, down the ramp) at curb location 2E.

http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/parking_transportation_3/ground_transportation/metrorail

One of THE best cities for small, locally grown music is Silverlake. It's is loaded with inexpensive hole in the wall clubs that offer up great music. Beck, Rilo Kiley and Silversun Pickups all cut their teeth in this town. During the week you can get into the places for $5 or just a drink minimum. Highly recommended if you love live music. The city is just NE of downtown. Google it and you'll find some great info. Pickup the LA Weekly rag, which is free and a great guide to not just music but every diversion.

Be warned, that Silverlake has large gay community and a few gay spots. So what out for those. Hermosa Beach is cool spot, with bars right off the beach on the Pier.

Stay away from Hollywood, its dirty. Pasadena is nice too on Colorado street. Come down to Orange County and you can hit up Newport Beach, Dana Point and Laguna Beach. Hungtington Beach is more of the "bros" type place with lots of Surfers and "Tapout" t-shirt wearing douchebags.

If you can make it down to San Diego, than you definitely should, its a beautiful down town area. also, take the Catalina Express to Catalina Island fo the day.

Free stuff: The Getty Museuem, Cheap: Griffith Observatory and of course Disneyland which is totally expensive.

I have to agree w/an earlier poster that Venice Beach is something to see, the people there are just complete freaks (many of them anyway) and even though it's a completely touristy thing to do, well, you are going to be a tourist I guess.

I would also recommend borrowing someone's car and doing a drive up/down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway).

Note on this, DON'T TAKE PCH "ALL THE WAY". Start in Long Beach (Belmont Shores) and go south all the way down to ORange County. North of Long Beach in PCH can get into some real sketchy parts. If you want to go north start Malibu.

IF you go to Venice, go for the day and leave before dark, its gang infested at night time.

NO Cal aint got nuttin on SO Cal baby...you should know that!!

MissU, I know you miss the east coast. thats why i said i wasnt talking ****. and besides anyone who hates in-n-out must be cuh-razee!!

I don't know man, The Bay Area has some really nice spots. San Fran, Carmel, Monterey, Sausalito. Most of So Cal is stuck up and pretentious. Hmmm, maybe because I live in Orange County and have to see these slags every day and its NOR CAL not NO Cal

I don't know man, The Bay Area has some really nice spots. San Fran, Carmel, Monterey, Sausalito. Most of So Cal is stuck up and pretentious. Hmmm, maybe because I live in Orange County and have to see these slags every day and its NOR CAL not NO Cal

you must not know the whole Jim Rome joke I guess.

NO Cal and SO cal

like we are SO california and they are NO(t) California.

it was a joke and ive lived in both...:D

Drive highway 1 along the coast. Worth the view and beauty of the pacific ocean. And if you haven't been or seen disneyland, visit the tourist trap at least once.

When he actually gets here, it will still be pretty gloomy. Hell it's thick marine layer and drizzling right now. So PCH shouldn't be a must see right now.

• 2 weeks later...

In N Out was okay. Not better than Five Guys, though. Comparable to Wendy's.

As for the weather out here... it's effing hot where I'm staying in Wasco. Way too hot and dry for my liking.

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Not THAT was fun!

In N Out was okay. Not better than Five Guys, though. Comparable to Wendy's.

As for the weather out here... it's effing hot where I'm staying in Wasco. Way too hot and dry for my liking.

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Not THAT was fun!

Hey, I learned something from this thread. I've never heard of Wasco up until now. Yes, that area is going to be hot this time of year. Make your way towards the coast young man.

Archived