Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Try to balance California's budget

MissU28

Easy; cut, cut, cut, cut, cut... heck I only had to go through education, human services, and health...

Trying again to be more humane it's hard. I really didn't want to cut the K-12 funds in education; but that was really the only way to close the gap. Also I figure there is some way to change the law regarding state benefits to *make it legal* to cut some of their beneifts.

What ticks me off is that it appears they are going after all of the "small costs" (parks?!) and not cutting some of the larger ones. You need to go after the meat. Oh and illegal immigrants take up something like $5-6B of the budget as well... lets stop services to illegal immigrants.

Easy; cut, cut, cut, cut, cut... heck I only had to go through education, human services, and health...

Trying again to be more humane it's hard. I really didn't want to cut the K-12 funds in education; but that was really the only way to close the gap. Also I figure there is some way to change the law regarding state benefits to *make it legal* to cut some of their beneifts.

What ticks me off is that it appears they are going after all of the "small costs" (parks?!) and not cutting some of the larger ones. You need to go after the meat. Oh and illegal immigrants take up something like $5-6B of the budget as well... lets stop services to illegal immigrants.

agreed...with the illegal immigrants part. I also say tax cigarettes and alcohol more. I also would not mind if they cut a week off the school year.

Hmm... California has 106 state employees per 10,000 citizens - the third lowest ratio among the 50 states.

Wait a sec - I thought our budget problems were due to the fact that Sacramento was obscenely bloated with bureaucrats!!! :silly:

agreed...with the illegal immigrants part. I also say tax cigarettes and alcohol more. I also would not mind if they cut a week off the school year.

they just taxed smokes BIG time this past month. they are now over 5 bucks a pack.

i say cut the teacher's salaries..they get paid too much and most of them just sit on message boards anyways during school hours!! :silly:

they just taxed smokes BIG time this past month. they are now over 5 bucks a pack.

i say cut the teacher's salaries..they get paid too much and most of them just sit on message boards anyways during school hours!! :silly:

I don't go on during school hours! Only before school starts and at lunch!

I pretty much raised all the taxes, save for corporate (which seemed crushing to me) and the contractor income tax withholding

If Republicans in the state legislature realized that they should come up with a super rich 15 percent bracket, the only people that would pay are hollywood liberals and thusly cut off a source of fundraising for Dems in CA :). Personally, that is what I would propose, a super wealthy tax of 15 percent on those making 5 million and up. That tax raise option (the 10 and 11 percent option) seemed to raise the most revenue

I had to cut TONS of stuff, a lot of which sucks but clearly will have to be done.

Hell, I'd call the Hollywood bluff (on my 15 percent tax) and jack it up to 20 percent. I don't think you are suddenly going to have Hollywood actors flee the state

And good. Packs should be 10 bucks. Get all the money from people killing themselves.

Shame Tobacco just doesn't pull their product out of the people's Republic for 3 months or so and let Calif see if they can survive without the tax revenue.

Wait a sec - I thought our budget problems were due to the fact that Sacramento was obscenely bloated with bureaucrats!!! :silly:

Yes Bloated with bureaucrats who cling to an idiotic idealogy that has put Cali in the position that its in today.

It was them and Unoins that effectively forced the Governator to switch from being a fiscal conservative to the typical Cali social spender.

I'd go with Drill,baby Drill,but we know that ain't happening.:silly:

I think tax increases are the only way to go...for ya'll;)

Maybe a state carbon/energy tax?...I'm sure the environmentally conscious there would see it as a good thing and not mind the bite.

I really don't understand how there can be shortfalls anyway,lot's of rich people there that should just volunteer to pick up the tab in support of the local way of life.

Damn SS beat me

I don't know. I got to a surplus of $7.385 Billion by cutting dependencies to federal minimums, cutting grants, taxing alcohol and smokes (sorry Mike), allowing commercial assessments. A few other things and you are good. I don't see what is so difficult here?!?!? :silly: Me running Cali would result in civil war, of that I am sure.

Archived